JohnMC 17-Sep-21
Grey Ghost 17-Sep-21
JayD 18-Sep-21
Yellowjacket 18-Sep-21
LINK 18-Sep-21
LUNG$HOT 18-Sep-21
JayD 19-Sep-21
17-Sep-21
Visiting Colorado Springs for just a vacation with wife - she wanted to come here to see a few family members.

Any places near where any of you would suggest to drive to nearby to see elk or other wildlife? Thank you!

17-Sep-21

Ok...Russ's embedded Photo
These wildlife visit my friends frequently and they live off Rockrimmon Drive. Want me to tell them a stranger will be parked in their driveway with a camera? Not sure of the closest place to see elk other than driving up to Rocky Mtn Natl Park. Also depends on what time of year you are talking about.

17-Sep-21
We are actually here right now. Thanks for the pics!!!

17-Sep-21
We are actually here right now. Thanks for the pics!!!

17-Sep-21

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
I don't know if you are willing to drive twoish hours. But you all would really enjoy Estes/Rocky Mt Nat. Park right now. The elk are bugling and rutting like crazy. You will also see some nice Mule deer and maybe sheep and moose. If you go best time is early or last in the day. Also there is a reservation system to get in at certain times so be aware of that.

Just north east of Denver in Rocky Mountain Arsenal lots Big deer there including Mulies and Whitetails and also buffalo.

Both a very cool and great places to see a lot of critters. If you decided to go and have any questions let me know.

17-Sep-21
You could also drive to any popular National Forest or Wilderness trail head in OTC units to see plenty of Sitka, Kuiu, and orange clad wildlife. ;-)

Matt

18-Sep-21
What about Mueller State Park? Not for sure if we will have the time to drive to Estes even though I would love to!

18-Sep-21
Take Hwy 105 north out of Palmer Lake to the Sandstone Ranch Douglas county open space. Hike the longer loop trail at daylight or dusk. Take binoculars if you have them.

18-Sep-21
I saw a couple mile deer at the mueller entrance the one time I was there. Also saw a cow moose on the creek bottom a couple miles north of the mueller entrance and a nice buck at the curve in the highway south of mueller. That was in July though.

18-Sep-21
Always see lots of “pet elk” in the town of Evergreen. Not too far from the springs. Early morning and or evenings just drive around the “Hiwan” neighborhood and you’ll see some elk for sure.

19-Sep-21

JayD's embedded Photo
JayD's embedded Photo
Thank you all! Went to Royal Gorge today and saw some really nice Mule Deer Bucks and some Sheep as well.

• Sitka Gear