LBshooter 26-Oct-21
LBshooter 26-Oct-21
RIT 26-Oct-21
LBshooter 26-Oct-21
Twinetickler 26-Oct-21
t-roy 26-Oct-21
LBshooter 26-Oct-21
22-Oct-21
Guys just want to throw out some props for scent thief Spray. This stuff is. Amazing and works just like they advertised. I could barely hold in my laughter today when a mature doe came in down wind of me and literally walked right into my stand trying to smell me and was following the thief. 5 yards head on looking right at me down wind and didn't bolt. She instead turned back went 15 yards down wind inside the treeline and looked at me for 5 mins trying to smell me. Thanks to ASAT she couldn't pick me out, and after standing there she turned back to the corn field and walked right by me at 13 yards. I shot, hit her high unfortunately, and will be looking again tomorrow for her. This scent thief is worth every penny and no need to spend all that money on scent shield , dead down wind etc... This stuff is amazing, try it and see for yourself. Disclaimer, I do not work for scent thief, just a very impressed and amazed customer.

23-Oct-21
Lol

23-Oct-21
I didn’t have those results. I had deer blow at me and leave the country every time they got down wind of me. After the third time I discontinued it’s use….. Yes I was clean as could be I am very particular about my scent control

23-Oct-21
Agree with Nick

23-Oct-21

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
You realize what you just described happens to me every week during deer season and I often hunt on the ground. I don't use anything for scent control because it's been proven time and time again it doesn't work. Your doe obviously didn't associate your smell with danger, or the atmosphere was keeping g your scent higher than her. This guy came to 8 yards of me last night while I was standing on the ground.

23-Oct-21
Sounds like a fan boy. :)

23-Oct-21
I'm sure some will call bs on this but it's true. Been about 35 years ago now I was gun hunting sitting on a stump watching an old logging road this doe & 2 fawns come down the road she gets about 4' from me stretches her neck out & I watch the cigarette smoke go in her nose. She turned around & walked off. Also no fancy camo mostly wore woods colored flannel shirts back then & now

23-Oct-21
Is it good as Nose Jammer?

23-Oct-21
It was the ASAT, she was trying to "see" you not "smell" you.

23-Oct-21
timex, was it a Camel non filter?

23-Oct-21
Some hunters are so gullible:)

23-Oct-21
Whocares beat me too it! ;-)

23-Oct-21
What’s that old saying about, a fool and his money? Can’t remember. Carry on.

23-Oct-21
HECS because he touched a turkey!

23-Oct-21
They may be curious the first time. After being shot at once, it’s a pretty safe bet their curiosity will have been satisfied.

23-Oct-21
Don't need scent thief. The news said that them deer all got the Covid. So they already lost their sense of smell and taste.

23-Oct-21
Scrape juice yielded me similar results

23-Oct-21
Guys, I may agree with you to some extent however, I am hunting heavily pressured public land just outside of Chicago. The deer freak out when a car stops on the road 100 yards away. I have used jammer and like it but this stuff worked like a charm. My scent control is not great, I wash in scent free soap and that's about it. As far as my stand I'm about 4 feet off the ground. This doe was not a yearling or some sex crazed spike she was a mature fully seasoned doe who has been hunted before, this was a text book encounter. 5 yards head on and down wind and she doesn't do backflips getting out of there says a lot to me. I will be trying again Tuesday and see what happens. If I were on private land with no hunters then I'd agree with some of the statements, but I wasn't. Use it , don't use it, don't really care, simply sharing my experiences for those who were curious.

23-Oct-21
Tough room

23-Oct-21
We have had different results but we are NOT , FAN BOYS!!

Going to leave that to LB

23-Oct-21
Still alittle butt hurt there RK?

23-Oct-21
Try using HECS with Scent Thief. You’ll be the invisible, scent free man.

24-Oct-21
LB

Never. Call em as I see em

24-Oct-21
Glad to hear that RK , seem like the sting is still there with a few , can't seem to drop it, I understand .

24-Oct-21
Pretty funny LOL but what’s not funny is how many hunters actually believe this BS. Sucker born every day.

24-Oct-21
Haha scent thief. Did you have to call in the tracking spiders or easy enuf blood trail for the bloodlight?

24-Oct-21
My results were different also, it put deer on the alert and they left the area. Had that happen 3 times and gave up on using it. Nose jammer just spooked every deer that got wind of it.

24-Oct-21
I don’t think any product makes you scent free, or even close. I do think certain cover scents will make animals curious.

Back when I used to chew dip in the stand, I routinely had deer walk up and sniff, even lick, the area I’d been spitting on. They liked Skoal Wintergreen the best. ;-)

Matt

24-Oct-21
If she couldn't smell you and couldn't see you, how'd the doe even know you were there?

24-Oct-21
Timex, my sophomore year of high school, I would practice football from 2:45-6 then had to cross country to run 4-6 miles. The rest of the team ran during football practice. Half the time I was wore out so I would just run into the trees and find a place to site during my 20 minute warm up. Sweaty, smelling like a football locker room and more than once had does walk by at less than 10-12 feet. Sometimes they smell you when you think there’s no way, sometimes they don’t when you think there’s no way they couldn’t. I think most of us have seen that before.

24-Oct-21
I wash my clothes in baking soda..i will usually crush up some pine needles and rub it on me, at times i use earth scent.

LBshooter, Im gonna check out the Scent Thief

24-Oct-21
Grey Ghost (Matt) I have the same experience. I chew wintergreen and I’ve also had some deer come right under my tree and smell it. Typically I keep a bottle but sometimes ya gotta use the ground ha

24-Oct-21
Deer are not bothered by human urine. Ive had them walk up and smell where i took a leak. I dont really care if i smell like gas ,oil, but human body odor is the killer. The deer I hunt smell gas, oil, chemicals, ect all the time. I've taken pure vanilla extract mixed with water and sprayed it around my spots, they seem to like the smell

24-Oct-21
I have been using DEAD DOWN WIND for 6-7 years. Have had deer and yotes cross my scent down wind and not react to my scent. I have had yote come down trails from down wind never knew I was there. No reaction. Just my experience.

24-Oct-21
Grey Ghost (Matt) I have the same experience. I chew wintergreen and I’ve also had some deer come right under my tree and smell it. Typically I keep a bottle but sometimes ya gotta use the ground ha

24-Oct-21
Jethro, she didn't know I was there, that's why she didn't bolt. She smelled the scent thief, it has an odor and she followed it right to my stand.

24-Oct-21
Never used this stuff but we do use cover scent. When your sitting in a tree stand you cant guarentee when a deer will do down wind. Doe's can come in perfect with the wind but can eventually get down wind before the buck makes it in. Its not like checking your wind & thermals before doing a stalk.

24-Oct-21
I store all my hunting clothes/backpack in baking soda. I also use the Dead Down Wind scent killer wipes. It seems to work well for me. I will also spray vanilla extract on my boots. The bear seem to be more interested in it than the deer but it does make them curious.

25-Oct-21
I would post that I spray my decoys with Nose Jammer (super concentrated vanilla) and the deer come right up and sniff them and even lick them and circle downwind of me while paying no attention, but everyone knows that's not true and they would have sniffed and licked my decoys anyway.

25-Oct-21
I'm waiting for a Scent Thief pop-up ad at the bottom of the page.

25-Oct-21
There is no way to cover, hide, or stop human scent. For some reason that I will never know it makes hunters all warm and fuzzy using scent products. It gives them confidence is what I here a lot. Sets their mind at ease. SCENT PRODUCTS ARE A WASTE OF MONEY AND DO NOT WORK.

25-Oct-21
Tell that to a trapper.

25-Oct-21
Scent products work to the degree that we work to enhance their use. Does it eliminate scent? No. Does it make it harder for deer to determine you are there? You bet it does. If you don’t believe that then pump sone gas in your hunting boots. Walk in leaving a back trail that deer are likely to pass. Then come back and tell us how that goes for you.

25-Oct-21

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
I just hang these all over the woods like scent bombs. It’s amazing, deer never smell me and I’ve had yearling does and young bucks come right up and lick them. Unbelievable…

25-Oct-21
Sometimes it can be hard to change human nature but i bet your neighbors are glad you feel this way about cover scent.

26-Oct-21
Update, I was out same stand as the other day, corn field and my stand was in the treeline. Had a six point sneak in down wind, to much brush for a shot but he stood and fed calmly in the corn. No sign of nervousness whatsoever, and he was directly downwind of me. He eventually walked away into the woods and never to be seen again. Second time using scent theif and positive results. Will report next time I use it.

26-Oct-21
Update, I was out same stand as the other day, corn field and my stand was in the treeline. Had a six point sneak in down wind, to much brush for a shot but he stood and fed calmly in the corn. No sign of nervousness whatsoever, and he was directly downwind of me. He eventually walked away into the woods and never to be seen again. Second time using scent theif and positive results. Will report next time I use it.

26-Oct-21
“What you perceived to be down wind”

26-Oct-21
No RIT, I know he was downwind. perception had nothing to do with it. He was less than 30 yards away, no clue I was there.

26-Oct-21
I've been suckered on these products, but if it gives you more confidence go for it

26-Oct-21
Any updates on wether you had any luck in recovering the doe that you “unfortunately hit a little high” that you alluded to in your original post?

26-Oct-21
No T-Roy, went back the next day looked for 5 hours, not a trace. No blood, nothing. Walked the entire area and if she died which I don't think it was a lethal shot, she did it off the property.

• Sitka Gear