BOHNTR 13-Jan-22
DonVathome 13-Jan-22
Heat 13-Jan-22
bowbender77 13-Jan-22
DonVathome 14-Jan-22
wildwilderness 14-Jan-22
DonVathome 14-Jan-22
13-Jan-22
Is it possible to get more than one loyalty point? Loyalty points if I'm saying it correctly are the ones you get after five years of applying.

I drew Arizona archery unit 27 9 years ago and had a great hunt. Since then I've just been applying without really looking at my odds knowing they weren't good. This year I did some looking into it and pretty much all the units I looked at have point creep of pretty much one point per year. In The Last 5 Years I have not gotten any closer. Most hunts are the same some I'm one year closer to and just as many I'm one year further away from. Has this been your observation?

13-Jan-22
Short answer is "No" you can't get another loyalty point. Switching to 5% a few years ago was a game changer for draw odds.

13-Jan-22
AZ used to have minimal point creep. Not any more.

The addition of random draw for up to 5% of NR tags screwed odds. Especially top point holders. But ripple effect still shows up.

13-Jan-22
You only receive 1 loyalty point after applying for a specie for five consecutive years. If you fail to enter the draw on any given year, you lose your loyalty point. You can never have more than one loyalty point for any one specie.

13-Jan-22
Thanks, I did not realize how bad it was. I have 20 points for sheep. I ma getting near a 1% chance:)

I liked the 5% change - and it makes a bigger more noticeable affect as time goes on.

I might have to take the class.

13-Jan-22
Point creep has more to do with Point Guard than the switch to only half of the NR going in the BP only round in my opinion. That created a lot more apllicants than usual.

13-Jan-22
The total number of applicants for hunting permits in Arizona has skyrocketed in recent years as a direct result of the huge influx of people from other states. The growth is staggering and not slowing down at this point in time.

14-Jan-22
About the time I drew AZ actually had LESS NR apps for a couple years. This was like no other state. When I drew 27 I dreamed I might draw my 27 archery elk tag in roughly the same amount of time as the first time. Yikes was I wrong.

14-Jan-22
Pretty sure the class is all online now, easy way to get an extra point

14-Jan-22
It is that is the only reason I am considering it

• Sitka Gear