Bou'bound 22-Aug-21
RD 22-Aug-21
Buffalo1 24-Aug-21
Trial153 24-Aug-21
30-Jul-21

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo

Pat Lefemine's Link
A candid interview with the executive director of PY on the challenges facing the club and their renewed mission to Preserve, Protect, and Promote Bowhunting.

30-Jul-21
Great idea for an interview.

30-Jul-21
Nice job and good positioning by club

30-Jul-21
Pope and Young challenges parallel the challenges that most State Bow Hunting Associations face. Looking forward with new goals and adapting to current times is important. Nicely done. Paul

12-Aug-21
Im really not a fan of making it easier to become a member and gain voting rights. It matches what is going on in America with a "lets give everyone a trophy"! I understand the Elistist sterotype, I have witnessed it firsthand at conventions. That can be addressed at that level. Bowhunting was meant to be hard and not for the average person. Thats how I think of the club, its not just for an average bowhunter. Please don't water down all the requirements just to be more "inclusive".... Right now that word alone send bad shivers down my back.

12-Aug-21
Adapt or become irrelevant and fade away. Looks like the club is headed in the right direction.

21-Aug-21
it was a good interview!! Have been a member for many years, I dont think of it being an elitist organization but because I have been a believer in the goals of Pope and Young .Its hard to believe that there are probably millions of bowhunters in the world but barley 6000 love the sport enough to work with an organization to promote and preserve this sport

22-Aug-21
If they make it easier to join and vote you'll see a lot of new entries taken with electronic sights, then crossbows, then airbows, then (whatever hot new gimmick comes along next.)

22-Aug-21
"barley 6000 love the sport enough to work with an organization to promote and preserve this sport "

Bigbuck, I think it's safe to say that a lot of bow hunters work with _other_ organizations that do likewise. Some at the state or local level, many at clubs. There is no single organization that does it all.

22-Aug-21
4.7 milllion bowhunterd in usa. Call it 5 with Canada. With 6000 members 832 of every 833 of us don’t belong

Frankly most state orgs have similar membership to participant ratios

22-Aug-21
Mike Turner, you've got right ! Been a member since 1981, went thru the ranks of membership, associate( not politically correct any more), regular, senior and now am just a member. I don't think membership has ever been more than 7000 and giving into the PC mentality won't change anything.

24-Aug-21
Baskins and Robbins went in business selling ice creams because they knew everyone did not like just on flavor. Their strategy has led them to success.

I have been a member of P&Y since around 1992. I joined because I believed in their mission. I still believe in their mission. In my approximately 30 yrs of membership and inviting many bowhunters to join, I have had more to refuse joining rather than joining.

It is evident to me that not every bowhunter in NA has a desire to become a member of P&Y nor are the going to join. They each have their personal reasons. I do not think any less of these bowhunters. I accept that fact and will continue to support the organization and continue to invite bowhunters to become a member.

I learned a long time ago- you are never going to have 100% membership, nor 100% agreement in any organization, or group. Look no further than the family.

24-Aug-21
I am encouraged in the direction the club has been taking in the last several years and I believe that it's been a net positive to the organization and bow hunting. This year's convention, banquet and awards ceremonies, speeches ect did a fantastic job staying on message in such a way that I believe was relevant to a lot of attendees. I think it was long over due for us as an organization to reaffirm our commitment to the sport in such a way with a clear concise message which would resonate with the average bowhunter. I definitely commend the organizations leadership for willingness apply some introspection of what our message really needs to be. Great work by all the board members.

• Sitka Gear