Huntcell 20-Nov-21
Dale06 20-Nov-21
BullBuster 20-Nov-21
milnrick 20-Nov-21
BullBuster 20-Nov-21
Huntiam 21-Nov-21
Huntcell 21-Nov-21
20-Nov-21
An old doe that tends to hang around the house has had diarrhea since June. She’s pretty skinny for this time of year. I’ve tried giving her Ivermectin two different times without help. I can give her meds by leaving a cup with grain in it on the lawn. Any suggestions for treatment? Maybe a de-wormer?

20-Nov-21
Didn't they recently discover CWD in the PNW? I hear they get very emaciated in the later stages of it...?

20-Nov-21

Huntcell 's Link
Your intentions maybe well meaning but maybe in conflict with Idaho game management policies and objectives. you should have called them as your first step in trying to help this deer rather than just jump in and do something that may cause more harm to the animals and also get yourself in a bind with the states baiting laws.

their view of you placing grain , medications , chemicals for wild animals consumption, may surprise you. some states besides a monetary fine one can also lose hunting privileges'. Dam and all you wanted to do was help.

""""""""Idaho If you are thinking of using bait to hunt in Idaho, you better re-think that plan. This Northwestern state does not allow baiting. The deer baiting laws in Idaho prohibit the use of any attractants for hunting whether they be in a liquid or solid state. However, liquid scents can be used for hunting deer and elk

Source: shorturl.at/afpF1 ::::::::::

20-Nov-21
If I understand the op, he’s not hunting this deer. He wants to improve its health. I don’t know Idaho law, but this is not a hunting/baiting issue.

20-Nov-21
I know Idaho law. I have talked to F&G. Any real help would be appreciated.

20-Nov-21
See if this link is any help.

www.frontiersin.org Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus (BVDV) in White-Tailed Deer (Odocoileus ...

20-Nov-21
Interesting article on BVDV,. Just so happens open range cattle broke into my property this summer. I wonder…. Thanks

21-Nov-21
Know how she feels

21-Nov-21
The point is F & G are wildlife trained experts , deal with wildlife daily and may have the answers and or resources to provide you with a solution.

• Sitka Gear