Woods Walker 09-Aug-21
NY Bowman 27-Aug-21
NY Bowman 27-Aug-21
t-roy 27-Aug-21
drycreek 27-Aug-21
NY Bowman 27-Aug-21
t-roy 27-Aug-21
29-Jul-21
Only two weeks to go and I'll be back in Florida to chase some big gators with stick and string. My daughter and I drew this year so we get a crack at four gators. This will be a family only hunt this year. My daughter, her husband, my son, his wife, and my wife will be with me. Really looking forward to a fun time. My wife and I also bought a building lot on the rim canal of Okeechobee and will meet with an architect when we are there. Hopefully, by next year we will be residents. :)

29-Jul-21
Sounds like my Oklahoma Sooners might be soon.

29-Jul-21
You always do great on the this trip. Send photos

29-Jul-21
Gators are on my do list. Our church has an annual wild game dinner and I would like to put gator on the menu.

30-Jul-21
Bou', this will be a really fun family trip. We don't have any real desire to shoot any really big gators so it should be pretty relaxing and fun. I'll be sure to post an update. Two Feathers, "Gator Bites" are always a big hit at those events. John, SEC...

30-Jul-21
I have enough points to draw S GA again, but i decided to wait til next year this time.

30-Jul-21
Sounds like I'll be back down the middle of October!

01-Aug-21
Watch your fingers, Terry! Those “gator bites” can hurt.....

01-Aug-21
Terry worries me......But the man knows alligators and how to get 'em. Nothing else on earth like boat-stalking big Florida gators at 2:00 am!

01-Aug-21
One time when Terry was pulling in a gator next to the boat and his hand was on the aluminum gunnel, the gator suddenly twisted and chomped down, an inch or two from Terry’s hand...... Terry refuses to use a bang-stick to dispatch a gator. Nope, he insists on pithing them with a big knife!

01-Aug-21

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
NY, congrats on the move to more southern climes, weather wise and otherwise. Good luck on the gator hunt ! I had this one in my pond for about a month last year. I thought he might come back this year but he didn’t. He looked to be about nine feet long.

07-Aug-21
Drycreek that looks to be a good leather and eating size.

Kevin and Jeff, I'm way ahead of the game...it's 52 to 1...:) I'll try to post a video of my lightening like reflexes if I can figure out how.

09-Aug-21
First time in I beleive 5 years I am not:( Drew AK bou and WY elk so did not apply to Florida. Missing it right now.

Good luck guys! A very cool VERY different type of hunt I really like.

09-Aug-21
CHOOT 'EM! CHOOT 'EM!

Just be prepared to be called a racist!

27-Aug-21

NY Bowman's embedded Photo
My family and I are back from Florida and we had a fantastic time. We started off catching bass and Oscars and then moved to bowfishing for armored catfish. When we finally started gator hunting my wife Tina was first up with a nice sized catch and release gator. We called him Nubbin as he was missing a front leg. We caught a few other gators and then son-in-law Stefen made a great shot on a nice gator to close out night 1. We certainly had a lot of other action with at least 7 other gators hit, but due to low poundage bow and the novice shooter we just couldn't get an arrow to stick. The shooter also got called "Skippy" for bouncing a few arrows off the head and scutes. The second night started quickly with a nice gator for my daughter Jennifer. My son Jeff was then up and he did amazing on BIG gators, but we just had terrible luck and couldn't get them in. I had a new line I was trying break (changed that all out right then), had another line untie and lost reel and arrow, we even cut the arrow line when we tried to harpoon a 10'+. Awful luck. He was determined and a gator made the mistake of giving him a shot and he made it count. Lastly was daughter-in-law Harmony who finally was able to get a nice big gator in the boat.

27-Aug-21

Here are the gators.

27-Aug-21
Looks like a great trip, Terry! What all do you guys do with the gators? I’m assuming you eat them and use the hide for different things? Is the entire carcass edible, or is it mostly just the tail portion?

27-Aug-21
Congrats on a fun trip with your family !

27-Aug-21
T-Roy we get as much meat as possible. Mostly it is the tail but the legs do provide some meat. Honestly, it is red and much more gamey than the tail or cheek meat, but still not bad. Yep, boots, belts, wallets, ear rings, key fobs, iPad case, moccasins, purses, etc. We have about everything made from gator leather.

27-Aug-21
Thanks, Terry.

• Sitka Gear