itshot 25-Oct-21
Bake 25-Oct-21
blackwolf 27-Oct-21
APauls 27-Oct-21
Rut Nut 28-Oct-21
Jaquomo 28-Oct-21
Knife2sharp 28-Oct-21
23-Oct-21
Was wondering what everyone is doing to extend battery life in the cold. Our late season gets down to single digits or even below zero. Thinking of a battery wrap with a hand warmer inside. Thoughts?

23-Oct-21
Keep it inside at night, for sure. One company makes an insulated wrap for them, don't remember which. But yeah a wrap with a hand warmer would definitely when its sitting out during the day

24-Oct-21
Should have mentioned I would be camping in a tent with a wood stove.

24-Oct-21
Glad I’m not the only one. My Rambo is near worthless in the cold. I’m interested in the answer as the thing is such a heavy beast it’s not easy to wrangle it into and out of the cabin.

24-Oct-21
I charge the battery for my Mule in warm area. Keep battery as warm as possible for as long as possible.

I would wrap battery with hand warmers when below 10 or so.

24-Oct-21
Boy it sounds like we are in for a treat when the EV mandates take effect lol.

24-Oct-21
So do the batteries in an electric vehicle drain in cold weather too?

24-Oct-21
Peddle??

24-Oct-21
Spike78, you nailed it. Let’s go Brandon!

25-Oct-21
spike78- You will get someone to jump start it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait a minute. I think there is a flaw. Do you think the advocates aren't telling us everything????? (Tongue firmly planted in cheek. As a resident of North Dakota, we some experience with cold!)

25-Oct-21
"Let's go Brandon!" LMBO Dale! : )

They apparently figured out how to make the lithium ion batteries that power the new cordless drills impervious to cold................... I've been using a Milwaukee Fuel Drill with my ice-fishing auger and it sits out on the ice all day with no problems.

I would think if they can do it with a cordless drill battery, they should be able to do it for e-bike batteries..............

25-Oct-21
the battery packs are removable right

stick them in your sleeping bag at night, pants pocket during the day

maybe they have solar powered warmers for them or a phone app for warming

25-Oct-21
I don’t know about Rambo, but a Bakcou battery will NOT fit in a pants pocket

27-Oct-21
With temps above 20 I have never noticed much difference but I do bring them in overnight. After hunting all day and heading back 12 hr later, I have not had any sig battery loss. Rad bike

27-Oct-21
I’ve used mine up to -20. Kept it warm until taking it out. Sits in the cold all day and works coming Home. But if I touch the throttle it dies. And it shows 0% battery but still works.

I also have a battery ice auger. I would never leave it outside all day. Treated properly it’s amazing but you will kill it leaving it out. No way it’s impervious

28-Oct-21

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Adam- I don’t leave it sitting on the ice, but it’s out in the cold for at least 6-12 hours. (I lay it across the back of my sled when not in use) Of course Northern Pa is a lot warmer than Northern Canada but I have had it out down to -8* F with no issues.

From my experience it performs the same at 40* as it does at 0*. Same number of holes and battery life. I’ve had it for 5 seasons now.

28-Oct-21
Bake, I don't know about you, but I can just stuff the Bakcou or Rambo battery down the front of my pants and it stays warm all day!

28-Oct-21
For my ION auger, I have a plastic ammo box that I lined with foam, and space for hand warmers. I think for me Rambo battery, I could use a narrow backpack I have, put a sock over it, then use the foot warmer pads that have adhesive, and stick them to the sock.

• Sitka Gear