drycreek 11-Oct-21
goyt 12-Oct-21
Milhouse 12-Oct-21
goyt 14-Oct-21
Milhouse 14-Oct-21
BowSniper 15-Oct-21
Grey Ghost 15-Oct-21
09-Oct-21
I have a Hawk Warrior blind and shoot a fixed blade head with blazers. Does anyone have any experience shooting through the window mesh on the Hawk blinds? The mesh seems to be fairly substantial.

09-Oct-21
Is the mesh replaceable, goyt? If so, the original mesh might just have to take one, or several, for the team.

09-Oct-21
t-roy, yes the mesh is replaceable . The panels are held on with magnets so it is easy to shoot through 1 or more of 6 and then move that panel to a window that is covered completely. Unfortunately I did not have the foresight to try it before I set it up in a hunting location. If no one has any experience I could run a target in there mid day and give it a try. The specs call it shoot through.

10-Oct-21
Good thread

10-Oct-21
ttt

10-Oct-21
I cannot answer for that blind, as I’ve never used one. However I’ve had good success shooting through mesh in double bull blinds. I’ve arrowed 10 or so whitetails through mesh. All shots were 15-20 yards. I only use fixed heads and I shoot feather fletch.

11-Oct-21
Dale, Thanks for the response, I have not shot that many but I have shot some animals through the mesh on other blinds. I do have some feathered arrows which I should use if I shot through the mesh.

11-Oct-21
I have shot through the mesh on several blinds, Double Bull included. I have killed dozens of deer shooting through the mesh. I only use Jak Hammer expandable heads and have never had a problem. Most of my shots were between 10-30 yards. The first time I shot through a mesh I couldn't find the hole in the mesh, it had closed up. that was a double bull. I now use a crossbow and have the same results except the modern mesh shows the hole more that the older blinds.

11-Oct-21
I’ve shot turkey, deer, and antelope shooting through Double Bull and Cabelas blinds. Never a problem.

12-Oct-21
Thanks for the responses guys. I am going to take a double bull mesh and compare it to the mesh on the Hawk blind. If there is much difference I will shot into a target. GSM customer service, that owns Hawk, said not to shoot through the mesh with a bow . However I did not get the impression that the gal knew the right answer. They handle warranty issues for cameras, tree stands , blinds, feeders and much more. It seems impossible for them to know everything about all of the products.

If anyone has experience shooting through the mesh on a Hawk blind I would appreciate hearing about it.

12-Oct-21

Milhouse's embedded Photo
Milhouse's embedded Photo
I haven't shot through the mesh..... it seems like it would definitely have an affect on arrow flight though. I put mine on an elevated platform.... so I intend to just shoot through the open window. If i were to have it on the ground, I would try and get some of the much lighter shoot through mesh.

14-Oct-21
Milhouse, I agree with you. I made it out to the blind yesterday and took a closer look at the mesh. I did not think that it was worth even trying to shoot through the mesh. The mesh is so substantial that it has to dull the head even if the flight was good which it would probably not be. I have some mesh that I can tape over an opening and shoot through. I may try to make up a panel with shoot through mesh to work with the existing magnet windows. It is a great blind and it would be nice if they made some shoot through mesh to attach to the existing magnetic windows.

14-Oct-21
Love the sturdiness of these Hawk blinds, and the way they set up. I agree, they should at least have an optional, true shoot through mesh replacement window cover. If i was on the ground with mine, I know I would definitely be able to make a shoot through mesh cover, like the kind in popup blinds.

15-Oct-21

BowSniper's Link
Bowhunting magazine did a very scientific study using an X-Ring shooting machine and various heads shot through blind mesh... surprisingly, the mesh had no real effect. (* typical replaceable window mesh - not specifically for Hawk Warrior blind)

15-Oct-21
It appears the Bowhunting Mag test was done thru mesh that was perfectly perpendicular to the arrow. I would like to see the same tests with the mesh at various angles to the arrow.

Personally, I've never liked using the mesh. It made visibility difficult in low light for me, and it didn't seem to make a difference in the animal's reaction to the blind.

Matt

• Sitka Gear