badbull 12-Jan-22
sitO 12-Jan-22
PECO2 12-Jan-22
Grey Ghost 12-Jan-22
JohnMC 12-Jan-22
Paul@thefort 12-Jan-22
Grey Ghost 12-Jan-22
11-Jan-22
Virtual Meeting: Resident or nonresident Colorado September elk and deer Bow hunters. Hunter Orange may be required during nine day overlap of bow and ML rifle season. If passed this could just be the start. This issue is being address at the CPW Commission meeting in this Wed, January 12. The Colorado Bowhunters Assoc. will testify and make recommendations. Agenda Item 13, Note: Broadcasts are only available while the meeting is taking place. The virtual meeting will start at 8:30, a break at 10:30. this issue will be addressed at 11am. Tune in and listen and see the exact issue, language, testimony and feed back/action by the Commission.

Consti?tuents can listen to Commission meetings through the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website. This opportunity is provided to keep constituents better ?informed about the development of regulations by the Board and how they are working with Parks and Wildlife staff to manage parks, wildlife and outdoor recreation programs administered by the agency.

Watch the Live stream! Go to the CPW website and follow directions.

Note: If you are unable to listen to the live stream live or there are issues with the quality of the stream due to intermittent internet connectivity, all audio is being recorded and will be available here within 5 business days of the of the live feed.

12-Jan-22
to the top

12-Jan-22
TO THE TOP. ANYBODY GOING TO WATCH THIS???????????????????

12-Jan-22
I'm going to try to get home in time to watch. Driving back from my wife's Nebraska deer hunt. Everybody else is too worried about Jan 6 to pay attention to hunting issues.

12-Jan-22
Paul,

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, I will be on the road during the meeting, today. I'll look for your summary of the meeting later, if you choose to do one.

Matt

12-Jan-22
NO I WONT BE WATCHING - ILL WAIT FOR THE RECAP

12-Jan-22
Commission voted totally, not for Status Quo but to TABLE the issue for the next couple of years and work with the CBA's idea of continued hunter education during the overlap. So bow hunters will not be wearing Hunter Orange for the next two years, during the Early Season Overlap with the 9 day ML rifle season. THis issue may or may not come up in the future as it will depend on the the establishment of additional hunter education and its affect on safely during the overlap. The issue of splitting out the ML rifle season from the bow hunting early season will be discussed during the next 5-year Big GAme Season Structure; planning for that starts in two years.

12-Jan-22
Thanks Paul for keeping us all informed.

12-Jan-22
Great job by Henry and the CBA. Kind of pathetic that we have to convince the CPW to emphasize "education" for the idiots that are shooting us....

12-Jan-22
We can only hope big loud booming sticks are removed from the bow hunting season

12-Jan-22
"We can only hope big loud booming sticks are removed from the bow hunting season".

Oh, they very well might be, and based upon previous CPW discussions, that will mean shortening our September archery season by 9 days. Be very careful what you wish for....m.

12-Jan-22
Thanks Paul, Jaq and all that stayed on top of this as this situation was really bugging me. Nice to have you guys around.

12-Jan-22
Good news! Maybe the poll/questionnaire helped too? I sent mine in, glad it's tabled for now...thanks for the update Paul.

12-Jan-22
Thanks for the update.

12-Jan-22
Thanks Paul.

Matt

12-Jan-22
Lot of hard work went into this by Joey Brown, Wes Mendez, Henry Ferguson and other. They have built some good solid relationships at the CPW. Thanks to all of them! If you are not a member it good time to consider join the CBA.

12-Jan-22
Lou, I do believe those that need a refresher Hunter Ed course the most, are non resident ML rifle hunters who hunt during the the overlap to make sure of their target and that there are other hunters in the field, ie, non camo bow hunters. The vast majority of these ML rifle hunters are from states that have no over lap between rifles and bows. The Commission also realizes that there are 1000s of people in the Sept field, participating as hikers, bikers, leaf peepers, etc., A refresher course should be for every hunter and can be developed on-line for a quick and meaningful refresher. As you know. There are hundreds of rifle toting hunters hunting the Early Season. The CPW just has to develop the option and find a way to make it happen. The Commission was in 100% agreement. IN the 2022 Big Game Brochure, the CPW will emphasis, the over lap and the need to be careful.

12-Jan-22
In my opinion only, if a hunter doesn't understand the most basic concept of firearm safety, which is identifying their target before shooting, no online refresher course is going to change that. It's all just "feel good" measures to mask the real problem, which is firearm seasons should not be allowed to overlap into archery seasons. Unfortunately, the CPW has already gone down that rabbit hole, and they won't ever admit it was a stupid and dangerous idea.

Matt

• Sitka Gear