Jordan 16-Sep-21
KSflatlander 16-Sep-21
BULELK1 17-Sep-21
Jordan 21-Sep-21
Paul@thefort 21-Sep-21
13-Sep-21

jordanathome's embedded Photo
Went to a new spot a buddy told me about. ground churned up on steep hillside with benches. no elk were found or responded bit felt good to be trying and seeing new territory. may go back thurs evening.

13-Sep-21

A seep

13-Sep-21

13-Sep-21

14-Sep-21
Go get em Jordan!!

14-Sep-21
Good luck! Kill one!

14-Sep-21
Sometimes a change of scenery can be what it takes to return the excitement. Sounds like you might be onto a good spot. Give'em hell!!!

14-Sep-21
Pulling for you, hope you connect!

You're in the mountains chasing elk with a bow, something I can only daydream about back here in PA. Be safe and HAVE FUN!

14-Sep-21
Enjoy the chase my friend. Good to see you in the woods.

16-Sep-21
Jordan, I think I have followed bowsite for 15 or more years now. About the only thing that still keeps me coming back anymore are the stories, from the field, from guys in the field like you. I'm headed out Saturday for a couple weeks in Idaho, it will be a grind with more lows then I expect and a few highs. But, whether I get one or not, I will be thinking of, and planning next years hunt by the time I get home. If I lose the joy of hunting, I know I will already have one foot in the grave. Tim

16-Sep-21
Good luck!

16-Sep-21
Good luck Jordan, hope you stick one!

16-Sep-21

Jordan's embedded Photo
Jordan's embedded Photo
I hear you Tim......and my posts are made for dudes like you. I had always hoped some would enjoy my stupid pics and talking about chitting in the woods....all my distractions.....and close calls. So hearing this from you is heartening. I just don't have any pressure I am putting on myself this year. Deep down I hope I connect, that has always been true.....what is different is I feel like I am going through the motions. I don't feel like I have to be hunting or stop breathing. That is a sea change for me. I think it is okay but it is an adjustment.

Lord knows I love the mountains, the adventure, the challenge.....I just don't love it as much for some reason this year.

I bailed on a hunt this evening. Maybe Saturday or Sunday I will go try in the morning or evening. In the past I would make any sacrifice to make it happen......this year....meh.....maybe.

LOL

Did I mention that I love this bar?

I reallllllllly wish I'd run into this dude in person during shooting hours.........what a beauty.

16-Sep-21
Keep after’em. No pressure…just enjoy the hunt.

My uncle always use to say, “You can’t kill’m from bed.” Get up and just go.

17-Sep-21
Give 'em the best effort BigJ-------->

Good luck, Robb

21-Sep-21
Mojo ain't enough by itself. I have not seen an elk during shooting hours since Opening Day afternoon.......... Didn't hear anything tonight, did see some fresh elk poo. Prolly need to try it in the morning rather than these evening hunts after work.

Not done but the clock is ticking. At least it cooled off nicely.

A buddy went into my original spot this evening, waiting to hear his report to see if it is worth a weekend last try push or need to keep trying other spots.

21-Sep-21
Plan A done. Time for Plan B and C. If that does not produce, Plan D for sure. All it takes is another step foreword. Keep moving! Find some cow elk around some water. The bulls will be around my best, Paul

• Sitka Gear