Cheesehead Mike 28-Oct-21
24-Oct-21

Goelk's embedded Photo
Goelk's embedded Photo
Found this while elk hunting in middle of nowhere

24-Oct-21
Can't read it

24-Oct-21
I can't read it either, but I've found a few over the years.

24-Oct-21

Maverick's Link

24-Oct-21

Maverick's Link

25-Oct-21
In memory of John J. Yeagal, dates, go with God my love, your loving wife Natalie

25-Oct-21
Thats nice. I haven't found any memorials but have stumbled over a original bench mark left by surveyors out in the middle of nowhere. Oldest one was 1921. looked on a 1950 s map and confirmed it.

25-Oct-21
I came across one a couple years ago. I didn’t take a pic but it was homemade, just a piece of metal flashing with holes punched to spell the memorial. The guy was a young man killed in a car crash in a nearby town. He had a wife and child and I’m guessing he liked to hunt that ridge.

25-Oct-21
Man Killer?

25-Oct-21
I have seen a couple of these over the years and one this year was cut out of metal plate with a photo of the guy engraved on it holding a very good Mule Deer he had shot in the area. It was really nicely done.

25-Oct-21
I wonder if the departed's ashes were also scattered in the area? I couldn't think of a better final resting place for my earthly remains than some of my favorite elk hunting spots.

25-Oct-21
Dang spell correct elk man.

25-Oct-21
That is a great find! (And more than my wife would do!)

I know a ridge on Wyoming where I want my ashes. If she sees that ridge, she will dump them out the window and mutter "Close enough".

25-Oct-21

mgmicky's embedded Photo
mgmicky's embedded Photo
Those are great finds. I have found several old graves in an NC National Forest. Some with dates going back to 1700s…

25-Oct-21
I have found a few on a steelhead stream here in Northern Wisconsin. The one had fly's that fisherman would hang onto with a note from the guys wife thanking all who placed them. Pretty cool.

25-Oct-21

Highway Star's embedded Photo
Highway Star's embedded Photo
They are fun, found this one a few years ago. Scott

25-Oct-21
Well my “me to” story is I found some plane wreckage. After looking it over for a few I home to the top of the ridge. Found a small array of metal from the wreckage, some vases and faded plastic flowers and a plaque. All had been knocked askew. The plaque had the name of 12 or13 crew members of a c-130 that had crashed into the mountain in a storm, 1983. all had died.

I put the stuff back, had a moment of silence and moved on.

26-Oct-21
Thanks for sharing Maverick i was wondering about Natalie too. There a story behind everyone. Rest in Peace for those that have pass.

26-Oct-21

RickH's embedded Photo
RickH's embedded Photo
Here's one I came across a few years back.

26-Oct-21
Z Barebow………surely she would, at least, try to be upwind ;-)

26-Oct-21
Z Barebow, buy her a drone so she can easily get you to the spot that you want!

26-Oct-21

WYOelker's Link
Clyde Dillon has been a memorial my family has visited for over 20 years. Died in a snow storm in the middle of a hunt froze to death and at one point was pretty close to the camp but got lost.

26-Oct-21

Ziek's embedded Photo
Ziek's embedded Photo
This one is on a neighbor's property. They replaced the grave stone before the original was totally unreadable. Evidently it's from an early homestead. We've also found others in the middle of nowhere.

26-Oct-21

26-Oct-21

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
StickFlicker's embedded Photo

26-Oct-21
Ziek, Looks like Charlie Stevens died on my birthday. lol

26-Oct-21

Ziek's embedded Photo
Ziek's embedded Photo
Another we found in 1974 in the Gore Range.

27-Oct-21
I worked a gobbler one morning on very steep ground overlooking the Elk river here in WV. Gobbler didn't show up, but when I got up to leave the pine I was sitting against had grown around a headstone. I snooped around and 2 brothers were buried there during the civil war :( Wish I had a digital camera back then !

27-Oct-21
I have the gps coordinates in my Will where I want my ashes scattered.

Elevation is about 9500' with a great view looking SW over elk country

27-Oct-21

MQQSE's embedded Photo
MQQSE's embedded Photo
While looking for arrowheads my son found a small group of headstones on a bluff above the creek deep in the interior of my farm. They are from the 1800’s.

27-Oct-21

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
This rock pile may or may not contain some of my friends ash’s. Due to local laws.

27-Oct-21

RowdyBuck's embedded Photo
This is one I found this year in Wyoming. It's not a very old one but thought it was pretty neat considering the location I found it.

27-Oct-21

I did a little research on Bill and found his obituary.

William (Bill) Burton Kuhn, born November 4, 1945, passed away on November 3, 2011. Bill was born in Casper Wyoming to John Thomas Kuhn Sr. of Montana and Charlotte (Humborg) Kuhn of Wyoming.

Bill grew up in Casper Wyoming and served honorably in the United States Army. Bill owned and ran BK Alignment for twelve years. Bill loved to hunt, fish, and spend time with his family and his dog Judd.

He is survived by his brothers, Don and wife Ramona Kuhn, Tom and wife Alice Kuhn, Richard and wife Audra Kuhn, and sons, Jeff and wife Talli Kuhn, Brent and wife Chrissi Kuhn, one daughter, Lori (Kuhn) Warner and her husband Jeff Warner, and seven grandchildren.

He loved the outdoors. He always looked forward to the next time he could go fishing and hunting. Bill was always smiling and would go out of his way to help anyone that he could. His motto was it's not the quantity of life, but the quality of life you live. He will be greatly missed by his family and friends.

Bill was preceded in death by his father and his mother.

Services will be held on Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. at Oregon Trail Cemetery, 80 Veterans Cemetery Rd. Evansville, WY. A celebration of life will directly follow at the American Legion Post #2, 1650 English Avenue.

Condolences for the family may be left at bustardsfuneralhome.com.

27-Oct-21

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
Link, just for you ! ;-)

27-Oct-21

TreeWalker's embedded Photo
Wilderness memorial
TreeWalker's embedded Photo
Wilderness memorial
Stumbled upon this high in the Rubies at Jarbidge Wilderness.

28-Oct-21
I'm pretty sure mine (if placed by my exes) will read "finally" and have a faint urine odor.

28-Oct-21

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Found this one on Colorado last year. Thought it was pretty nice and in a beautiful location.

• Sitka Gear