Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Aspen Ghost 11-Sep-21
Jethro 11-Sep-21
Aspen Ghost 11-Sep-21
Jordan 11-Sep-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 12-Sep-21
11-Sep-21
I will be hunting elk in Colorado but very close to the Wyoming border. The nearest game processor is in Wyoming. I'm trying to figure out whether CWD regs will allow me to take it to Wyoming for processing.

The Colorado regs seem to allow transport. The Wyoming regs are a little fuzzy as the ones I've found refer to transport within the state or leaving the state but not into the state. But maybe I'm missing something? Can anyone refer me to the appropriate Wyoming reg for bringing an elk carcass into Wyoming from Colorado?

Per Colorado regs I will have to keep the antlers with the meat until the meat is at the processor.

11-Sep-21
Section 16. Importation of Deer, Elk or Moose Taken From Outside of Wyoming. (a) Deer, elk or moose taken from within any other state, province or country may only be imported into Wyoming if carcasses are transported directly to a private residence for processing, to a taxidermist, to a processor or to a CWD sample collection site provided the head and all portions of the spinal column are disposed of in an approved landfill or incinerator.

11-Sep-21
Sorry guys I should have dug a little more before posting. I found a Wyoming brochure that states: "Deer, elk, or moose taken from within any other state, province or country may only be imported into Wyoming if carcasses are transported directly to a private residence for processing, to a taxidermist, to a processor, or to a CWD sample collection site provided the head and all portions of the spinal column are disposed of in an approved landfill or incinerator." https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/PDF/Wildlife/2021-CWD-Carcass-Disposal-and-Transport-brochure.pdf

Edit: Thank you Jethro.

11-Sep-21
I think there is a echooooo echoooo echoooooo in hererererere

12-Sep-21
Sure is Jordan ha

• Sitka Gear