Lone Wolf 13-Jan-22
[email protected] 13-Jan-22
Candor 13-Jan-22
Joey Ward 13-Jan-22
Wildan2 13-Jan-22
Shiloh 13-Jan-22
KHNC 13-Jan-22
13-Jan-22
I have several Gen 1 Reveal trail cameras. They have been very good cameras. However, within a couple weeks of each other they have stopped sending pictures to the host (ie I cannot get my pictures except by downloading the SD card manually). I have done the following and not fixed the problem: 1) Updated the firmware 2) Cleared out the SD cards 3) Changed batteries 4) Run a "test" and the test picture took and was sent 5) Sent multiple customer service inquiries and called multiple times. All with ZERO response. Which will certainly impact my camera selection in the future.

has anyone experienced anything similar with their cameras?

Thank you!

13-Jan-22
Are you using Class 10 SD cards? Not really sure that matters in regards to sending pics but thought I’d ask.

13-Jan-22
I have no experience with that particular camera. But, sounds like you've done everything right.........When you say you did a "test" and picture sent, was the camera in the woods where you have it set up, or did you pull the camera and test it at home? Sounds like it may be a possible cell connection issue where it is presently setup.

Where did you run the test? Did the camera send pics where you initially had it setup in the woods? Sounds like you have the settings correct, since the test sent a picture. I can only imagine it's not getting a cellular connection where you have it set up in the woods. May be an antenna issue. ????

13-Jan-22
You may have lost cell service in your hunt area. Move camera to new area and try. I changed to Verizon from ATT over a decade ago when local service got so bad i could not even call from my own house.

13-Jan-22
Did you replace SD card? I think after a year or so that is the recommendation. Other than that I would reach out to them for support.

13-Jan-22
they have a FB page for troubleshooting/codes etc

13-Jan-22
Thank you all very much. I brought the cameras back to my house. I did change the SD cards and they are class 10 (but I didn't know what that was until you asked!).

I have good cell coverage in the woods and at my house. A "test" on the Reveal basically is a manual code for the camera to take a picture and then transmit it. So when I "force" it to do it, it works - telling me it is not the SD card, batteries, or cell coverage. But more likely a software or interface problem within the camera. I am going to check out the Facebook page. I did not realize they had one.

Thanks much.

13-Jan-22
Make sure you check the camera settings.......maybe under "advanced".....some cameras have a "cellular" switch.......turned off, it won't try to use the cellular connection. Turned on, it will........Not sure if the 'force' transmit on that model will override the cellular switch.

13-Jan-22
I could have written that post;call Tactacam;had class 10 cards but must use class 10 U3 cards;back to working.Mine had been out since July and worked fine?U3 are expensive but I have three cameras and "want" them to work.Should be a one time purchase as cameras are set on loop.

13-Jan-22
I am having the same issue with my moultrie cell cams. Sending pics yesterday and haven't gotten a pic from either cam in 12 hours and I know critters are in front of them. Frustrating........

13-Jan-22
They way to fix this is to do a full reset. There is a small button to push and hold for the process. This happened to my Reveals and this was the cure.

• Sitka Gear