BullBuster 14-Jan-22
Knifeman 14-Jan-22
timex 14-Jan-22
TREESTANDWOLF 14-Jan-22
Keefers 14-Jan-22
14-Jan-22

timex's embedded Photo
timex's embedded Photo
For Virginia this is an exceptional shed. It was found in Washington County which is in the s-w part of the state. Don't know much about the area as far as large racked deer are concerned. Perhaps out west this is nothing special but for va this is impressive.

14-Jan-22

timex's embedded Photo
timex's embedded Photo

14-Jan-22
Wow amazing!! Wonder what ever happened to the deer or if anyone ever saw it on the hoof. For all we know someone has the rack in their garage that’s been laying there for years.

14-Jan-22
"For Virginia this is an exceptional shed."

Tell me where that would NOT be 'exceptional' and I'll spend next year there ;-)

Kidding aside, I've been watching the 'deer news' and BIG deer come from surprising places. Just saw an article about a 230 pound buck taken in the 'deep south', where most people believe the deer are smaller. Give 'em food and time and they'll surprise you.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/mississippi-delta-whitetail/

14-Jan-22
They still print newspapers?

14-Jan-22
I live here ! First time seeing this ever thanks for posting

14-Jan-22
I spend a lot of time looking for shed antlers and I have found some really good ones. Some of the bigger ones amazed me by their weight. Made me think about carrying those on my head for months at a time, what a neck workout.

I would love to know how much that one weighs! Nature is spectacular, never ceases to amaze me.

14-Jan-22
Do you know how many counties are named "Washington" in the US....why would someone think it`s their "Washington County". The most likely answer is it was found in Washington County Indiana which I believe is west of Indy.

14-Jan-22
It was Indiana, NNW of Louisville, KY.

14-Jan-22

Keefers's embedded Photo
Keefers's embedded Photo
Is there any guess on what this one will score. I have absolutely no idea cause I never had scored it. That shed up top just had me wondering?

14-Jan-22
No idea what that guy would score, keefers, but the mass measurements are gonna be astronomical!

14-Jan-22
Troy Thanks and sorry for the photo showing up sideways I tried to spin it but can’t for some reason. When folks see it the first question I get is “What he score”? and all I can say is “I have no clue” but I was just the Blessed Hunter that day and that hunt will always be one I’ll cherish and I am grateful he cruised by me.

14-Jan-22
Looks like a fallow deer rack

14-Jan-22

Knifeman's embedded Photo
Knifeman's embedded Photo

14-Jan-22
I have no positive location of the horns it was on fb a few days ago & I screen shot it. The guy who posted it is from va & he had shared it. I tried to go back & find it but no luck. The horns were in an article in a Virginia wildlife mag or something similar from 1986 I believe it said. Sorry didn't read the entire post just glanced over it but did screen shot the pic.

I'm not a horn guy. I'm a meat hunter. I do occasionally get lucky & kill I decent buck evert now & then.

If the shed is in fact not from va & my op that said so hurt anyone's feelings. I'll apologize for the inaccuracies but absolutely not for your feelings ........

14-Jan-22
MooseDeer! Wow

14-Jan-22
Thank you Bud for turning that for me.

• Sitka Gear