JL 23-Oct-21
rattling_junkie 23-Oct-21
Teeton 23-Oct-21
Kevin Dill 23-Oct-21
DanaC 24-Oct-21
lawdy 24-Oct-21
Bernie 24-Oct-21
22-Oct-21
I'm in need of new warm stand hunting boots. I've had and been ok with Lacrosse pack boots but have heard great things about these Baffin boots. I can't keep my feet warm for nothing. Was wondering which of these Baffin Boots are the warmest for sitting in cold temperatures.

22-Oct-21
I have a pair of winter Baffin boots. Definitely not my first choice for warmth

22-Oct-21
I have prehensile toes. The tie next to my big toe is a little longer than my pinky finger. It’s difficult for me to keep my feet warm, especially when I’m hiking quite a bit then stationary like when hunting.

I have found that using anti-perspirant on my feet, wearing sock liners and good wool socks while being careful to not lace my insulated boots tightly is my best solution.

I do not care for pac boots or Baffin boots when hunting.

If I am stand hunting in cold weather, I will pack in and use boot blankets.

YMMV

22-Oct-21
Good socks and plenty of airspace can make a huge difference, regardless of the pac boot. Opt for a larger size boot.....length and width.

22-Oct-21
Putting a piece of carpet on your stand platform makes a bigger difference than you think. Used a pair of Baffin's on a late December cow elk hunt last year in NW NM. Worked well.

22-Oct-21
I have a pair of boffins with the felt liner & yes their very warm but walking any distance in em is tough but I'm an old man. Not sure the model have draw string on top & 1/2" felt liner

22-Oct-21
Make a pair of boot blankets for the stand and carry them in. I put a liner in the boot blanket and then add a hot pack to each one. My wife and I each have a pair and can sit all day with warm feet. My feet freeze fast but this works for me. I wear knee boots in and change at my tree.

23-Oct-21
Your regular hunt boots+ artic shield boot covers+ hot hands body warmer inside = hot feet all dat long. You won't be disappointed.

23-Oct-21

JL's Link
I've had the Control Max boots for maybe 5 - 6 years. I use them for tree stand hunting for long sits in temps below 30 or so. I can make it maybe 7 - 8 hours with toe warmers if it's in the teens/twenties. I've been ice fishing a few times with them and they seem to do ok. I have big feet (14) and if I have a knock on them.....they can get heavy if walking in deep snow for any distance.

23-Oct-21
I wear Baffin Titans, and regularly walk 3/4 - 1 mile to the stand

23-Oct-21
Another vote for anti perspirant.

23-Oct-21
Oversize Mickey Mouse boots with warm socks and maybe a foot warmer on really cold mornings.

24-Oct-21

DanaC's Link
3 models are 'Polar' rated

24-Oct-21
I only groundhunt, but mukluks with 100% thick liners work for me. If I am in a rush after work, boot blankets over whatever I am wearing. I use those military surplus mukluks. Cheap, and have a rubber sole with a tread, N95’s if I remember right.

24-Oct-21
KC9 sent you a PM

• Sitka Gear