Beav 21-Jan-22
APauls 21-Jan-22
Tyler 23-Jan-22
Pat Lefemine 23-Jan-22
Dino 23-Jan-22
Tyler 28-Jan-22
WV Mountaineer 28-Jan-22
19-Jan-22
I know Australia is closed to foreign travel. But, I'm wondering if Tyler Chubb is still guiding for water buffalo for locals? Prior to the virus, he published some great write-ups on his buffalo hunters..

20-Jan-22
Covid has been hard on outfitters and particularly challenging for the Aussie dudes. Tyler is still trying to make a go of it, but has had limited hunts. He was guiding back in Canada this past fall...Covid really needs to go away so he can get some paying clients back up into the Outback!

20-Jan-22
He just went back home to Australia a few weeks ago, but we had him here in Manitoba for a little while at least after his Newfy guiding run.

20-Jan-22
I wish him well. He's an outstanding guide...

20-Jan-22

Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
Hey Ken. Still alive and still guiding. As you know the borders here are still shut. I’ve now lost 2 seasons and unsure about 2022. I ended my sponsorship with Bowsite as I really couldn’t justify making a payment to advertise hunts I didn’t feel comfortable selling with the borders closed. Since our border closed I stopped taking deposits and have just been putting names on a list. It kills me to not take deposits but I feel it’s the right thing to do. I have not run local hunters apart from 2 friends of mine in the 2021 season. I only did this as I wanted to get eyes on my concession and see how the buff were doing so this helped cover those costs. I’m hoping our borders open in the coming months and I can resume my sponsorship with Bowsite and restart my annual thread on here. Thanks to all you who have followed along and supported me in the past!

20-Jan-22

Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo

20-Jan-22

Tyler's embedded Photo
Even took a bull for myself. First buff I’ve shot in 8 years. A really old fella that was too good to pass up at 28 yards
Tyler's embedded Photo
Even took a bull for myself. First buff I’ve shot in 8 years. A really old fella that was too good to pass up at 28 yards

20-Jan-22

Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo

20-Jan-22

Tyler's embedded Photo
Put the hurt on these calf killers
Tyler's embedded Photo
Put the hurt on these calf killers

21-Jan-22

c5ken's embedded Photo
c5ken's embedded Photo
I hunted with Tyler a few years ago. He sets up a 5* remote camp in the middle of the outback; his hunters enjoy an outstanding outback experience. In the week I hunted with him, he put me within bow range of several bull as well as pigs. If hunting Australia is on your bucket list, book with this guy, you will not be disappointed...

21-Jan-22
Hope things get back to normal soon for you Tyler! Always enjoyed your threads!

21-Jan-22
I will get there. No questions.

23-Jan-22
Yes hoping I can resume here soon and I’ll run a thread again. Thanks for the support guys!

23-Jan-22
Tyler, you don’t have to be current to run that thread. After what you guys have been through I’m fine with you soliciting here and when you get back to normal you can renew with us.

I’m one of the guys that enjoys that thread too. Good luck,

23-Jan-22
That’s a class act, Pat.

28-Jan-22
Thanks so much Pat! It’s really appreciated. Unfortunately I can’t run the thread with no clients. Hopefully our borders open and we can get back on track this year!

28-Jan-22
Do a write up on the hunts you did with your friends instead. If you have time of course. Australia has always been a dream of mine.

• Sitka Gear