t-roy 14-Oct-21
Z Barebow 14-Oct-21
Jordan 14-Oct-21
Hoot 14-Oct-21
HUNT MAN 14-Oct-21
Jordan 14-Oct-21
hunt'n addict 14-Oct-21
13-Oct-21
Did I miss it? Did Jordan make it out of the elk woods? Did he kill something?

13-Oct-21

Jordan's Link

14-Oct-21
LOL!

14-Oct-21
Judgin' from the link I'm guessin' the elk are ahead on points

14-Oct-21
Lol!

14-Oct-21
hilarious!

14-Oct-21
My chance came just after 4pm on opening afternoon. And as usual, I stood there with my bow in hand but not drawn with my jaw down on the ground looking at the 6 pt 35 yards away with his head behind a tree.....instead of drawing and looking for the shot. C'est la vie. I am who I am...... Luckily my super persistent buddy Andy scored his bull on the last day in thick fog after hunting nearly every day of archery season. I think I enjoy finding and taking pics of elk more than actually killing them........LOL

14-Oct-21

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
Sorry Jordan….I had to…

14-Oct-21
^^^That one’s a hoot, Hoot!

14-Oct-21
I can't make any smart@ss remarks. The way my past several elk seasons have gone, I might as well take up needlepoint.

14-Oct-21

Jordan's embedded Photo
Jordan's embedded Photo
LOLOLOL! Great one Hoot!

I am at peace with it. The hard part this season was losing my drive, my passion for hunting. I never felt like any season was a success or failure based upon killing an elk or anything else......but this year I truly didn't give a damn about killing an elk. I lost that voice in the back of my head saying you have got to get out there and go, go, go, go. I still hunted at least 7 days. But it was a chore not a joy.

In any case, I still love this bar, all its characters, and appreciate the support and even the haters to some extent. It is a great community and I have not lost my joy in participating with ya'll!

Cheers (as I sip my tag soup)

14-Oct-21
Jordan you’ve always been a good sport which is why I posted that, if you were a different guy I wouldn’t have…

I’m definitely not in the great Bowhunter category, but I can say that I’ve filled at least 1 archery tag a year for the last 5 and it wasn’t until I said to myself, (and believed it) “I’m not coming off the mountain without my bull/buck/etc. come hell or high water I am filling my tag” that I began to see some success. You’ll get it done when you decide that you’re going to get it done!

14-Oct-21
This ^^^^^. Best post on Bowsite in a long time!!

14-Oct-21
Tom drops the mike and walks off the stage..........

14-Oct-21
When are we getting a "like" button on Bowsite?

I agree. Great thread!!

• Sitka Gear