MA-PAdeerslayer 23-Sep-21
GF 23-Sep-21
No Mercy 24-Sep-21
Supernaut 24-Sep-21
txhunter58 10-Oct-21
18-Sep-21

standswittaknife's embedded Photo
standswittaknife's embedded Photo
One of my best friends drew a sheep tag here in Colorado as a non-resident for archery season. As he was scouting he was trying to set up right before dark to glass a certain open face before nightfall. He walked through the area set up his tripod real quick and as soon as he started glassing he heard some sort of a rodent in distress crazy noise about 20 yards to his right. He watches through his binoculars as a squirrel that is bleeding out of its side runs down under a tree while screaming and fall over dead. As he’s watching this and attempting to scout at the same time he watches a 6 foot rattle snake move through the brush and rocks and filmed him completely consuming the entire squirrel. This picture doesn’t quite do it justice but the footage is absolutely insane.. what he was worried about really is the season hasn’t started and he was running around and this is one of several snakes he ended up seeing during the season.. Also he filled his tag last week but not going to post any pictures since they are his and I don’t really have any permission to post those yet. this guy is one of the best hunters That I know.. he's simply an animal.. 378 inch bull elk by himself last year and now a DIY bighorn... Crazy..

19-Sep-21

Joey Ward's embedded Photo
I killed timber rattler last summer that appeared to have something large in its stomach. When I cut it open, I found a mature boat grey squirrel inside. Must’ve killed and swallowed it the day before. Bet it was a lengthy process. Pretty neat, though.

19-Sep-21

19-Sep-21
Dang..I wear my snake boots if its warmer than 50 degrees

19-Sep-21
Nature doing what nature does

19-Sep-21

Surfbow's embedded Photo
Surfbow's embedded Photo
I made a friend on my deer hunt the other day...

19-Sep-21
What altitude was the snake at? Highest I've seen one is 10,500. Albeit it wasn't a rattler

19-Sep-21
I've seen one rattle snake above 10k', but a bunch above 8k' (none that big thank god). I'm sure there are some above 10k', but it seems less likely in my experience. My guess would be due to the longer hibernation season required, coupled with availability of food; but I'm definitely not an expert on the subject.

20-Sep-21
Cool story but wow that must be a record size squirrel, if that's a 6 foot snake that squirrel is huge.

20-Sep-21
Next time I am hunting out west it will be in snake gaiters at ANY altitude! ;-)

20-Sep-21

Rut Nut's Link
This says up to 9500 feet in Colorado, but not sure I would trust that with my life!

It called this guy’s bite/death a “statistical anomaly”........................I wonder if that made him or his family feel any better?!

20-Sep-21
I had two ball pythons and one was a fat female. I bought a large rat from the pet shop and I pull it out of the box to feed her and I’m like damn they must have given me a jumbo rat cuz it was huge. I honestly didn’t think she would be able to swallow it but yup she sure did they are unreal.

21-Sep-21
Damn near stepped on a Prairie Rattler in the dark Saturday evening on the way out from the stand. Luckily he rattled before my next step or I would've likely been in a very bad spot.

21-Sep-21

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Cheap insurance! ;-)

Glad it gave you a warning! Some of us weren’t so lucky! ;-)

23-Sep-21
Was about at 7500 ft

23-Sep-21
Rut nut did you get tagged??

23-Sep-21
Rut has quite a tale to tell….

If I were more educated on the Search feature here, I’d pull it up for you….

24-Sep-21

No Mercy's Link
Rut has a very scary tale indeed

24-Sep-21
Rut's snake bite tale is a MUST read for anyone venturing outdoors in any locale that contains venomous snakes.

10-Oct-21
Good thread

• Sitka Gear