Paul@thefort 19-Jul-21
Paul@thefort 19-Jul-21
Treeline 19-Jul-21
Potro 19-Jul-21
BC 19-Jul-21
APauls 19-Jul-21
badbull 19-Jul-21
18-Jul-21
Went stateside for deer for the first time two years ago. As we are bored waiting for the leaves to change red...

18-Jul-21
I always enjoy a good red trail if you want to post yours up :)

18-Jul-21
Good work! Hopefully you'll have a chance to cross the border and come down to make some more bloodtrails before long.

18-Jul-21
Awesome video! I never think to film any of the trailing work… Too keyed up and focused on finding the critter. Should do it sometime, if I can remember…

19-Jul-21
Good vid!

Thanks for sharing,

Robb

19-Jul-21
Congrats! That shows how different plants and terrain can be to track in. What was the bow/BH setup? Did you already know where the deer was. Hence no bow in the video?

19-Jul-21
Thanks Altitude! Bow was a Bowtech prodigy roughly 420grain arrow and a Vortex American Archer at 60-65 lbs can't remember exactly. It was a longer shot so I got to watch the arrow in flight and knew I drilled him good. He was with a smaller buck, and they tore off down into the coulee together and when I finally saw the one buck on the far side after going through two bottoms he was alone, and stopped.

So I knew I drilled him, found my arrow and peno was excellent. I had stood in one place watching for quite a while, and only the one buck came out. Waited another while and nothing. After finding blood it was frothy and gruesome. Wasn't worried about it being dead or not. I'm not always that confident, but sometimes it just one of those "when you know, you know" situations.

I didn't know where he was, and was really shocked he went like 250 yards on that hit. Guy just flat our boogied. He crossed through two bottoms. I expected him dead in the first one. When he wasn't there I thought oh for sure he's dead in the next one. Wrong again. Went through again and partially up the far side there where he fell.

19-Jul-21

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
yep
yep
yep
yep
yep
yep

19-Jul-21

yep
yep

19-Jul-21
That got our blood going thanks for the video.

19-Jul-21
And then we have Paul (AKA Stevie Wonder) and his blood and gore;-).

Dang Paul, did you have to break out the swim trunks for that???

19-Jul-21
Looks like Rage work

19-Jul-21
Good job man. You’ve got everyone geared up now. Won’t be long.

19-Jul-21
Oh baby Paul - that looks like someone got a throat rip in!

19-Jul-21
APauls, good video. Did not know that you were such a handsome young dude as well as a great tracker. Paul, that is what I would call a blood trail. A blind man could follow that one.......Badbull

• Sitka Gear