Cazador 08-Jan-22
spike buck 08-Jan-22
Ambush 08-Jan-22
spike buck 08-Jan-22
Cazador 08-Jan-22
Ambush 08-Jan-22
skull 11-Jan-22
03-Jan-22
I just heard moments ago that Ontario is really clamping down again and actually shutting down indoor gatherings and outdoor up to 10 people. I wonder if this is going to go through the rest of the provinces and possibly shut hunting down again? I think that would be a huge mistake!

03-Jan-22
I don’t think do Steve. Quebec and Ontario are doing their typical overreaction but I think cooler heads are going to prevail.

I do see a turning.

03-Jan-22
So much effort to protect people from what is essentially a minor sickness

03-Jan-22
Canada’s federal government has a contract to buy seventy million Phyzer vaccines for ‘22 and ‘23 and they have to stick them somewhere so they don’t look stupid and gullible.

Now, since we already know they are stupid and gullible the only thing now is to let them know where they can stick them.

03-Jan-22

Old Bow 's embedded Photo
 Old Bow 's embedded Photo

03-Jan-22
It would be a gut punch if they shutdown the border for another bear season

Two years not being hunted, we are set up for an epic year. My outfitter baited his stands as normal for two years without hunting them.

03-Jan-22
If allowed, everyone hunting 2022 should have a hell of a time hunting completely unpressured bears. Should make for some fantastic stories

03-Jan-22
Ontario moves schools to online learning, bans indoor dining and issues new COVID capacity restrictions The Ontario government has issued several new COVID-19 public health measures that includes moving schools online, closures and capacity limits for businesses as the province struggles to contain the spread of Omicron. Students and staff will not be returning to in-person learning this week. Schools will switch to remote learning starting on Wednesday for at least two weeks. TRENDING Ontario considers delaying return to in-class learning for 2 weeks amid COVID-19 spike “All publicly funded and private schools will move to remote learning starting January 5 until at least January 17, subject to public health trends and operational considerations,” the government said. However, school buildings will be open for child-care operations, including emergency child care and for in-person instruction for students with special needs who cannot learn remotely. Read more: Ontario considers delaying return to in-class learning for 2 weeks amid COVID-19 spike The move comes as Ontario’s chief medical officer of health Dr. Kieran Moore just days before, on Thursday, said students would return to the classroom after the holiday break. He gave a two-day extension so that schools and parents could prepare. But as of Monday, Premier Doug Ford said students will not be in class and will begin 2022 learning virtually. Ford made the announcement alongside Moore, Health Minister Christine Elliott, Finance Minister Peter Bethlenflavy and CEO of Ontario Health Matt Anderson. Ontario implements more capacity limits, closures for businesses Ford also issued several new measures and capacity limits for Ontario businesses, beginning Wednesday, Jan. 5 at 12:01 a.m. These measures will be in place for at least 21 days (until Jan. 26): There will be no more indoor dining at restaurants. Outdoor dining with restrictions is permitted as well as takeout and drive-thru options. Sale of alcohol will be restricted after 10 p.m. and consumption on premises must end at 11 p.m. There are exceptions for delivery and take out. Gyms are ordered to close. This includes any indoor sport and recreational facilities with the exception of athletes training for the Olympics or Paralympics and other select athletes. All retail settings and public libraries will be capped at 50 per cent capacity. Food courts at malls will be required to close. Personal care services will be restricted to 50 per cent capacity. Read more: Restaurant group slams Ontario’s latest COVID restrictions on foodservice industry Indoor gatherings and indoor organized public events will be limited to five people. Outdoor gatherings will be restricted to 10 people. Indoor meeting and event spaces are closed “with limited exceptions” but outdoor spaces are allowed to remain open with restrictions. Indoor weddings, funerals and other religious services are capped at 50 per cent capacity of the particular room. Outdoor services are limited to the number of people that can maintain two metres of physical distancing. The province is ordering the following to be closed: concert venues, theatres, cinemas, museums, galleries, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens and similar attractions, amusement parks and waterparks, tour and guide services and fairs, rural exhibitions, festivals, indoor horse racing tracks, car racing tracks and other similar venues. Where possible, employers should require employees to work from home, unless the nature of their work requires them to be on-site. A full list of new measures and restrictions can be found here. The province is calling the new measures “time-limited” and a “modified Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen,” a similar model seen in the spring/summer of 2021 when Ontario emerged from the third wave. Read more: Ontario hospitals facing staffing challenges as COVID cases continue to mount Ontario reissues directive for hospitals to pause all non-urgent surgeries, procedures Also beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 5 the province is re-instating that hospitals pause all non-emergent and non-urgent surgeries and produces in order to preserve the health-care system. The government said the directive is due to the highly infectious Omicron variant which has infected Ontarians at a rate never seen before. CEO of Ontario Health Matt Anderson said a typical week would see about 8,000 to 10,000 of those surgeries that would be impacted by this pause. “We’re gonna get hit like a tsunami,” Ford said Monday. “I also said brace for impact because some people don’t understand the volume that’s going to hit us.” “The evidence tells us that about one per cent of people who get Omicron will end up in the hospital,” Ford said. “Our public health experts tell us we could see hundreds of thousands of cases every single day. One per cent of hundreds of thousands is too many new patients for our hospitals to handle.” On Monday, Ontario reported 13,578 new cases with 16,714 on Sunday and a record-breaking 18,445 new cases on Saturday as daily case counts continue to hover at unprecedented levels. Hospitalizations and those in ICUs are on the rise as cases surge. For example, a week ago general hospitalizations due to COVID-19 were at 480 and on Monday reached 1,232. Those with COVID in ICUs were at 176 last Monday and are now at 248 this Monday. The province said with such a rapid rise in cases that hospitalizations will also rise quickly. “For example, 50,000 cases per day would mean 500 hospital admissions per day, which is greater than the peak daily hospitalizations of 265 per day from last spring, when hospitals were under significant strain during the third wave of the pandemic,” the government said

03-Jan-22
Pasquale.....are they doing more tests? If so, we should expect the number of cases to rise also.

03-Jan-22
Governments and politicians are all perpetual liars ... Oh and don't let me forget the news pundits (if there are any remaining real journalist) they get hosed and shut up in a hurry ... I just mind my own business, treat kindness with kindness and say " Let's Go Brandon" to all politicians regardless of label ....

03-Jan-22
Yes John, this time around the numbers will be insane, Ontario reports 13,578 new COVID-19 cases today hospitalizations continue

03-Jan-22
I’m going pike fishing there late May. Hope things clear up by then. And good luck to spring bear hunters.

03-Jan-22
Duplicate

04-Jan-22
Yes, if things don’t "improve" I would expect the liberal government to go deeper with closures.

04-Jan-22
I agree with Tim Floyd's post, our Health commissioner in Erie county NY has compiled 200,000 in overtime pay during covid... since when does salaried receive ot?

04-Jan-22
'.... since when does salaried receive ot?

Since the first covid stimulus bill was signed into law by president Trump.

Matt

04-Jan-22
To date I've followed the suggested protocol and every single regulation to the letter.

Everybody that wants to be vaccinated has been vaccinated.

Our "off the beaten track" community got its first Covid case ever about 10 days ago. We are presently in lockdown with the virus running rampant. No one is in intensive care so far.

Nothing is stopping this "new" strain of the virus so I'm beginning to think that it's time for the Government to just let it run its course. However, I'm pretty sure that no one will want to be the one that makes that official decision and accepts responsibility for the consequences.

Supposedly, it hits unvaccinated people the hardest, but they apparently are willing to take the risk.

Our health care workers are burning out, so I think that it is time for "selective" care, with cancer patients, important surgeries, as well as vaccinated people that need special care getting it ahead of those who made a personal choice to not get the vaccine. This shouldn't include those that for some reason or other cannot be vaccinated.

The above may not seem very "nice" to some, but it is logical.

05-Jan-22
So far Saskatchewan and the Yukon are the only places not over reacting with school closures and other government imposed bull$@%# shutdowns. I am so embarrassed this country elected Justin Dipshit again. SK did not: the Liberals scored a big fat zero here as usual. I wish the rest of this country would grow some brains but not likely.

05-Jan-22
Omi will run its course and we'll have the closest thing to the herd immunity people envisioned. Not just letting it run is simply delaying the inevitable. Vaxed and unvaxxed alike are going to get it. My wife was boosted and still got it. I got it prior to being boosted. I say let it run its course but I have been saying that far before Omi. I would imagine a couple/few months and we're OK.

05-Jan-22
Rob, stop sugar-coating it and tell us what you really think! LOL!!

05-Jan-22
Rob you don’t understand one thing, until canada government brings in 400.000+ refugees a year you’ll never going to get rid of the liberal, 15% Canadian population are refugees so far, that’s the one are going to vote for them

05-Jan-22
Sparkle Socks the Clown Boy won't be running in the next election. My fear is, every time I think it can't get worse it DOES! We could end up with someone who is truly evil instead of someone who is truly stupid.

05-Jan-22
Ya you gotta love trudeau notice he had a nice big indigenous symbol tattooed on the arm he got his booster shot in. What a douche ! My daughter a teacher was disciplined because she had kids in her class make indigenous crafts and that was expropriation of their culture lmao but king dork can just wear one without a care to show how woke he is !!!

05-Jan-22
I missed that- saw his smug yap on the news this am and immediately switched to hockey highlights as usual. I will not waste another 10 seconds of my life listening to or looking at that lying crooked stupid POS.

05-Jan-22
I wish he’d see his shadow and go back in his burrow like he did when all this Corvid bs started.

05-Jan-22
I’m no Justin fan, but the health orders in Ontario are provincially driven by a so-called ‘conservative’ government. Pressure from teachers and nurses unions play a big part.

Let’s go Brandon, and Trudeau too.

05-Jan-22
Teachers and health care workers take the job in large part for the good salaries, well-paid vacations and generous pensions. But when the going gets tough….. they didn’t sign up for this. The rest of us are expected to soldier on because the politicians aren’t scared of us.

05-Jan-22
Bingo Rob

05-Jan-22
I have been on the phone all morning... I have a group of hunters coming in on January 23rd. I have full assurance that the hunt can happen as planned. Where a person will run into trouble is when they start asking too many questions to the wrong person. You end up with all different answers. Our association talked straight to the Ontario Government. She has been assured that we can have a short term cabin rental where 2 hunters will be staying. Will be transported to blinds via open air snow machines. They will be hunting out of snow Quinceys all by themselves. The hunt is a go.... border is open as always and same requirements as 4 months ago.

*** Talk to your Outfitter. Let him do the work involved with organizing your hunt or fishing trip for 2022. That is his job. Go by what he tells you. Again that is your Outfitters job to make your experience hassle free or near hassle free!!

05-Jan-22
Rob, not long ago (Oct) Saskatchewan was sending covid patients to Ontario as Saskatchewan was out of control. Moe refused any form of restrictions. This was when Ontario was doing good. Unfortunately the wave will hit all of Canada. If Ontario hospital beds are full like they are now and Saskatchewan does nothing, where will you send patients?? The bright side will be that when Saskatchewan needs out of province health care in a month or so, Ontario should have room again, thanks to Ontario's current unpopular restrictions.

But I believe we should just let covid run its course!! Get herd immunity because of it.

05-Jan-22
Rob””” Teachers and health care workers take the job in large part for the good salaries, well-paid vacations and generous pensions“”””””””” give your head a shake, Really, please don’t let me tell you where to go with stupid comments like this, I thought you’re we’re smarter than that

05-Jan-22
For whatever it’s worth we’ve just returned from a hunt in Mexico where 6 hunters joined with local guides, ranch hands, cooks, etc and during which nobody wore a mask, and nobody had to show a vaccine card, and nobody needed take a test for entry, and nor either perform any additional overreaching mandatory gymnastics to satisfy any government. This calm scene will take place hundreds of times these coming weeks, across scores of visiting groups into those southern desert ranches located in welcoming Mexico. As best anyone can tell, this program is working quite smoothly. So maybe our northern neighbors will take note and rationally do same…..I sure hope they will!

06-Jan-22
I don't know much about what's going on in Mexico, but, just for interests sake:

A while ago an RCMP officer I know got tired of the situation in Canada. He took an extended leave of absence and left for Mexico with his wife and two children. They rented a place and will be there until late spring. They seem to really be enjoying their time there.

06-Jan-22
I agree Skull what an ignorant comment !!!

07-Jan-22
Just read news out of Ottawa the health minister wants the provinces to crack down as hospitals are getting crammed. Just hoping that there is not going to be another border closure. Thoughts?

07-Jan-22
Trudeau says that its community transmission. Says the land border is not where transmission is coming from. So, border closure is not on Trudeaus mind. Trudeau is confident there are good measures for those traveling across the land border to stop the bringing of covid into Canada, such as PCR testing etc. $3000.00 fine for arriving at the border without a PCR test or Arrive Can App. Border will stay open. Land borders are VERY STRICT!!

08-Jan-22
Leaving Canada tomorrow, sad what my second home has become!

08-Jan-22
Cazador, what part of the country were you in?

08-Jan-22

M.Pauls's embedded Photo
M.Pauls's embedded Photo
Cazador, what do you expect when our leader says something like this? Did he forget he wasn’t still sleeping, and in his dream of leading the CCP?

08-Jan-22
M.Pauls. to be fair to Sparkle Socks the Unicorn Rider, he was speaking french to a different nation (Quebec). And how was he to know that some mouth breathing, alt-right extremist could translate into English for Canadians to hear.

08-Jan-22
LOL fair enough. It’s really not that bad.

I’m not making a case for pro vax vs no vax here, but a guy has got to see the evil in that comment. What’s the answer to “do we tolerate these people”? What’s next? Box cars?

News flash Mr Prime Minister, you work for us, not the other way around.

08-Jan-22
Don't worry AZ, pretty sure he'll succumb to a horrendous yeast infection.

And Joe, planning to attend the funeral, will forget where Canada is and end up in Cancun.

08-Jan-22
I'm just about 69 years old and in my opinion Trudeau is the worse Prime Minister of my lifetime.

Also in my opinion, since he's been in power he has done irreparable damage to our country.

Sadly, the country that I grew up in doesn't exist anymore.

... and by the way, Quebec is part of the nation of Canada.

08-Jan-22

spike buck's embedded Photo
spike buck's embedded Photo
Left Mayor of Toronto... Middle worse Prime Minister ever... right is hopefully our 1 term Ontario Premiere!!

08-Jan-22
I'm just about 69 years old and in my opinion Trudeau is the worse Prime Minister of my lifetime. Also in my opinion, since he's been in power he has done irreparable damage to our country.

Sadly, the country that I grew up in doesn't exist anymore."

Ken, you just described me, including the age. But your premier and the leader of the Quebec federal party both describe Quebec as " a nation within a nation" and the prime minister seems ok with that.

08-Jan-22
"Land borders are VERY STRICT!!" ---- I wish that was true lol. Unfortunately I wouldnt say thats the case, and there certainly isnt a ton of Covid moving across the border, un-tested people entering daily, etc. Dont get me started on the wishy-washy fine/no-fine stuff that happens daily as well. Its not what I'd call 'efficient' or 'strict' these days.

08-Jan-22
Ya don't hear too much about it but does Canada have a bunch of illegals crossing the border to go north?

08-Jan-22
@Ambush, BC, Vancouver área. Been crazy back and forth since July.

08-Jan-22
I don’t see the border being very strict, my cousin got back from the Dominican no problem at the Toronto airport coming home, next day she show up for work, got tested at work (mandatory test ), she tests positive, everyone in her family and her friend’s families that she was with now have covid.

08-Jan-22
Pasquale.....hope your cuz does well. John

08-Jan-22
Border land crossing no cars heading south, one in Northbound something is wrong with that picture.

08-Jan-22
Rackmastre, don't know about your border you work but ours (Land Border) want a test within 72 hours of arrival. Must have your arrive can app downloaded and filled out or you get turned around immediately. A few had the tests just over 72 hours and turned away. No fooling around at International Falls / Fort Frances.

Skull, when you enter Canada, if you have covid, you can still enter. You must self Isolate for 10 days if you have tested positive. Those in same vehicle / household, who tested negative, must quarantine for 20 days. I know, I just had to go through the process. VERY STRICT!! Hope they recover well Pasquale

Timbermastre, I think the Land Border Agents go quite a bit OVERBOARD!!

08-Jan-22
Cazador, sorry you have to go to Vancouver. Kind'a wish Washington state would make a reasonable offer to purchase. Reasonable being, they can have it but must take the residents too.

Your work anything to do with the flooding?

08-Jan-22
For anyone needing a contact in International Falls for tests to cross land border into Canada. Covid Quick Results, 1-320-250-4035. Will supply results on paper for border agents. Right in International Falls MN... Phone and make appointments.

08-Jan-22
Ambush, family stuff. Hoping nothing changes but writing is on the wall. NYE stay home, restaurants @ 50% and more male Karen’s as of late.

08-Jan-22
Stay strong and all the best, Cazador. It is trying times and only made worse by family misfortune.

11-Jan-22
Is getting really stupid now,,,,,,,,,

Montreal Unvaccinated Quebecers will have to pay a health tax, Legault says Unvaccinated Quebecers without medical exemptions will have to pay if they don't get 1st dose soon January 11, 2022 Quebec Premier François Legault said Tuesday the province would be imposing a health tax on Quebecers who refuse to get their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine in the coming weeks.  "We're looking for a health contribution for adults who refuse to be vaccinated for non-medical reasons," Legault said at a news conference, in which he also announced an interim public health director to replace Dr. Horacio Arruda. Arruda handed in his resignation letter Monday evening, pointing to public criticism of recent health measures. Quebec imposed an overnight curfew before New Year's Eve, the second time it has done so over the course of the pandemic. Have a coronavirus question or news tip for CBC News? Email: [email protected] or join us live in the comments now. Legault did not say when the payment would take effect or how much it would cost, but he did say he wanted it to be significant enough to act as an incentive to get vaccinated — more than $50 or $100, he added. Legault said details would be revealed "in the coming weeks." He said the contribution could be included in people's provincial tax filings, but he did not say whether it would be in those for 2021, which are to be filed by April 30, 2022. WATCH | 'Health contribution' payment coming for unvaccinated Quebecers:  'Health contribution' payment coming for Quebecers who don't get vaccinated  (0:27) "These people, they put a very important burden on our health-care network," Legault said. "I think it's reasonable a majority of the population is asking that there be consequences." Roughly 10 per cent of eligible Quebecers remain unvaccinated, but health officials say they take up about 50 per cent of COVID-19 beds in hospitals. Some surgeries cancelled Hospitals were dealing with severe staff shortages before the Omicron variant began spreading in the province, which seriously exacerbated those shortages. Several regional health boards have had to cancel up to 80 per cent of non-urgent and semi-urgent surgeries to free up staff to help with COVID-19 infections. Legault said his government was also looking at further expanding the use of the province's vaccination passport to businesses, such as hairdressers and other personal care services, but that he wanted to "go further" than that with the tax. Quebec premier names new top health official after sudden resignation As of Jan. 18, customers will have to show their vaccine passports before entering SAQ and SQDC establishments, Quebec's provincially run alcohol and cannabis stores.  "It's a question of fairness for 90 per cent of the population, which has made some sacrifices," Legault said, referring to those who have at least one vaccine dose. "I think we owe them this kind of measure." Ethics questions Montreal-based civil rights lawyer Julius Grey said discriminatory taxes can be challenged. Forcing people to get vaccinated could be seen as a violation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, but there are legal arguments to be made in favour of making vaccinations obligatory, he said. Grey said it is likely that Legault's tax on the unvaccinated will be challenged in court because there are people who are so strongly against vaccines. Vardit Ravitsky, a professor in bioethics at the Université de Montréal, said from an ethical perspective, the province has not yet exhausted alternatives to increase the pressure on the unvaccinated. "We still have not implemented vaccine passports for all non-essential services," she said. The pandemic has hit vulnerable and marginalized populations particularly hard, Ravitsky said, and some marginalized populations distrust the health-care system and government for different reasons. "Those who choose not to get the vaccine, that's not a homogenous population," she said. "Some have historical reasons for having this hesitation." And it so happens that some of those who have historical reasons to distrust the government are also vulnerable from a socio-economic perspective, Ravitsky added. "So a flat fee that targets all these groups the same, I think, has a harder time respecting the principle of equity and justice compared to other measures the government could choose," she said.

• Sitka Gear