Lee 22-Jan-22
19-Jan-22

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo

Huntcell 's Link
No Way??? From Pennsylvania?

Its official Number 8 Boone & Crocket all time typical

19-Jan-22
Wow, shot back in the 1960's and just recently came to light and measured. What an amazing typical frame!

Here's a working link to the story:

https://lancasteronline.com/sports/outdoors/a-60-year-old-buck-is-the-new-pa-record-typical-whitetail/article_e6280d7e-7647-11ec-b91d-0f885017ff17.html

19-Jan-22
Those were the days..

19-Jan-22
Nice deer!!

I am curious what the gross score is. Lots of deductions in that rack.

19-Jan-22
Wonder why it took so long to come forward?

19-Jan-22
Cleaning out the garage after the guy died! He never had any of his racks scored!

19-Jan-22
I have a buddy that kills big bucks every year . Some huge ! He cuts off the racks and throws them in his garage. Another buddy who was learning taxidermy asked him if he could mount a couple of the bigger ones. After the mounts were done he gave them back to my buddy, who proceeded to cut off the racks, throw them back in the garage and the rest he put in the garbage. I knew several other hunters that did the same so I'm sure there are few more out there.

19-Jan-22
Incredible buck! Pretty amazing that none of the tines are broke. Then only thing the rack lacks is mass.

19-Jan-22
I have no doubt there are WR racks laying around some barn or shed. I also have no doubt there are WR racks hanging on someone's wall that will never be scored by the owner for whatever reason.

19-Jan-22
Jl, I too imagine there has been more then one world record animal who’s rack has fed the squirrels and mice due to being stored in an out building or garage. I also know there are some big buck killers that simply don’t broadcast their kills.

I imagine yesteryear, with all its demands and requirements needed to raise a family, that far more trophy racks were lost to attrition of some sort versus, racks that made it to be admired 60 years later.

19-Jan-22
Ears are droopy

22-Jan-22
Damn big! Looked fake when I first saw the pic!

• Sitka Gear