Glunt@work 21-Nov-21
Bowbender 21-Nov-21
goelk 21-Nov-21
jmiller 21-Nov-21
Rut Nut 22-Nov-21
White Falcon 22-Nov-21
BOWNBIRDHNTR 22-Nov-21
19-Nov-21
Every year someone in your family will ask "What do you want for Christmas?" Let's help each other out with the answers. What would you like to receive for Christmas? Things you may be wanting but haven't gone out and bought for your self Let's keep this realistic. Preferably under$100.

I'll start: Outdoor Edge knife

19-Nov-21
Merino base-layer bottoms.

19-Nov-21
$100 and under

A few products from Bow site member Jeff Miller A Coyote Bomber hat Skunk hat Skunk mittens

19-Nov-21
I'm at the point in life where I'd prefer not to get Christmas gifts, or any gifts for that matter. If I need or want something, I buy it. Our storage room is littered with gifts that we've never used. I'd rather have friends and family save their money, and/or spend it on themselves.

Matt

19-Nov-21
jerky gun

19-Nov-21
Same boat as GG. I always say the best gift is a hug from the Wife and kids. If I need it I bought it already or can't afford it! If I could sell all the gifts I don't use at the price paid for them I could buy the things I want but can't justify the cost of.??

19-Nov-21
A couple of you are real Scrooges!

19-Nov-21
I always list chemical handwarmers and food. Easy on the budget and will be appreciated and used.

19-Nov-21
more cedar shafts from Wapiti!

19-Nov-21
All expenses paid trip to hunt on t-roy's farm. :-)

19-Nov-21
New head lamp would be perfect for me for an under $100 gift.

Great suggestions above as well.

19-Nov-21
+1 to the grey ghost.

19-Nov-21
I also prefer to not have gifts given to me. They are usually something I don’t want/use. If anything I would prefer a gift card to one of the companies I frequently buy from. My kids love to buy Dad a gift so I take it graciously and show them how happy I am they gave whatever it is to me. Lol

19-Nov-21
I know one thing I don’t want is Basspro/Cabelas gift cards

19-Nov-21
"A couple of you are real Scrooges!"

Not at all. I love celebrating the birth of Jesus with friends and family. But, I feel the true meaning of Christmas has been lost with the whole obsession over gifts. When you get my age, getting rid of junk is more important than collecting more of it.

Matt

19-Nov-21
https://www.cnet.com/home/kitchen-and-household/lg-shows-off-air-sous-vide-mode-in-newest-oven-at-ces-2021/

Betcha don't have this GG!

19-Nov-21
I'll never say no to more SS VPA broadheads.

19-Nov-21
Hey Altitude How do we find Jeff Miller's website or marketplace?

19-Nov-21
Vonfoust, that's funny you would mention a sous vide. We have one in our storage room, in an unopened box, that was gifted to us several years ago. Is there a time limit on when it becomes acceptable to re-gift stuff? ;-)

Matt

19-Nov-21
Go ahead and re-gift GG, this here is an "air sous vide". The cutting edge of technology here. You don't want to be using that water one, that's so 2020.

19-Nov-21
I'd put it toward a vacuum sealer.

19-Nov-21
Wait, if I can get in on that trip to hunt t-roy's farm I want that. Especially if it's under $100!!!!

19-Nov-21
I hate the gift-giving part of Christmas. I wish the gift-giving part of Christmas expired after age 17.

That said, you can never have enough bullets.

19-Nov-21
Powder, in typical BS fashion, it only took 3 posts before someone going jackass sideways to your original post. Just amazes me how self gratifying some are on this site. If they're gifts you'll never use, you didn't read the OP's post. Someone is ASKING you what you want so it makes them feel better getting something you would use. If the answer is nothing, why even reply?

I'd like some of the padded kitchen floor mats you stand on when cooking or a Pampered Chef baking sheet. SURPRISE: I can afford to buy it myself too but why not let someone get you something for Christmas that makes both of you happy? SMH.

19-Nov-21
Ok...Russ: You are exactly right.

19-Nov-21
When the kids were little I would buy myself something I wanted for archery season. Keep the box. Use the item. Put it back int eh box so my wife could wrap it and put it under the tree. The kids thought Mom knew exactly what I wanted every year! Nothing like getting a broken in pair of boots for Christmas! I still do that. Buy something and give it to her for her Mom to give me. Just better if I pick out hunting stuff myself. I'm too picky to let anyone try to pick for me.

19-Nov-21
Badlands, scroll down to his post on 2021 trap line. And PM him. Or search for his name He will send pics and prices. He’s making me some products now. They aren’t Christmas presents. But I thought I’d play along.

PS they are also more than $100

19-Nov-21
Sorry guys. With inflation and all, things are north of $100 now….Damn Covid!!

How bout a hug instead? (Like Rickm suggested)

19-Nov-21
Sous Vide cooker works as a killer Euro pot cooker...!!!

20-Nov-21
I am with GG and others prefer no gift, it is all just getting too commercial anymore. When I give gifts it is usually CASH as they can use it anywhere and get something they really want.

20-Nov-21
I blew out the seams in my Lowa Renegades, after about 3 Seasons. I'm hoping Mrs. Claus hooks me up with some Lowa Caminos this Christmas, size 10. (Sorry Dear, it'll be a lot more than 100 bucks).

20-Nov-21
I too tend to be on the side it's better to give than to receive. If there is anything I want for myself (or the wife), I'm (and she) in a life position and blessed to just go buy it. That train of thought laid out.....

- I have thought about going to a VA house somewhere and volunteer to serve Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners to the vets. I know the virus thing has that idea limited, if not impossible.

- Take the nephews on a bear or deer hunt. Money and time is always tight for them.

- Next year....the wife and I will have tolerated each other for 40 years of bliss. I/we have discussed doing an European cruise. That might be a cool surprise to pull the trigger on but I'm not sure how the virus will affect that idea in 2022.

20-Nov-21
With all the hurting going On in our country I'm thinking of what I could give rather then get. I'm to old to get gifts, I'd rather be giving .

20-Nov-21
I’m with GG, save your money. Let’s enjoy that our family is together, we’re above ground and most importantly, celebrating the birth of Christ. Presents are for the children.

Edit: to be fair to the OP… if someone were to ask (which most know by now), I’d say a gift card to anywhere except Starbucks. :)

20-Nov-21
Kindling Cracker XL. For those with a wood stove. Check it out. Great gift! $100

20-Nov-21
I told them - Anything Carhartt

20-Nov-21
I agree with Grey Ghost. As I get longer in the tooth there is nothing I appreciate more than family.

20-Nov-21
Cord62 those are amazing !!!!! Simply amazing. Love mine.

20-Nov-21
So agree with GG. I have everything I need, and duplicates of most. However, get that sous vide out and try it. Our son has one and makes some great for with it.

20-Nov-21
The point was to make a list of gifts that you could offer that you would appreciate/enjoy/use. I too am not a fan of getting gifts but the spirit of this is to help make sure that if you do get a gift it's something you will use and isn't a waste of the giver's time, energy, and money.

21-Nov-21
Things you can never have too many of:

Headlamps

Bullets

Broadheads

Trail cams

Tree stands

A little tripod for phone and a blue tooth picture clicker is under $100 and HANDY

Flashlights

Blinds and chairs for them

Tree steps. Or ladders. Can’t have too many

Little cigarette lighter air pumps and flat tire kits for ATV and UTV

Anything merino wool

I’ll have to think of more

21-Nov-21
Not big on receiving gifts either but giving makes people cheerful so I have list of inexpensive things the wife and kids can get me. Usually stuff like warm socks, pocket knife, game call, bowstring material, fletching, ammo, sunglasses, ball cap. Like many, we went through the phase of having big ticket items. Both growing up without much, the thought was lets splurge for the kids and each other since we could. Of course it turns out the simpler years end up being more satisfying than the ones where a lot was spent. Seems obvious but sometimes you have to experience a lesson firsthand before it sticks.

21-Nov-21
I have a running list on my phone of items I need to replace or want to upgrade. Things like broadheads, raw arrow shafts, First Lite base layers (love 'em), merino socks, books, cell phone charger,...

"She who must be obeyed" or my son will preuse it and pass it on to my daughters as well. They love Christmas, love to give, the gifts are inexpensive and never get shelved.

Last year, my middle daughter came over while I was at work, rooted thru the old family photo albums and pulled some of me and me dad thru the years, enlarged and framed them. Not very expensive, and one of the sweetest gifts I've ever received. Has a place of prominence in my home office.

21-Nov-21
Bow string for my takedown wapiti recurve

21-Nov-21
https://www.amazon.com/Klasberg-North-Dakota-Collected-Stories/dp/B09B5ZBQCJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=klasberg&qid=1637552892&sr=8-3 A copy of my book :)

22-Nov-21
My family just asked for a list. There are always things I need to get, but haven't yet. I told them spare battery for my heated vest and replacement blades for my ice-auger. These days it is easy with smartphones- just send them a link! ;-)

22-Nov-21
If you don't have an idea... Donation to St. Jude's.

22-Nov-21
I went on one of T-roy's sub $100 hunts. Came out with a broken leg and new walking stick. I'd recommend paying for the full price hunt lol.

• Sitka Gear