MA-PAdeerslayer 07-May-22
Alexis Desjardins 07-May-22
rattling_junkie 07-May-22
carcus 07-May-22
Alexis Desjardins 07-May-22
02-Jan-22

Alexis Desjardins's embedded Photo
A few guys won’t make it next spring cause of the Covid regulations unfortunately, Won’t be taking any deposits till April make sure this happens in the spring we will just mark yous down if interested. The week of May 16th or fall works too for black bear. Blessings.

02-Jan-22
are you saying spring 2022 or 2023?

i could definitly be interested, can u pm me some information?

thanks

02-Jan-22
What are the current Covid regulations with updated changes in December for U.S. citizens driving across the border for bear hunting this spring? Barring any more changes between now and May.

02-Jan-22
A few guys won’t make it next spring cause of the Covid regulations unfortunately, Won’t be taking any deposits till April make sure this happens in the spring we will just mark yous down if interested. The week of May 16th or fall works too for black bear. Blessings.

02-Jan-22
Who knows what the Covid restrictions will be this spring it’s a waiting game but by April we should know what we need for a spring hunt. The openings is for 2022.

03-Jan-22
Alexis...I think you're right about the waiting game side of this. We don't know...what we don't know. Hopefully there will be more certainty as we get closer.

03-Jan-22
John Hopefully common cense takes hold not much of it right now.

03-Jan-22
Well put Alexis

03-Jan-22

JL's Link
Take it for what it's worth.....

""Date: Dec 23 2021

By: Kathryn Folliott

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he doesn’t anticipate having to close Canada’s border because of the omicron variant.

At the federal government’s COVID-19 briefing yesterday, following a discussion about rising omicron case counts and still-strong delta case counts, a reporter asked Trudeau, “why not completely shut the border?”

Trudeau noted that Canadians have a constitutional right to re-enter the country, no matter what. “We cannot close the border to any Canadian,” he said. “They are always allowed to come home.”

And as far as omicron goes, the key driver behind rising case counts is community transmission.

When it comes to further travel restrictions, “we are always open to any option to better ensure Canada’s safety,” he said.

But he noted that community transmission is the far greater threat with the highly contagious omicron variant.

Plus, omicron is already well entrenched in Canada, as it is in most countries around the world.

“We know that arrivals at the border represent an extremely small percentage of COVID-19 cases,” said Trudeau.

“So what we want to focus on is decreasing the size of gatherings over Christmas and the holidays.”

He added: “Closing the border at this point in time would not be beneficial.”

Later in the briefing Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos reiterated that Canada has some of the strongest border measures in the world.

The federal government’s travel advisory (Level 3) came into effect on Dec. 15 for at least four weeks, much to the shock and disbelief of the travel industry. There’s a long list of testing requirements for travellers, plus all passengers must be fully vaccinated. Meanwhile the government has eased travel restrictions against its 10 omicron-watch countries.

Also at yesterday’s briefing, Trudeau along with Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland announced that the federal government will extend eligibility for two of its COVID-19 financial aid programs, including the Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit, for those businesses facing potentially renewed capacity restrictions.

The CRA is now accepting applications for the Tourism and Hospitality Recovery Program (THRP) wage and rent subsidies through its online platform. A quick Q&A from ACTA offers tips for agents looking to submit applications.""

03-Jan-22

Trudope and Freeland u can’t trust either one. After the guys left last fall though I would go sit at the bait at camp just took my cell phone this bear was grassing in the field as I was getting close to the bait this bear is watching me and starts coming to meet me I made to the blind just in time she came right up to the door never thought of taking a close up she made me a little nervous to say the least nice bear.

03-Jan-22
That's a pretty one. Is it a little late for them to be out of the den....normally speaking?

03-Jan-22
That was September, there sleeping now it’s been cold here, anxious for spring.

05-Jan-22

Didn’t get many pics over the last couple years this one would of Been a big gun when he went into the den.

05-Jan-22
I don't understand why politicians are always bragging that we have the strictest lockdown measures around. Manitoba brags about being the strictest in the country and Canada brags about being among the strictest in the world. That's literally the opposite of something to brag about.

05-Jan-22
Was thinking the EXACT same thing, Adam!

05-Jan-22
These lockdowns do more harm than good But government don’t care there busting a gut I bet. One tag gone 3 left there is an opening for one guy May 9th also if it works better only four hunters that week.

07-Jan-22

Well the flus and Covid r running wild here me and the wife r fighting it 5 days now not jumping any hoops yet. My neighbour double or triple vaxed in the hospital with Covid, by spring I think she will have run it’s coarse till they throw another one at us.

09-Jan-22
I recognize that bait!!!!

09-Jan-22
Alexis....it sounds like you guys have the flu-rona that many folks in the states have now. Get well soon.....John.

09-Jan-22
U like that bait ey Greg, we’re still fighting that bug day 7 John ,it’s a dirty one.

09-Feb-22

I’m getting more optimistic about spring the tide is going to turn with these corrupt politicians.

09-Feb-22

I’m getting more optimistic about spring the tide is going to turn with these corrupt politicians.

09-Feb-22
Alexis....I hope you're right. Hopefully JT doesn't try to get funny again with the border.

09-Feb-22
I can’t wait!!

09-Feb-22
He lost 2 mps last two days there starting to realize what there leader is doing ,all no good for the people sickening.

09-Feb-22
Hope all is well Alexis. I feel the long awaited spring bear hunt will happen this year. Most of us feel it could be an epic spring hunt. See you in May!!!

09-Feb-22
Yes Gary we’re praying it will happen with not to much restrictions, we will have a blast God willing.

10-Feb-22

Got a couple nice cabins with showers, and a nice camper where the boys stay hopefully we will get to use them this spring.

10-Feb-22
I read yesterday that if you've tested positive for COVID19 atleast 10days before arrival and no more than 180days you are considered "recovered". As a result, you don't have to mess with the quarantine stuff or do the random testing at the border.

10-Feb-22
I don’t know ,news to me but maybe hopefully changes to the better. If I hear changes I will post.

10-Feb-22

Hancock West's embedded Photo
Hancock West's embedded Photo
Its right. I verifed with the canada covid hotline. It has to be a molecular test though.

10-Feb-22
Am I seeing this right if u had Covid and recovered u can cross into Canada?

10-Feb-22
They claimed you still be the shots but you can avoid the random test at the border. They mentioned the quarantine too but i didn't understand that part fully.

10-Feb-22

Hancock West's Link
I think you still need the pre arrival test but you dont have to worry about the random & possible quarantine. Double check me just in case. See link.

10-Feb-22
Probably be changes befor spring I would think ,hopefully to the good.

11-Feb-22
Lexi, you are absolutely right. The requirements to enter Canada today may look completely different by spring…..hopefully!

11-Feb-22

It’s getting closer Greg maybe we will get together again, still got a couple spots for spring if u want to hunt one of the top 5 places over bait in the world along the Riding Mountains Manitoba it don’t get any better.

11-Feb-22

Luv that last pic don’t know where it came from funny.

11-Feb-22
Elliot poseing for a pic with his buddy.

11-Feb-22
Elliot poseing for a pic with his buddy.

12-Feb-22

It’s getting interesting in Canada with the protests of the mandates we’re offto Dauphin for another round of protests today, it’s the big ones at the borders that need prayer and everywhere else pray it is peaceful that the tyranny ends this madness.

12-Feb-22

grape's embedded Photo
grape's embedded Photo

12-Feb-22

12-Feb-22

grape's embedded Photo
grape's embedded Photo

12-Feb-22
Sometimes we get close

12-Feb-22
Thanks buddy don’t know why my image tool don’t work for me ,can’t straighten them pics out.

13-Feb-22

grape's Link
Lots of colored bears.

13-Feb-22

grape's Link
August 2021

13-Feb-22
Thanks Greg, we’ll our Premier announced v passport’s ending March 1st and masks March 15th, what we need now is the Feds on border restrictions.

15-Feb-22

Looking like spring hunt will happen this year I have some hunters that had there hunt payed for a couple years now hopefully we can get squared up.

15-Feb-22
I hope so....:-)

16-Feb-22
JL with our PM wanting to inact Marshall law not sure what that will do for us if it passes. Me and my brother-in-law worked together for 20 years with the bear outfitting now we have parted, so I got a few more baits established which worked out great last fall.

16-Feb-22

This is Manitoba today the snows over the knees in the bush where it hasn’t blown not nice.

16-Feb-22
Alexis, are you thinking it's going to be an early, late or normal spring? Only time will tell I guess but I was curious of what your thoughts are so far?

16-Feb-22
U know it’s hard to say what spring has in store I’ve seen no snow in April and snow on top of mountain late May this year maybe a later spring it just seems like that imo.

16-Feb-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Alexis....did you and your brother in law have to separate due to political differences or because of the virus impacts?

Is JT's martial law attempt ever going to happen and if so what will that do to the border crossings?

This stuff was supposedly taken at the border in Alberta. If this is legit, I can see more restrictions to border crossers.

16-Feb-22
I decided to go on my own had to travel an extra 80-100 miles per day for one week with him and my guys didn’t care for that. We ate here one week and at his place one week but where he was located it was out if the way. Not sure what happened at the border in Alberta I hear different stories that the gun Stache was 1 mile away at a farm don’t know which one is true. As borders I don’t think anything is changed

18-Feb-22

spike buck's embedded Photo
spike buck's embedded Photo
Alex, this is how deep the snow is here in the swamps. Past my hips. A ton of snow!!

18-Feb-22
Spikebuck, funny pic. Just got a call from a friend and told me his brother was in Ms and got stuck in the mud pass his knees while bank fishing, had to call 911 to pull him out. Told him that his brother would have got out if a gator was coming at him.

18-Feb-22
U got us beat spike we use to have those bigger snows years back.

19-Feb-22

This was a surprise a few years back while baiting had a few hunters with me ,filling the bait and saw a bunch of fresh oats at the bottom of tree looked up oh no glad mama was happy.

02-Mar-22

This deer my grandson hunted hard in November it’s no t a bear but what a giant but he got one side hurt but unique.

03-Mar-22
Got 3 new bowsite guys coming from this thread this spring, one of my first hunters from 1994 has come many times him and his wife from Hills dale michigan he is looking for someone to come with if anyone out there is alone has the same problem maybe yous can get together would like to have him back once more he’s getting up in age 80 years young. There is going to be a lot of dead bears in mb this year what Natural resources have done is let the bear outfitters use a full years allocation that was lost over the last 2 years and use them tags over next 3 years above and beyond your normal allocation but u can only use 50 percent in one year That will help us from what we have lost I am thankful just about got my 50 percent sold for this year we’re running an extra week this spring the bears r thick. There will be some giants killed for sure. Pm me for info. Blessings on your day.

03-Mar-22
Save me one……

03-Mar-22

Your number one on the list but the rest r all right there too. Here’s our last spring hunt the boys killed 5 that night skinned a couple the night before.

04-Mar-22

The cows had learned how to flip that barrel to get to the feed so we fenced it off the boys were calling it a penned hunt.

06-Mar-22

Along the riding mountains if your not use to bears it can get unnerving at times even for me ,there not use to being hunted coming out of the park where there’s no hunting allowed they don’t have that fear like the ones out of the park but most r friendly. Come on out we will have some fun with the bears and good fellowship. Blessing on your day folks.

06-Mar-22
It's a great place to hunt, so if you're vaccinated and can get across the border don't pass on this opportunity, you won't regret it!! Alexis and his wife April are 2 of the finest people you will ever meet .

07-Mar-22
Thanks Don we’re not perfect but we try do our best, I can honestly say that over the last 27 years there has only been a handful of guest that I wouldn’t take back in camp most r beautiful people we had here so thankful. Right now we have 24 expecting for this spring some new people we r always a little nervous praying all goes well. Blessing your day folks.

08-Mar-22

It’s getting closer starting to get antsy to get at it ,lots of snow and still snowing in Manitoba it’s been a long one.

08-Mar-22

Only one tag left, May 9th week only 4 guys that week always big bears get harvested that week come on down. Blessings

10-Mar-22

We have some beautiful Color’s south west Manitoba best for coloured bears in Manitoba.

14-Mar-22

Still snowing in mb good grief.

16-Mar-22

All we need now is Covid passports gone and this group can get back here for there hunt.

16-Mar-22
It seems to be trending that way Alexis. Hope the snow starts melting for baiting purposes.

16-Mar-22
She’s melting today going to melt all week that will be nice.

16-Mar-22
Can't wait to get up there. Mid 60's F. Southern Wisconsin, snow is going away quickly.

16-Mar-22
Oh nice coming fast chase some bears.

20-Mar-22

Some big bruins running around last fall one of the guys connected on one just under 400 would of liked to see him 2 months later going into the den.

21-Mar-22
Keep them coming Lexi

21-Mar-22
They will really start coming in a month when I start feeding then the fun begins.

21-Mar-22
We've been waiting 2 years for the fun to begin. I'm thinking it will be well worth the wait!!

21-Mar-22

Yes Gary it’s been long hopefully things straighten out and stay for a while.

21-Mar-22
Your patience and hard work will pay off. I hope you have a banner year. Not that far off now!!

22-Mar-22

Thanks Gary ,Snow went down lots in the last while water is running feels good spring has sprung thank goodness.

25-Mar-22

At times them bigger bear don’t let anything close to the feed and the next time they don’t care like this big brown.

25-Mar-22
A big color phase, hope there's a few of them roaming around this spring!!

25-Mar-22
North bait?

25-Mar-22
I think there will be a few Gary ,yes Greg your right north bait we have killed some dandies in there over the years.

29-Mar-22

Well it’s staying cold in Manitoba a bit of melting this week the deer r appearing in our field 175 the most I counted lately , the population has exploded in mb never seen that many in my lifetime we have had some nice winters. Blessings

29-Mar-22
Cold here too. Next week a warming trend. Gotta melt that snow.

29-Mar-22

It’s snowing right now going out like a lion 3 more days April Yahoo.

29-Mar-22

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Do I get a 50% off photo credit? Just kidding… how did that photo end up there?

29-Mar-22
That happened to me before I didn’t steal it Pat said when we’re putting pics on at same time it will do that, did u end up with mine? That’s funny.

29-Mar-22
Too funny

29-Mar-22
Too funny

31-Mar-22

Well had 2 guys cancel out cold ft for the border but I don’t think it will get any better just need maybe a random test and vaccination papers, one guy had a graduation the week he was suppose to come it’s understandable when u have booked in two years ago. There is 4 tags left getting late in the game for spring but we’re thankful for who we have coming regardless. We r running 3 weeks this spring starting the 16th shooting for a week in the fall it starts August 15 good times. There is one spot left for the 23rd week or would run another week if we got a group of 4 guys this spring the week of the 9th or the June 6th week. God is good all the time we will go with his plan we may not be comfortable with it ,but we will follow by faith. Blessings on your day folks.

01-Apr-22
3 tags left

01-Apr-22
Hi Alex, I thought that they eliminated the pre-testing if you are vaccinated?

01-Apr-22
They did Steve ,they May do a random test on u ,from what I see but u dont have to wait for results.

12-Apr-22

We’re going on o get a foot or two of snow this week got to love Manitoba. Blessings on your day all.

12-Apr-22
Just think how easy it will be to spot those critters.

12-Apr-22
Yes actually bear look good in the snow but a little chilly hunting, I prefer no snow.

13-Apr-22

Dodged the bullet so far.

13-Apr-22

Here she comes

13-Apr-22
Just started snowing hard here. About 4 cm so far.

14-Apr-22

We have about a foot at least this morning, went for my first load of feed it’s gone up like 33 percent from last year good for the farmers. Still storming suppose Peter off today. Have a great day u all.

15-Apr-22

We got a pile of snow but not as much as on top off mountain they had 82 cm yesterday must be close to 3 ft now and not much melting next week with more snow showing nice.

15-Apr-22
Alexis price if bait is insane this year, and of course fuel. I'm going to go broke with my personal bait, but oh well I can't miss the spring bear season. Good luck this spring!

15-Apr-22
Thanks David, yes everything is going to hurt we will keep chugging on. Good luck for and yours this year also.

18-Apr-22

Staying cold for the next 10 days forecast says , it’s warmest day plus 5 celcius this is end of March weather not April craziness.

19-Apr-22

That’s why it’s hard to get a big color u can see in pic this one was blonde last spring and he is going to be really dark chocolate or black.

19-Apr-22

This guy is a pretty bear or is it just the camera he’s a bigger bear ?

21-Apr-22
I sure hope that snow storm misses you Alex... but don't look good

21-Apr-22
Me too

22-Apr-22

No it don’t look good we’re in the eye of the storm again, u guys will be ok maybe rain.

23-Apr-22

Just rain so far we’re hoping for the best I think my nephew has hunters coming in Sunday they hunt in east they should see some bear.

23-Apr-22

Global warming here she comes another ft or so they say, got to luv Manitoba.

25-Apr-22
Just so you know Lexi……some of us need a daily fix of your thread! When you don’t put a pic in this time of year…….my day seems longer!!

25-Apr-22

This is what it’s like around the mountain power has been out since yesterday morning 8 o’clock, got the generator going but won’t run the boiler but we’re fine put more cloths on.

25-Apr-22

Here’s a few big guns.

25-Apr-22

That’s a fatty I bet he’s 500 that was last fall.

26-Apr-22

26-Apr-22

Fun baiting lol need this snow gone before much action. Blessings

26-Apr-22
Now that's a machine... good luck with the baits, be safe!!

26-Apr-22
Keep up the good work Lexi. Every passing day it should get better and better. Spring is out there somewhere!!

26-Apr-22
Thanks, spring is coming going to start in the teens next week.

27-Apr-22

Good morning, got one tag open for May 23rd and another one just opened for the 30th week it will be fun. Have a great day folks.

28-Apr-22

She’s a workout getting into the sites we had some melting today, my nephew has a few guys out this week on the farm land they killed a nice cinnamon 263 I believe.

28-Apr-22

28-Apr-22
Great news Lexi. Nice to know some baits are getting hit in Manitoba. Keep up the hard work, it will pay off in the long run.

29-Apr-22
You must have had your phone in the tree to take that pic!!

29-Apr-22

Gary nothing moving yet along the mountain should be soon mid May should be good, Greg just practicing for when I sit up in the tree with u. This bear here we never did see in the daylight I wonder if he was white sure light color big boy.

30-Apr-22
I know that bear. Waited all week for him in 2019 to make a mistake but he never showed himself before dark. Hope he is still around.

30-Apr-22
That right u waited him out Joe but he never showed he will be bigger this year if he’s still around. Had a guy hit one with the bow in that area quite a few years back he said he was white 350 lbs, so I moved him to another spot not sure if it was that year or another he had a 250 lb coming in he would kill at weeks end and he did kill it he weighed 252 lbs he knew his bears. Maybe that last bear is a descendant.

30-Apr-22

Looking back at different coloured bears Joe u will remember the one.

30-Apr-22

30-Apr-22

30-Apr-22

I like this color.

30-Apr-22

30-Apr-22

Some young whipper snippers got to be 20 years back good times. Well we’re going to get off here for a while. Good luck all outfitters and hunters this spring stay safe. Blessings.

30-Apr-22

jmail20's embedded Photo
jmail20's embedded Photo
I remember all those. I've been fortunate enough to shoot quite a few colored bears over the years but I remember this one the most. Hard to believe that was 20 years ago.

01-May-22
Those pics are awesome. Dog gone it Joe….some year we will be there at the same time. Can you imagine you, Lexi, and me all sitting in the swamp at the same time? That would be a hunt to remember!!

01-May-22
Love the pics you bear guys post. Good luck this spring.

01-May-22

Bowsite addiction here’s a few more memes,

01-May-22

Another of Joes

01-May-22
Yes please!

01-May-22

That was one of your first times here I think Greg

01-May-22

01-May-22

One of Chads

01-May-22
I really like that last pic. Did some lucky hunter take em' home?

01-May-22

That was a pretty one

01-May-22

01-May-22

Be back in a few weeks if I last that long blessings on your day folks.

02-May-22
Hey Greg, yes that would be a blast. You can shoot and I'll video, Lol!

03-May-22
I don’t care who shoots….just being there would be awesome.

07-May-22

Gary I don’t think we ever got that one, I know some of the boys would like an update, the snow is going fast hopefully the bears will start moving it’s a different spring for sure. Have a great day folks.

07-May-22
Holy bears Alexis

07-May-22

Yes we have bears the most around at same time 11 no cubs it’s happened a few times the boys get excited. Snow banks darn near gone.

07-May-22
Awesome!

07-May-22
Nice to see the snow is disappearing up there, might finally get the baits out

07-May-22
Yes the water is running strong this morning out of the hills.

• Sitka Gear