No Mercy 09-Jan-22
Thumb bow7 09-Jan-22
deerhunter72 09-Jan-22
deerhunter72 10-Jan-22
tobywon 10-Jan-22
Pete-pec 10-Jan-22
08-Jan-22

DanaC's Link
"Boone and Crockett Says the Use of Smart Riflescopes, GPS-Enabled Tech, and Trail Cams That Transmit Images In Real Time Isn’t Fair Chase"

08-Jan-22
They are right

08-Jan-22
Glad to hear that news

08-Jan-22
Not sure their opinion really matters to the masses.

08-Jan-22
Missouri. You are correct

08-Jan-22
Rangefinding sights too.

If P&Y adopts these rules it will create a whole new class of liars.

08-Jan-22
Totally agree, wish more were in this but it unfortunately is all about the inches and pictures.

08-Jan-22
On the cells I use it is easy enough to set a time delay.

I do use my cell phone on stand to see any pending wind direction changes, would this not be considered fair chase?

Private groups influencing this is better than government IMO.

08-Jan-22
Good for B&C.

Matt

08-Jan-22
"Not sure their opinion really matters to the masses."

"If P&Y adopts these rules it will create a whole new class of liars."

^....Yup X2. I always wondered how many P&Y entries in the past had lighted sites on their bows?

08-Jan-22
Good step on their part.

08-Jan-22
B&C and P&Y are fine organizations. But they do not influence how I hunt. I do hunt legally though.

08-Jan-22
Duplicate, sorry

08-Jan-22
And let’s not forget about all the crossbow kills submitted under accepted archery equipment pretense’s. Yep, a new class of liars.

08-Jan-22
Lots of truth in the above comments.

08-Jan-22
BC173.. I would like to see all these kills with compounds taken off the list. As a traditional hunter I feel you are cheating just like a crossbow

08-Jan-22
Gunner, P&Y publishes a Traditional Only record book. Since most of my biggest animals were taken with a longbow, I'd like to see all the recurve kills marked with an asterisk..

08-Jan-22
A guy named Gunner GPS would have the most to lose :)

08-Jan-22
I hit a 160” buck with my truck, is there a book for that??

08-Jan-22
Well.. Whatthefoc.. who is GunnerGPS?

Reading is hard for Some I guess

08-Jan-22
Thanks for the response Gunner GSP, I’m always trying to keep the ignorant informed.

08-Jan-22
Sorry GSP. U were awesome in the UFC.

08-Jan-22
I thought he ran German Shorthair Pointers ;-)

08-Jan-22
Lou (Jaquomo) I thought that range finding sights were already a no go for P&Y???

08-Jan-22
Does GPS enabled Tech include GPS for navigation, OnX etc?

08-Jan-22
^......great thought about OnX being "unethical". That would be funny......

08-Jan-22
MA-PA they are. But range finding scopes were previously allowed by B&C.

How about the GPS enabled binos from Swaro? You can click on an object you're glassing, which puts a GPS pin on your phone that you can text to your buddy who is stalking the animal. Cool, eh?!

08-Jan-22
I hit a 160” buck with my truck, is there a book for that??

09-Jan-22
No but there is an actuarial table and it will cost you

09-Jan-22
Technology is a huge concern for all hunters.

#1 I don't think B&C has ever allowed range finding scopes. If they did, it was long ago.

Each and every one of us need to decide what we are willing to do to be successful. We, most of us anyway, hunt with a bow because we want it to be more challenging. Then we turn right around cut every corner and take every advantage to fill a tag. There will always be a line in the sand, always. Where is that line for you, for your state and for B&C and P&Y. Fortunately, both organizations are very closely aligned when it comes to fair chase and tech. When I state "not fair chase" below, I'm referring to P&Y and B&C's fair chase policy.

Range finding sights are generally legal but not fair chase.

Baiting for deer is often illegal but is considered fair chase as long as it is done legally. I would personally like to see this changed but I never proposed it as a fair chase policy change.

Cellular cameras are fair chase unless you use them to put you directly in front of a deer on a given day.

Using phones or radios to direct the hunter into a trophy is sometimes legal but not fair chase.

At this point, P&Y has a really easy to understand policy as it relates to most technology. No electronics on the bow or arrow, with the exception of lighted nocks and bow mounted cameras.

You can not use electronics to guide you into the animal. This is a real gray area. Use OnX or gps to mark the spot that you think the sheep is bedding, walk 2 miles to get around it and then walk right to the spot by using this tech, that violates the rule of not using electronics to guide you into your trophy. Does it happen and still end up in the books. Almost certainly. Is it legal, most likely but not fair chase.

We have to police ourselves. We are bowhunters, it's supposed to be harder. There are plenty of things that are allowed, that I support being allowed by P&Y that I personally don't consider fair chase. I will not bait deer. I will not use cellular trail cameras, even though I encouraged B&C to soften their policy on them. I will not use electronics to guide me into an animal. Bowhunters personal ethics should be more stringent than most state laws.

FYI, you can kill a big buck with your truck and if you legally possess the rack, it can be entered in B&C. They are all about the statistics and less about the method. They do insist that it be legally possessed.

09-Jan-22
Gunner for what its worth, and I love trad bows, archery would not be as prevelant as it is today, or the growth of archery, as a sport, without the compound bow, that is a fact.

I respect B&C and P&Y, and the original intentions were noble, but along time ago, it became about the hunter, and not the honor of the animal,,,,,,,,,

09-Jan-22
The growth of archery also helped cause massive point creep, APR's, quota seasons, and limited draws. Take the bad with the good.

09-Jan-22
Jim: you are right, we have to police ourselves. Character is what we do when we are alone.

09-Jan-22
Scoot! Rocks are for pussies! I use a dull spoon and only hunt in a loincloth and only when it’s below 32 degrees.

09-Jan-22
It wouldn't bother me one bit if there wasn't a p&y or b&c.!

09-Jan-22
Technology has greatly advanced how we function in almost every aspect of life. Stands to reason that tech effects hunting. Each hunter has to determine for themselves what kind of tech they will use or not. What B&C and P&Y dictate will have no effect on how I hunt but I understand why they feel the need to draw some lines in the sand.

And as always, we are our own worst enemies with the nonstop bashing against each other.

10-Jan-22
Double post

10-Jan-22
No Mercy, now that’s unethical, you should at least sharpen that spoon :)

10-Jan-22
Deerhunter72. I agree with your sentiment.

• Sitka Gear