Cazador 22-Nov-21
midwest 22-Nov-21
Jebediah 22-Nov-21
12yards 22-Nov-21
Cazador 22-Nov-21
TD 22-Nov-21
bigeasygator 22-Nov-21
21-Nov-21
Anyone out there still using the rubber peep sight alignment tubing?

21-Nov-21
Nope. The string materials don't stretch much since quality strings are pre-stretched.

21-Nov-21
We use it for the winter months youth shoot. It just works well for new archers. Don't see any of the experienced archers using it anymore though.

21-Nov-21
Not since the vasectomy.

21-Nov-21

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Yes, never had an issue either. Funny thing is, today of all things I just changed out my string and cables with 60x strings, told the guy to put an "regular peep on" and I have twist. I'm going to give this about another month or to shoot string in a bit, but if it twists after a couple months, I'm going back to the old reliable. Never had an issue I'm not even sure why I changed out.

Ever notice guys shooting always grabbing the peep and twisting? It's like they're twisting it and not even realizing it.

21-Nov-21
I’ve been using the rubber since I started and “knock on wood “ haven’t had an issue. I do carry and extra length of rubber with me and realize it’ll likely be too late when I need it but it always keeps the sight straight. I know a few guys using each, some say they hope the rubber doesn’t snap and others “just turn the peep out of habit “ Good luck

22-Nov-21
Caz, couldn’t agree more, I do that every time before I draw even though the damn peep is just fine. Maybe it’s a “just in case” thing for me but it adds an unnecessary step.

22-Nov-21
I stopped using the rubber about 10 years ago. Had new strings put on a bow and the pro shop didn’t put on the rubber. I do have peep turn issues the first few hundred shots after installing new strings and cables, but that ceases after the strings are broke in.

22-Nov-21
nope, Ive got about 20 yards of that tubing on a spool laying around somewhere.

22-Nov-21
You beat me to it midwest...

22-Nov-21
Nope. And I don’t twist the string before the shot either ;)

But I do always twist my string to align my D loop better every time I nock an arrow

22-Nov-21
Watch a Cam Hanes video. He can't keep his hands off his peep. It's so ingrained in his shot process, I doubt he even knows he's doing it.

I can say I've never had a peep failure with the tubing, it has just never happened. In my experience I would say it's way more reliable than some of the rests we see today. FYI, the late Danny Moore "used a rubber" as well.

22-Nov-21
The newer string materials are amazing. I bought a set of America's Best and they didn't move after maybe a dozen shots. I've shot hundreds or thousands of shots with them and they are still rock solid with no turning of the peep or any fraying of the string. Even after a week of dragging my bow through salmonberry in Alaska!

22-Nov-21
“Shot process” movements are a problem it seems to me. Because they’re movements. And I have a lot of them, including twisting the peep. Like a batter stepping up to the plate. Maybe that rubber tube would be a good idea.

22-Nov-21
The only bow I really had an issue with peep twist on was a Drenalin. It never stopped twisting. Ended up trading it for a Hoyt Maxxis 35. I just put a set of Catfish Custom strings on my Synergy and it hasn't budged at all from the start.

22-Nov-21
I just put some 60x on mine as "they don't creep" but I'm already doing the nipple twist.

22-Nov-21

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
Yeah.... Coach said I had to grow up.... told her all I can promise is that I get older.......

22-Nov-21

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
Saw Allen Bolen post a video about the peep he uses. Claims it minimizes the affects of peep rotation without an alignment tube. Anyone use something like this? Looks like it’s made by Radical Archery company and it mounts in a horizontal plane completely perpendicular to the string.

• Sitka Gear