Treeline 14-Oct-21
Treeline 14-Oct-21
Rock 14-Oct-21
JL 14-Oct-21
APauls 14-Oct-21
APauls 14-Oct-21
Stubbleduck 14-Oct-21
12-Oct-21
I'm looking for a treestand that will work in crooked trees. Living in WY it's hard to find a straight tree. I would like to get a Twisted Timber Stand but it looks like they went out of business. Would a XOP be a good choice? You guys have any good recommendations.

12-Oct-21
What about a tree saddle?

12-Oct-21
Treeline that might work but uncomfortable for an all day sit. Also the WY wind might beat you into oblivion:)

12-Oct-21
Now that would be video worthy…

12-Oct-21
I don’t think the XOP would meet your expectations, Craig. They work decent on mildly crooked trees, but not that great on what I’m envisioning you’re talking about. There used to be some 2 piece stands on the market that worked great for me. (a platform with a separate mountable seat) Not sure if they’re still available either, though.

EDIT: Looks like Ameristep has at least a couple of models similar to what I’m talking about. “Edge ll & The Rock (IF they’re not out of stock)

12-Oct-21
A lone wolf with the batwing attached will go in any tree you would ever want to climb. It just takes some practice and understanding how to cam lock it in place.

12-Oct-21
Craig, I feel your pain. Those guys were in to something but a source close to me told me they had some insurance issues that crimped them. I will say on the XOP you can get the offset bracket that does help. It has the three slots right, center and left. Not perfect but better anyway.

12-Oct-21
I live in KS where very few trees are not crooked and bent as our president. I mostly hunt from the ground now but when I do use a stand I've had good luck with ladders.

13-Oct-21
See if GAMETAMER stands are available.

We used their lock-on stands for years when we lived in TX mounting them on the sides of mesquite and live oak trees. They adjust easily to fit most angles while keeping the seat level and secure.

The only downside is that they're heavy and seem to be meant to be chained in place for a while and not toted in and out daily.

13-Oct-21
Lone wolf Alpha with the batwing. I'll carry two six inch pieces of 2x4 for a spacer if needed, and two ratchet straps. Never met a tree that combo would not hang in. I know if you do it right the stand will cam into place without the ratchet straps but I like the extra stability.

13-Oct-21
You'd be surprised how comfortable a saddle and platform is for an all day sit.

13-Oct-21
Twisted timber stands

13-Oct-21
I second mid west. I just started saddle hunting and I was very surprised

13-Oct-21
Lone Wolf

13-Oct-21
Get a recliner option for a saddle and you'll be good all day. Also, a decent sized platform is more comfortable than other options like a ring of steps.

13-Oct-21
Twisted timber is out of business

13-Oct-21

Buffalo1's Link
Check our Woodsey Tree Stands. Built in Tx. Solid built stands

13-Oct-21
What brand tree saddles are you all using? I haven’t tried it but am interested.

13-Oct-21
Lone Wolf assault 2 will go on any tree I’ve had the pleasure of climbing into so far

13-Oct-21
Lone Wolf assault 2 will go on any tree I’ve had the pleasure of climbing into so far

13-Oct-21
Thanks for the input guys. I might try a tree saddle. Can you use a heater body suit with one?

13-Oct-21
Fall asleep in my saddle all the time. And never have to worry about falling. Plus nobody stealing nor hunting from your stand. (Lost 6 stands one year, 3 were chained in) Pick a tree, any tree..... even a good many mesquite trees (kiawe tree in HI)

Once I get a few things ironed out, kinda changing up my saddle game. Gonna have to post a few saddle threads..... coming soon to an interweb near you....

13-Oct-21
The Woodsey that Buffalo1 is referencing looks to be built on the original Gametamer design. Definitely give them a very serious look. Just remember to grease the post the swivel chair mounts on.

13-Oct-21
I just upgraded from a trophyline to a tetherd phantom. More adjustability for a better fit.

13-Oct-21
I have a bunch of twisted timber hang ons I would sell

14-Oct-21
Screaming eagle with the turnbuckles on cables

You can also just put turnbuckles on any existing stands ya have.. They allow the platform to be leveled

14-Oct-21
Get a saddle. Works great in crooked and skinny trees in my experience so far.

14-Oct-21
I am looking at some tripod stands and set them up right next to a tree for the same reason. I have had pretty good luck with ladder stands but there are still a few spots that I want to put a stand but there just isn't a tree that will work.

14-Oct-21
I just picked up a Cruzr saddle. Might sell off my lone wolf stands with this…

14-Oct-21
I just picked up a Cruzr saddle. Might sell off my lone wolf stands with this…

14-Oct-21

Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Here is what I use, it is a underleg design that can be leveled on any tree no matter how much it leans. Will look for a picture of it on a tree but basically you push the stand up till it is just above level then engage the leg into the tree and pull down. It is very secure and stable when installed.

14-Oct-21
Chippewa Weg-Locs and X-Stand Jesters are adjustable and might work for crooked trees. I have 4 of the aluminum Jesters and like them. I can adjust their angle via the receiver.

14-Oct-21
Lone wolf should work. If it’s too crooked for a LW it’s just not a possible tree. However, I basically only saddle hunt now amd as mentioned, anything works. I have a Hawk saddle which I much prefer to the Tethrd saddle I had previous for comfortsbility

14-Oct-21
Lone wolf should work. If it’s too crooked for a LW it’s just not a possible tree. However, I basically only saddle hunt now amd as mentioned, anything works. I have a Hawk saddle which I much prefer to the Tethrd saddle I had previous for comfortsbility

14-Oct-21
We have three of the Woodsy II stands on our land in Kansas. They aren't cheap but I don't think any other stand, than I am aware of, would be a secure fit in the trees we have them in. One of them has been out in it's tree year round for 10 years and is still in very good shape. The other two have been out for about 5 years with no problems. The one issue that takes a bit of creativity is hooking up a safety harness line but we have been able to figure out a way, different for each stand, to make it work.

• Sitka Gear