t-roy 13-Sep-21
RIT 15-Sep-21
Shiloh 15-Sep-21
RIT 15-Sep-21
petedrummond 16-Sep-21
11-Sep-21

petedrummond's embedded Photo
Just put up four tactacams today 4 of them all got deer and turkey they can be found.

11-Sep-21

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I finally found some Verizon models the other night. Got 2, then went back first thing the next morning and got 2 more. Hope to get them up this weekend.

11-Sep-21

11-Sep-21
We like ours for sure.I waited for the second one also,wouldn't pay the "scaplers" on Ebay.

11-Sep-21
Pete, keep us updated on how well they work. I’d like to get some wireless cameras but I’ve got some friends haven’t had much luck with several brands. Don’t know anyone using this brand.

12-Sep-21
Tactacam are the best. Hands downs. Best $5 a month I spend for a camera plan.

12-Sep-21
Nice! - good luck Pete!

12-Sep-21
How many cameras can you put on one plan we do have one tactacam thanks Lewis

12-Sep-21
As many as you want to come pay for.

13-Sep-21
So you can use the same phone number for multiple cameras thanks Lewis

13-Sep-21
I had two last year and loved them. I am a little disappointed with one of the originals from last year. It takes pics but won't send them and the issue is that it needs to be "reflashed" which requires me sending it back in. This could take 6 weeks or longer. I wish they would just stand by their product that is less than one year old and send me a new one and they can fix it and sell it as a refurbished model.

13-Sep-21
Each camera has a box code inside the cover simply push the + button on the app and scan the box code on your phone and it is added. The only thing left is to pick a plan length and number of pictures. Unlimited is $120 a year. You can pick a lot less for a lot less money and control or reset anything on any camera from your cell phone.

13-Sep-21
Each camera has a box code inside the cover simply push the + button on the app and scan the box code on your phone and it is added. The only thing left is to pick a plan length and number of pictures. Unlimited is $120 a year. You can pick a lot less for a lot less money and control or reset anything on any camera from your cell phone.

13-Sep-21
Is that $120 a year per camera?

13-Sep-21
online they only have AT&T

13-Sep-21
No they also have verizon i have verizon cameras.

13-Sep-21
The Verizon ones are the difficult ones to find.

15-Sep-21
I found a Verizon camera about 3 months ago and ordered it. It sat in a cabinet until a few days ago. It took about 75 photos last night. 95% of the photos the deer are staring into the camera. I take great care to conceal them. I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come. I have a few Brownings that take amazing photo and videos but they absolutely turn deer inside out. I mounted it on a cage around a young crab apple. I used the existing T post that has been there for years. I then used a few fake leafy limbs to break it up some. I don’t expect these to replace my Reconyx cell cams but was hoping they would allow me a few more cams without dropping $600 per. With all the plans I have running sometimes I think it would be more convenient to just pony up the cash for the buckeye cam system.

15-Sep-21
What’s the deal with the Buckeye System?

15-Sep-21

RIT's Link
No deal to be had they are not cheap. They are the equivalent of a long range wireless system. Most of the set ups have solar charging, external batteries etc. No plans, no visits, just 24/7/365 monitoring. You may need one cellular version if you don’t have access to a high speed set up. I happen to have 1gb fiber to my house so that’s not an issue for my needs.

It’s not for everyone due to the price tag though. I already have Reconyx cells and with the cost of the cameras, plans, and batteries these cams actually start to make sense by year 2.

16-Sep-21

Check this out if you are considering a a Tactacam they have a hd option on your pics.

• Sitka Gear