Sidekick 15-Nov-21
Shiloh 16-Nov-21
Saxon 16-Nov-21
Saxon 16-Nov-21
Kingntuff 16-Nov-21
ND String Puller 16-Nov-21
Zim 17-Nov-21
15-Nov-21
I'm a hunter first and foremost - but i do enjoy fishing. I have a kayak that i use from time to time, but i am in the market for a boat. something small with an outboard. 15' range, and would like something light weight that can be launched with out a boat ramp.

as far as outfitting the boat, just the required lights , a trolling motor and some storage...

any input from you guys?

15-Nov-21
I recently bought an Old Town Discovery Sport canoe. I plan to use it pretty much the same as you. It has a square transom for easy motor mounting and you can paddle it with oars too. Tough as nails. I think they still make one in a 15' model. You could also try a rigid inflatable or similar.

15-Nov-21
I just got a aluminum flat back canoe last year. Think oys about 17 ft. Rated for 8 horse motor but use a 4 horse for ease of taking on and off at water. A lot of aluminum canoes hanging around from back in the day so can be found for pretty cheap

15-Nov-21
Check your local regulations first, then state. Unless it's a federal navigable waterway, the USCG won't say much.

But yes, the basics; a life jacket for everyone on the boat, a throwable floatation device, a haul line (approx. 50'), a signaling device (whistle or air horn), running/anchor lights, a bail bucket, and paddle/oar.

15-Nov-21

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
Have you considered the two man little bass boats? Price like $600 + new. Removable seats, rod storage on side. My son has one & it gets used lots.. Light enough to put on top or in back of pickup, no ramp needed. Not as tipsy as canoe.

15-Nov-21
Look into Grumman Sport Boats. I don't think they make them anymore, but they are a great option and you can find them used on Facebook Marketplace.

15-Nov-21
Gheenoe or Riverhawk. I fish quite a bit where I launch without a ramp and it works well. I can put it in the back of my truck or a ladder rack if necessary but it isn't easy by yourself. I keep mine on a small boat trailer. More stable on the water than a canoe.,but you can't beat them up like an aluminum canoe.

15-Nov-21
Flatback canoe, or a kayak as you have already mentioned

15-Nov-21
A smaller jon boat would cover your needs. They slide over ground, grass & brush fairly easily. You could even modify a deer cart (or something similar) so you could roll it to the water. More room than a canoe & pretty stable.

16-Nov-21
Gheenoe or Riverhawk Jim! We have hunted the MS River in a Riverhawk with no issues

16-Nov-21
ahunter76: Who makes the two man bass boat in pic?

16-Nov-21
ahunter76: Who makes the two man bass boat in pic?

16-Nov-21
Grumman sportboat hands down! Hard to find at times. Certainly not a rare boat. Great build the very best of aircraft aluminum surplus from ww2. 15 foot 3 inches in length 43 "wide. Capacity of 900 lbs or more. Total wieght of boat alone 105 pounds.

16-Nov-21
Ron I believe that boat is a Bass Tender

17-Nov-21

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
I went with this smaller 10’ folding Port-a-Bote w/6 HP Mercury. $500 used, $900 used motor. No trailer. Straps onto 4Runner. Gets me into inaccessible deer spots.

• Sitka Gear