Contributors to this thread:
CPAhunter 09-Jan-22
Gil 09-Jan-22
JL 09-Jan-22
Gil 09-Jan-22
mountainman 10-Jan-22
BowmanMD 10-Jan-22
09-Jan-22
So it just so happens I will be in Las Vegas Jan 22nd the last day of the SCI convention. I'm not a member of SCI nor have I ever. I'm already a member of other hunting organizations don't really feel like shelling out another $65. It seems just to walk around the booths is limited to members only plus I'd guess there's an admission fee. Anyone have a work-around or a guest pass I could use (purchase)?.

My motive is just to check it out and kill a couple hours as I've never been there.

Yes I know I'm a cheap SOB.

Thank you in advance!

09-Jan-22
Not the show for cheap SOB - you'll be in for $200 for the day, and don't buy a beer inside :(

09-Jan-22
^...it's that bad? I never been to one of those big name organizational shows either. Been to Harrisburg a few times but that's it for shows.

09-Jan-22
I dropped $418 for me and the spouse for 2 days. Only need to buy one membership and a small early-bird discount.

A better show for tire kicking is the DSC Show which ended today. Do not need to buy a membership and only $25 for a one day pass, up to $55 for a four day.

10-Jan-22
Plus the last day, it’s pretty much over by mid day. I went to Vegas once for that show. Never again. Vegas isn’t for me.

10-Jan-22
"last day" as in Saturday or Sunday?

The wife and I, another friend and his lady will be there. I really enjoy the convention. So much stuff to see and incredible taxidermy displays.

10-Jan-22
I'm not a big Vegas fan, but it's a cheap, fun getaway to go to SCI. I love it, walking around and looking at all the taxidermy eye candy, dreaming about crazy hunts I'll never do. For me it's a cheap fun way to spend a day. Way better than Disneyworld!

• Sitka Gear