lewis 11-Oct-21
DanaC 12-Oct-21
cath8r 17-Oct-21
craigmcalvey 17-Oct-21
timex 17-Oct-21
lewis 21-Oct-21
LINK 21-Oct-21
03-Oct-21
My shoulder is giving me fits and I can’t bring my synergy down low enough to be comfortable I’m thinking about getting one these adjustable bows like Diamond and I saw elite makes one named ember. I saw the bear model but the grip is too small.Y’all have any experience with this type bow.This getting old is not for sissies.Thanks Lewis

03-Oct-21
Lewis- are you taking about letoff, draw length, or cam adjustment?

03-Oct-21
Lewis

See if you can locate a Quest dealer and shoot their CENTEC. We shot them at the last ATA and were very impressed.

Built to the same specs as their Prime bows. That said the Prime Black is extremely smooth. FWIW Millie (Lady Bowhunter) and I have both had multiple shoulder surgeries (her most recent one was in 2018), and shoot Prime's Black One.

Bottom line is take a look at CENTEC and Black.

03-Oct-21
Either 3 piece recurve or longbow takedown. Practically unlimited limb wt. options. Oh sorry, wrong forum.

03-Oct-21
Just had a friend who had given up on shooting a bow because of bad shoulders tell he got a Mathews z3 and it worked. Very credible and experienced bowhunter.

03-Oct-21
Just had a friend who had given up on shooting a bow because of bad shoulders tell he got a Mathews z3 and it worked. Very credible and experienced bowhunter.

04-Oct-21
Tinecounter I doubt a longbow would be good on his shoulder like he asked. Thanks for the traditional snobbery though. Lewis I haven’t shot any but, if you are looking at the ember, elites “adult” bows are 40-70#. The only reason I would see to get the ember is if you need to go below 40# or 23” dl. The adult bows also have the S.E.T. tech on them. I’d recommend going to a dealer that has a few different brands and shooting them. The cam can make a lot of difference as well as poundage.

04-Oct-21
Thanks all I can pull a little over 40 now and I’m sure I’ll get better than that hard to believe I used to shoot 76lb oh well.The lowest my synergy will go safely is around 48.Take care and stay safe Lewis

04-Oct-21
Any PSE with the Evolve cam system.

04-Oct-21

Bowboy's Link
Lewis you may want to look at Concept Bows.

04-Oct-21
Link, taking the "road less traveled" is hardly snobbery. Takedown suggestion was sincere. One riser with multiple limb options from 25 to 100 lbs. answers the question. "Wrong forum" comment was nothing more than self depreciating humor. Full disclosure; yes, I'm a traditional convert taking the bowhunting, "birdwatching" road less traveled; less distance, less shots and less game. No disrespect for compound shooters, but for me and some others, the traditional "road less traveled" is more challenging, more fun and outweighs the less. Traditional and compound common denominator is "fun." If your hunting "fun" is measured by game taken, yes, shoot a compound! If hunting "fun" is measured by getting close, shoot a longbow or recurve. Yes, far fewer "winning" trophys and many more "participation" trophys shooting longbow and recurve. Bottom line, do what's most fun for you!

04-Oct-21
He doesn't need 99% letoff... he needs easy pulling. I'm in the same boat almost.

My advice is to buy a different set of limbs for your Synergy. Shoot the bow you're used to, just at a lower draw. Cheaper than a new bow too.

04-Oct-21
I have a Bear Moment that i bought when I was ha ing shoulder issues. Its an awesome bow and fully adjustible without a press. Highly recommended

04-Oct-21
X-man I will definitely check that out thanks Lewis

04-Oct-21
I've got two Synergys, one 50# and it is pretty nice to shoot. I have a 29.5" draw length so that helps me. But I think you could get lighter limbs for your Synergy still if that is an option for you.

04-Oct-21
Interestingly enough, shoulder surgery here a few years ago, tried/bought a few different low poundage adjustable compound bows and the pain was still there. Went to longbow and recurve, no more shoulder pain and have been shooting 55lbs trad bows with no issues and no pain. Always enjoy how folks that don't have experience tell others what they should and shouldn't do and what will and will not work.

05-Oct-21
Thanks all I took xmans suggestion and got in touch with elite and they are sending out a lighter set of limbs today we shall see take care Lewis

10-Oct-21
Good thread

10-Oct-21
Maybe try to find yourself a used mathews here. Super smooth and well balanced.

11-Oct-21
Great to use lower lbs limbs on your current setup, but if a person were to start out from scratch on their rehab, the Bowtech Infinite Edge or what ever they call it now, would be an incredible choice for someone getting back up to speed. 5 - 70 lbs and 13 to 31" draw length adjustment in a 3.2 lbs bow is just what the doctor ordered :)

If you ever wanted to make it easy on your self to get back into the game this would be the one without a doubt.

Cheers, Pete

11-Oct-21
A lot of great info and advice as I posted I went with xmans advice and I am very glad I did. I shooting my synergy a little over 40 lbs with a heavy arrow so I’m still in the game. I want to give a shout-out to Elite customer service I spoke to a gal named Katie and she was extremely helpful told me the model number for the limbs. I contacted Elite told them what I needed they had it but not in the exact camp I had but I have never had a deer or elk notice my camo pattern.They shipped it out to my pro shop had it in two days Greg at his shop had it shooting Friday. Thanks again for all the help guys oh and it cost me less than a hundred bucks.Good luck and stay safe Lewis

12-Oct-21

DanaC's Link
The Infinite Edge Pete recommends sounds almost too good to be true, but it does exist, and the price - $400, is a deal too.

(I'm halfway thinking of adding a wheelbow to my kit. Yeah, I love my recurves but I'm not a trad-bow-only shooter. Love my guns too ;-) )

17-Oct-21
Find a used mathews htr. Shouldn't be too hard...

17-Oct-21
Diamond infinite edge. Bought one for my son and it’s as advertised. The string is junk but that’s an easy fix.

17-Oct-21
I know you've already made your decision but if ya get a chance thy drawing an Oneida Phoenix. Yes their different & not for everyone but the draw on them is different than wheel bows. I was down to below 40lbs comfortably with trad bows but can pull a 50+ lb lever bow easily.

21-Oct-21
Thanks again for all the posts it’s been very helpful as always good luck Lewis

21-Oct-21
Sounds like a 40# compound did the trick and with more energy than a 40-45 pound recurve. Glad you were able to get going again.

• Sitka Gear