t-roy 18-Jul-21
Old School 18-Jul-21
jingalls 18-Jul-21
butcherboy 18-Jul-21
Big Fin 18-Jul-21
Red Sparky 18-Jul-21
butcherboy 19-Jul-21
16-Jul-21
Desperate: Two old, retired, non partying, non smoking, bowhunters, seek any gender persons, of any race, political party affiliation, cross dressers welcome as we do not need to actually meet you! We just want to rent your camper for a couple of weeks in the Gila! Please PM…8^o…”IF” you have a camper!!!

16-Jul-21
Place the post in the NM State forum as well. Good luck in your search.

16-Jul-21
I wish you the best of luck! several places online to rent campers out of Albuquerque. Jealous of your tag btw....you will have a great hunt.

16-Jul-21
Congratulations on the tags! Have lost my connections in that country but wish you the best of luck! Stay away from the hot chili….

16-Jul-21
You can’t come to NM without eating the hot GC! It goes on everything and it’s a right of passage. Lol

16-Jul-21
butcherboy, it’s that “passage” that I would be worried about!-)

Duckhunter, I looked at some of those. Was just trying to find a fellow BS’r that might be a little more flexible. As we don’t know when we will be done?

17-Jul-21
GC will certainly clean you out if you aren’t used to it. You should come out a few days early and get acclimated to it. No need to worry about acclimating to the altitude. :0

Wish I could help you out on the rental but I live in the northwest part of the state.

17-Jul-21
Thanks Chad. We’ve been out once scouting a month ago. Got a friend close to Albuquerque that’s helping us since we’re so far away, KS and MT. Our plan is to be out the last week of August to scout some more before the opener. Just wish I could find a BS’r with a trailer. The rental places are expensive and they don’t like having an open ended rental.

17-Jul-21
Did you try rvshare? Kinda like air bnb for rvs

17-Jul-21
Thanks Rickm, yes I did. I found one we could rent. The only problem with those sites is they want definite dates. I know when we want to pick it up. But no clue when we will be done? Hoping to find a BS’r that wants to make a little $.

17-Jul-21
Found a camper!-)

18-Jul-21
Stay away from the green chilie, red is the only real chilie.

18-Jul-21
How can you call yourself a New Mexican and Not like GC?! ;) you know it’s green first before it’s red right? Just giving you a hard time bowbaker. Lol just go Christmas if you want both.

Glad you found your camper John!

18-Jul-21
Were there any stipulations on whether or not you could eat chili (red OR green) while using said trailer?! ;-)

18-Jul-21
I’d be wary of any NM chili - didn’t Randy Newberg have quite the “episode” after trying some local NM chili. Still laugh when I think about that series.

18-Jul-21
The family that rented me the camper is part of the family that fed Randy his famous chili. They told me they would take me there so I could sample it myself. HARD pass till after the hunt! 8^D

18-Jul-21
It’s not the actual meal that’s the problem. It’s the amount of gc in it and how hot it is. If you’re not used to it then you have some drastic problems later! NM’s Mexican food is definitely unique and different than anywhere else. You have to at least get a Blakes Lotaburger with gc on it. Good luck!

18-Jul-21
If the restaurant in Magdalena was still in business, I would go there and film a follow up interview. I was at a Total Archery Challenge event the last three days and it is nice to hear from the crowd's comments how many people got some good laughs at my expense.

Surely good advice to eat traditional New Mexico chili after the hunt, not before. The down side for a squared-Scandinavian like me is that traditional New Mexico chili is the best chili in world. My weak intestines aren't accustomed to that level of octane, not even 2-alarm. Just for the taste and savory value I would eat it for every meal, but after two days I would likely die from doing so.

Hope you find some lodging that fits your need. Should be a great hunt.

18-Jul-21
Any real New Mexican doesn't get in the green/red debate, they just order it Christmas.

19-Jul-21
Lol. The debate never ends....

• Sitka Gear