Grunt-N-Gobble 09-Jan-22
Gator 09-Jan-22
BullBuster 10-Jan-22
SteveB 10-Jan-22
Pat Lefemine 10-Jan-22
Gator 10-Jan-22
06-Jan-22

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
New for 2022, the Moultrie Base is a major improvement over last year's Delta.
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
New for 2022, the Moultrie Base is a major improvement over last year's Delta.

Pat Lefemine's Link
Moultrie just announced their new Delta Base Cam. I've been reviewing it for two months and the cam has been tremendously improved over last years' cam, The Delta.

I will admit, I was very surprised and dissapointed with last year's Delta, image quality was terrible, and it had lots of issues due to supply chain problems, availabilty of chips, etc. This cam is amazing, and by far the best cell cam I've used to date.

I had three cams and they shot over 700 videos and 800 photos in two months. Not a single problem, no image issues at all, and the photo and video quality was outstanding. You can see the review here:

06-Jan-22
Great review. I don't have many trail cams, but I have an old M80 that is still working after 8 years. I like Moultrie stuff.

06-Jan-22
If I run in to one cheap later on I may try it. I've really liked the app but the camera's have been "less than advertised". I have one 6000 out right now. Bears destroyed a couple and after reading the Delta reviews I replaced with others.

06-Jan-22
Vonfoust, I referenced the problems on last years' Delta during the Base review. I told Moultrie I was going to do that and they wanted me to be transparent and honest - so they had no problem with that. The reviews were correct. IMO, they should have changed the name completely and dropped the Delta brand entirely, this new cam is excellent. It's a different camera. Not only were there no issues, the image quality and reliability was the best I've seen.

06-Jan-22
Pat,

How does it compare to cuddeback...price? ease of use? quality?

I assume cudde is one that you have tried?

Thanks.

06-Jan-22
I have never owned a cuddeback and never will. I know too many people who curse the day they bought caddy’s.

I have used primos, browning, reconnyx and I tested 3 dirt cheap Chinese trail cams from Amazon.

I’ll never buy another primos, ever. I had surprisingly good results with the cheap and wierd Chinese cams from Amazon, however none of them are celll cams.

06-Jan-22
Any one have experience with the little cell links. Makes any camera a cell cam?

06-Jan-22
I may try one if I buy another trail cam. I would hate to go away from Browning which has been very good for me..

06-Jan-22
Thanks Pat. This is my first year with cell cams. A good friend convinced me to go with cudde, and yes, they are expensive. He is very tech savvy and set my system up at my farm, linked and tested all of them etc. They work really well.

If I had just the manual to do what he did, I would have been extremely frustrated and probably returned them. I purchased additional cameras, and he knew immediately they were not the newest version software and pulled out an SD card, upgraded, set the channels and stuff. I took them to the farm, turned them on and they worked great also. Again, I would have been extremely frustrated without his knowledge. I am happy with them and if I had not purchased them, I would probably give the one you are reviewing here a try.

For guys like me with small properties who want to minimize leaving my scent around while scouting, cell cams are the ticket. I should have done this years ago. Thanks again.

06-Jan-22
If last year’s version was the Delta they should’ve named this one the omicron

06-Jan-22
There was only room for improvement when compared to last years Delta.

06-Jan-22
Moultrie has lost a lot of loyal customers in the last few years-as they should have. Their quality was less than desirable in comparison to the models they used to make. I switched to the Cuddelink system and couldn't be happier. $19.99 a month for my 8 connected cameras on my property. Zero issues in the 3 seasons I have been running them.

06-Jan-22
Bou you brought your batting average up with that one.

06-Jan-22
The Delta cam had the worse battery life I’ve ever seen. Talking 50% down after just 3 weeks.

06-Jan-22
Bou....lol!

06-Jan-22
got 6 regular deltas plenty happy with them .. suppose I’ll try 1 or 2 of these next yr as well. Every yr will be something newer and better tho I suppose.

06-Jan-22
Pat, the Boly cams on EBay offer 4G cell cams. I never used one. You can get them fairly cheap. I've got 7 or 8 other Bolys and have had great luck with them. They take great vids. The night light is a little weak but the day is great.

06-Jan-22
Yep, but bou is still batting below the Mendoza line. :)

07-Jan-22
Pat were those video clips you play direct from the app or are those from the SD card?

07-Jan-22
APauls, they’re from the app. My Ohio cams are still in the field and I’m back home in CT.

08-Jan-22
Pat I’ve been a big fan of Moultrie trail cams in the past but did not buy their first attempt at a cellular trail cam because of the bad reviews. From everything I hear, that was a good decision.

This year I purchased two cell cams, a Tactacam Reveal X and a Bushnell Core 20. They both have their pros and cons, but I like the Tactacam best. Also the price point was a real advantage.

Now that we see a similar price point for the Moultrie, and I’m a Moultrie fan, can you give me a comparison of the two.

08-Jan-22
Comparison of the two? Which two are you referring to?

08-Jan-22
Has anyone tried the Moultrie EVO? I swore off of Moultrie because of the poor quality pictures of the original Delta, but their customer service folks came thru for me. They sent a "new improved" model Delta without any cost to me, and replaced the (bear-destroyed) antenna on the original Delta, which I returned to the retailer for a refund. So I ordered 2 EVO units but havent tried them yet.

Also, I now have 3 Tactacam Reveal X's, and they are operating perfectly.

09-Jan-22
Forest, I saw your inquiry about the "cell link" system that is supposed to make any camera a "cell camera". I bought 2 of the Spypoint cell links. I've tried them in multiple locations in 3 states. Never once have they transmitted a picture. From major urban to very rural locations.... not one picture. Ever. But they should work for you if you want to buy mine cheap:-)

09-Jan-22
Pat I’m referring to a comparison between the Tactacam Reveal X and the new Moultrie Delta Base

09-Jan-22
I have no experience with that cam. Sorry

09-Jan-22
Forest.....to answer your Cell-Link question, I recently bought one cheap and figured I'd try it out. If it didn't work well, I wouldn't be out much $.

So far, it's functioning well. I'm using it in a Browning cam where I had to modify the door to allow the cable to pass through and not get pinched when closed. Directions say to set at lowest megapixel setting which does affect image quality. For $5 above whichever plan you choose, you can get up to 50 HD pics of your choosing.

Ive been getting several blanks but rabbits might be triggering the cam and I can't see them because of the thumbnail pic quality. Also, delay is at 1 minute so animals could be missed. Next year I will have it set at a scrape only or where the pics will be closer.

09-Jan-22
Being disappointed with the first Delta, I purchased a couple Tactacam Reveals. Can't imagine going back to Moultrie. Tactacam Reveal got it right the first time.

10-Jan-22
No Mercy you will have issues with Cuddelink in season 4. That’s when the cameras significantly degrade. I had technical support even admit that. Hate to be a cynic.

10-Jan-22
Guys, do all of these cell cam plans allow for turning them (the plans) on and off as desired?

10-Jan-22
Steve, the Moultrie plan allows you to deactivate your cam and reactivate it only when using it. No need to pay for a plan you’re not using.

Not sure if others do that.

10-Jan-22
Same for Tactacam.

• Sitka Gear