>>>---WW----> 20-Sep-21
Pat Lefemine 20-Sep-21
carcus 21-Sep-21
Steve H. 21-Sep-21
boothill 21-Sep-21
Mad Trapper 22-Sep-21
JG 22-Sep-21
18-Sep-21
Anyone have any good thoughts concerning an electric utv or atv I’m thinking that would be the way to go on my property for the most part.Thanks all Lewis

18-Sep-21
lewis, there are a couple guys on Texas Bowhunter that swear by the E Ranger. I have a pretty nice golf cart that was made for hunting , not converted, but I’m still not quite ready to give up my CanAm Defender. My cart needs batteries, been five or six years, and I’ll have to replace them pretty soon. That’s the only downside to electric, the dang batteries as well as all the electrical system has to be well maintained or you have nothing. A loose cable can result in burning a battery post off in two seconds and you are stranded. I love them when they work though, which is 99% of the time.

18-Sep-21
I looked hard at them but there were so many horrible reviews and issues that I never could get myself to buy one. Now that I have my e-bike I have no interest in them. I use my Honda ranger in the off season or to retrieve a deer and my EBike during the season.

18-Sep-21
Whatever happened to bad boy buggies? Can’t remember the last time I heard anything about them.

18-Sep-21
I have a Polaris electric. I use it a lot on a large property. Not the thing for all day working or long distance heavy loads, pulling, etc. I have really enjoyed turkey and deer hunting on mine. The key is to change the charging algorithm on the older ones so that they don’t charge so hot. That will cure most of the issues that Pat probably read about. Olebuck may be along to add to the convo. He has an older one with a ton of use. Mine is a 2014 that I bought in 17 or 18. They will surprise you in low range 4wd. Another thing I’ve noticed. Run in low or mid range and about half pedal and the thing will run forever just riding to stands and things. High gear and full throttle will drain the battery. We’ve had BBB’s and regular modified carts and the Polaris EV is hands down the best. I would like to have an ebike for certain situations, but they would be less than desirable on my place.

18-Sep-21
I bought a used 2010 Polaris on a GSA auction a couple years ago. We use it nearly daily on our Wyoming "ranch". I've hauled hundreds of pounds of logs without issue and like Shiloh said, low range would surprise you. I think I we've probably ranged close to 10 miles out and always got back without indication of running out of juice. We updated our algorithm as was mentioned. Really like it for cruising through a local prairie dog town with the .22.

19-Sep-21
Thanks all great info as always Lewis

20-Sep-21
Have the Ranger and it’s had its share of problems. On our NM ranch, it gets really, really cold and drains the batteries really fast. We got aftermarket lithium batteries and it’s a lot better. This was not a cheap fix.

20-Sep-21
If you get one always leave it plugged in while not using it, at least overnight.

20-Sep-21
Thanks all great info as always Lewis

20-Sep-21
I have a 2007 Bad Boy Buggy that I use everyday. The secret is to find a mechanic that knows what he is doing. They are very different than the average golf cart and require yearly attention.

20-Sep-21
I have a friend that owned one. Went for a ride with him and I was impressed at where that thing would go. One big problem with it was that it would never take a full charge. And he finally blew the transmission. But that didn't surprise me as he was always rough on all of his equipment.

20-Sep-21
WW, I’m rough on my Honda ranchers, I beat the hell out of them. They never quit.

21-Sep-21
"I have a friend that owned one. Went for a ride with him and I was impressed at where that thing would go. One big problem with it was that it would never take a full charge. And he finally blew the transmission. But that didn't surprise me as he was always rough on all of his equipment."

I didn't think electric vehicles had transmissions?

21-Sep-21
Mine has four rocker switches. Forward and Reverse; Low, Medium, or High range; 1 wheel, 2 wheel, or 4 wheel drive; headlights on or off.

21-Sep-21
They have electric motors to run each axle, no transmission at all on them. Rode on a Polaris electric ranger years ago and the hills it would climb and being quiet was really cool. BUT I know they had electrical issues with it and it didn't last very long.

22-Sep-21
I have a polaris ev and love it for getting to and from stands and general travel around my property. Let’s be clear though I don’t use it for food plotting or related activities. I have a polaris 900 side by side for those activities.

22-Sep-21
Hunt ve.

My second one i hope will arrive this week. Ordered in Jan. I heard that they are sold out well into next year

• Sitka Gear