BULELK1's embedded Photo
WoW!!!

13-Nov-21
Whoo!!! Congrats to the hunter

13-Nov-21

LINK's Link
Nice deer!

13-Nov-21
I am not doubting it but if this was a guess the score thread I’d have been low. Awesome deer!

13-Nov-21
I think the amount of mass on that buck is deceptive, makes the tines look smaller. Amazing buck for sure

13-Nov-21
Nice buck! I would be smiling :^)

13-Nov-21

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
You ebikers if you going to use them you should mount a dead head on the front like this guy. Then you might be able to kill big deer too.

13-Nov-21
That guys beard makes the deer look small!!!

Great buck man!!! Congratulations !!!

13-Nov-21
Congrats to the hunter. Cool buck! Very cool wavy brow tines.

13-Nov-21
Congrats to the hunter. Cool buck! Very cool wavy brow tines.

13-Nov-21
If he wasn’t long arming it would only look 180 ha.

13-Nov-21
Long-arming a buck that size…. Why would you EVEN???

When your story’s that good, exaggerations only detract.

14-Nov-21
How should he have taken the photo then. Looks to me that he is sitting behind his deer a big deer and holding his arm out to hold the deer. Seems standard practice . Deer of a lifetime congrats to him

14-Nov-21
Congrats to the bowhunter!

Sitting behind deer = long arming. Sitting on top of deer = showing no respect. sitting in front of deer = all attention on hunter not deer. commenting on hunters pose = pettiness.

14-Nov-21
photo tip - A lot of 'phone' and 'pocket' cameras are wide-angle from the git-go so they automatically give that long-arm effect. If you step back and zoom in it will 'flatten' the perspective.

14-Nov-21
Getting a deer like that and leaning it against a burned stump is terrible. No photo Ethics in the least and surely no honor being paid to the lumber. Show the stump a little respect will you. It’s been through a lot.

14-Nov-21
Im guessing thats Non Typical score.

14-Nov-21
This is NOT a Chuck long arm pix.

14-Nov-21
Give the guy a break I’d bet long arming never entered his mind. His knee up against the deer’s torso. Deer head slightly in front of body. That is just what he had to do to grab the antlers from his position.

15-Nov-21
If he hadn't been wearing jeans he wouldn't of killed it.

Heckuvabuck.

15-Nov-21
If I shot that deer I'd at least smile in the picture.

Super buck congrats.

15-Nov-21
That's awesome. Super awesome story. Shooting a giant after rattling is rare but does happen. Decoys are awesome.

Funny he mentions it, because on the day I shot my buck this year (coincidentally 195 and change lol) I accessed the tree via e-bike and also checked a camera via e-bike. Had I done these things on foot, the buck I shot would have crossed my trail for sure once and most likely twice, which may have been enough to access the field via a different trail and not bring him by my tree in bow range.

Much like this guy, it wasn't an afterthought either. It was something planned to not leave scent on the ground. It's the main reason I use an ebike. The first day I ever scouted that property I utilized some trails the landowner had made via ebike and slammed the breaks when a roughly 160" buck was walking by with about 6 does. They never had a clue I was there...and I didn't have my bow. Late October, and I was just "going for a quick rip to speed scout for sign." Always, always, ALWAYS have your bow!!!! I knew better!!!!!

I also got off my bike once because things were so quiet and I was worried about the noise. Only it was 10x louder walking on foot than by bike.

19-Nov-21
I would love to see the official score. The perfect 8x8 from Oklahoma was only 188" net.

19-Nov-21
Would that be considered a "backyard buck". ;-). Great deer. As for the pic, I'd prefer not to see a house and fence in the background, but it's fine otherwise.

Matt

19-Nov-21
Fake news. The photo shows a slight incline in the terrain behind the hunter. This is obviously not Kansas.

19-Nov-21
^^^I got a good chuckle out of that one, vonfoust ;-)

Same could be said for a lot of Iowa, too!

19-Nov-21
Awesome buck. I would be worried about the chimney in the background tipping over!

19-Nov-21
Heck of a buck with the bow beside awesome.

• Sitka Gear