esean 22-Jul-21
Dyjack 23-Jul-21
Lost Arra 23-Jul-21
Ermine 23-Jul-21
Blood 23-Jul-21
txhunter58 23-Jul-21
joehunter 23-Jul-21
21-Jul-21
My feet sweat and blister like no other. I'm ashamed to admit, i've been wearing cotton wal mart socks for the last 15 years, because they breath to where my feet aren't drenched.

What is the most breathable early season sock?

21-Jul-21
Has anyone tried the darn tough coolmax?

21-Jul-21
Lightweight merino wool by either Darn Tough or Smartwool are my go-to’s.

21-Jul-21
Love my darn tough socks not sure what kind.

21-Jul-21
anyone tried the farm to feet damascus?

21-Jul-21
Not a Darn Tough fan. They're too thin. I use the ones from Bass Pro.

Wear your boots for 4 hours a day for the months leading up to your hunt and your feet won't blister because they'll be calloused from wearing them all the time.

21-Jul-21
Same as Wyobull!

ElkNut

21-Jul-21
Merino wool! Only way to go. Needs to be over 60% wool

21-Jul-21
Lorpen or Smartwool merino wool socks and sometimes with a poly liner socks.

21-Jul-21
The smart wool didn't work for me. Feet were soaked

21-Jul-21
Sivart, it's not the sock!

ElkNut

21-Jul-21
Merino wool! Only way to go. Needs to be over 60% wool

21-Jul-21
Darn tough coolmax are great!

21-Jul-21
But I've also always been a 2 sock guy for serious terrain and miles. No blisters or hot spots.

21-Jul-21
hdaman, my man here! I wear two socks everyday of the year, 100+ deg to 30 below, two socks everyday for those exact thoughts! It works & never had a blister in over 40 years in the ElkWoods!

ElkNut

21-Jul-21
Another two sock guy here. Always double up socks in my hunting boots. Also helps in a pinch when you forgot the toilet paper. Just saying.

21-Jul-21
Hot weather I just wear a liner sock. If it’s a little cooler - liner sock plus a merino wool sock.

21-Jul-21
Fox river

22-Jul-21
I use cotton blend socks for warm weather. I have Bombas and Stone Glacier. They have 0 wool. Feet definitely feel cooler than with my merino socks. I don’t wear a liner sock.

22-Jul-21
Smartwool year round.

Poly liners under the smartwool, for serious mountain miles.

22-Jul-21
I can't remember the name of the product but isn't there something that you can put on your feet to help with sweat? Its either a powder or a roll on type of thing? Anyone know what I'm thinking of?

22-Jul-21
2 sock guy here also, thin first layer, Darn tough outside. No blisters as the "slip" is between the 2 socks.

22-Jul-21
Smart wool are my favorite. Merino blends. Cool max ok but not equal. I were smart wool year round. I’ve tried 6-8 different brands. Always go back to smart wool.

22-Jul-21
2 pair socks! It’s nice to walk back to camp with at least one pair on for those certain moments that happen in the woods.

22-Jul-21
It's not so much the sock/s! I probably don't sweat enough in other places of my body but my feet really sweat. I spray my feet with unscented antiperspirant spray from Wal Mart. They have two brands I think that come in unscented. I also use a few small pieces of athletic tape on known "hot spots." It's really only a problem in early season for me when it's warm and I'm hiking all day long. You don't get blisters nearly as much if your feet stay drier. Most of the time I can get back to my truck each day so I normally also alternate two pair of boots and let each pair "air out" for a day.

22-Jul-21
Plus whatever on Darn Tough. I also bought some ENGO blister patches that I put in the back of the heals of my boots. I badly blistered my heals last year on an August 20 mile scouting/hike trip wearing some semi new boots I thought I had broken in. First and last time that was going to happen. I was wearing Redhead merino wool socks. Different socks, patches, and paying more attention to the beginning of the issue solved the problem. I also carry some KT tape just in case.

22-Jul-21
Leuko tape works great. It stays on your feet for a good week.

22-Jul-21
If your feet blister try a light synthetic liner sock under a midweight wool sock. And as mentioned above carry spares.

22-Jul-21
PS, yes wool in warm weather. Wool maintains 'loft' because the fibers are crimped, so there's more air circulation within the fabric. I've worn wool on 90+ humid days and my feet did not over-heat.

22-Jul-21
Costco Omni Wool merino blend is a great sock at a great value. Virtually identical to Smartwool at a much better price.

22-Jul-21
Sock liners and Darn Tough or First Lite socks.

22-Jul-21
My feet sweat like crazy too but I've never had a blister. I wear thick merino Smartwool for serious hiking, even in warm weather. I think the thicker socks soak up more sweat, cushion better, and allow more air circulation. Well fitting, flexible ultralight boots are the second part of the equation for me.

23-Jul-21
Any thin merino with liners is what I run usually.

Started running full cushion darn tough regularly.

Recently picked up Stone Glacier performance socks. Have probably 10 miles hiked in them. I really like them.

They could potentially be my new favorite thin hiking sock.

23-Jul-21
spray your feet with Mitchum anti perspirant. Do it daily, not just hikes.

23-Jul-21
I like darn tough

23-Jul-21
I got mid-weight Darn Tough for the first time this year and I’m super impressed how good they are. I run a light poly sock under the Darn Tough and have been hiking a lot and love them. Super tough and super cushion.

23-Jul-21
They this product.

https://www.sweatblock.com/

Apply one evening to the bottoms of your feet as you get in bed

23-Jul-21
Sivart said "Leuko tape works great. It stays on your feet for a good week". After hunting for many years I know the spots I will have issues with on my feet. For me it does not matter the shoe, boot, or sock it always happens on the outside of my big toes. I just tape them up prior to the hunt making sure there are no wrinkles. Then wear good mid weight one layer merino or coolmax merino combo socks ( I have a few different brands - Farm to feet, Lorpen, etc) I am good to go. I have left it on for 8 days before removing or replacing.

• Sitka Gear