No Community forum, just intertwined????
General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
mn_archer 20-Jan-22
orionsbrother 20-Jan-22
mn_archer 20-Jan-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 20-Jan-22
txhunter58 20-Jan-22
yooper89 20-Jan-22
cnelk 20-Jan-22
orionsbrother 20-Jan-22
orionsbrother 20-Jan-22
orionsbrother 20-Jan-22
orionsbrother 20-Jan-22
TD 21-Jan-22
Bou'bound 21-Jan-22
spike78 21-Jan-22
JL 21-Jan-22
20-Jan-22
Its been a really long time since ive chimed in here but im researching for a hunt for my 11 year old son and I and this is the best place. In my search it seems like the Bowsite has gone from mostly hunting content to mostly anything but hunting.

I understand why the community forum was axed, but why are political threads allowed everywhere now?

I miss the days when Jake was in the arctic calling in each day and Pat was being chased by black mambas in Africa.

20-Jan-22
Since I won’t ever be able to go, I think Jake should definitely go back to the arctic and do another semi-live hunt and Pat should go back to Africa as well... though I’m not going to request more mamba excitement.

Likewise, you should post a recap of a MN hunt with your son.

20-Jan-22
Orion, he is going on his first elk hunt next fall but it will be a rifle hunt. He isnt as excited about hunting as i was at his age, but he definitely enjoys it. This fall we spent a couple weeks mountain biking and hiking in elk country in MT,SD,CO,ID, and WY. It was easily the best trip ive been on

20-Jan-22
Damn. I joined late. Missed Pat being chased by a mamba lol. Bet that was a good read!

20-Jan-22
PC is the new world order, and arguing about Covid and politics is the new norm for at least this website.

Getting less about hunting by the day.

20-Jan-22
Changes will be discussed in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

20-Jan-22
^^^^ No they won’t. Haha!

20-Jan-22

orionsbrother's Link

20-Jan-22

orionsbrother's Link
Nick...

20-Jan-22
I have no idea how that happened.

20-Jan-22
And I found Jake’s Polar Bear Hunt, but it won’t open properly for me so no link. Maybe someone around here knows somebody with some tech skills that could revive that thread and post a link...

; )

21-Jan-22
Just a guess, but I think the Adventure hunting has been pretty tough the last 2 years. Didn't the Canadian border just recently open? Is it still open? International travel has been.... complicated. Combined with trophy import restrictions, etc. that didn't exist back then.... more complicated.

But then don't want to hijack this into another covid thread. Just is what it is.

How about some other folks post up their hunts over the last year? Instead of relying on Paul pulling us all out of the ditch.... =D

Honestly..... talking to some guys.... too many political threads is not why they don't post much anymore. They can take them or leave them, not hard to do. Often it's the peanut gallery or the ethics police or some other tender ego that just can't leave it at "thanks for the story, much appreciated..." Even with Jakes polar bear hunt he had a few "I don't understand why people have to hunt polar bears" or some comments about chasing the Super Slam. Pat's lion hunt, leopard hunt, etc. got many trolls popping off. He's got a pretty thick hide though. =D

Wish these guys and adventures would get posted more often and just tell the trolls to sit down and shut the hell up. Very much enjoy being brought along on those adventures. And appreciate those who take the time and tell it right. Still a bunch out there if you take the time and read through them.

But..... these last couple years have not been kind to anyone WRT exotic adventures.

21-Jan-22
just look at the top 15 threads every time you jump on. I have been for about 6 months. i guarantee you on average there will be 4-6 threads at any time that are not related to bowhunting. just a fun little observation to make. it's 25 - 30% of the site these days

21-Jan-22
starting a non hunting thread to complain about non hunting threads...merica.

21-Jan-22
So what do you guys want to talk about after hunting season is over? Mechanicals vs Fixed for the 1000th time.

21-Jan-22
I suppose you would need to define "not related to bowhunting". Is talking about the border restrictions related to bowhunting? Is talking about the best cooler related to bowhunting? How about the best truck tires? How about the fishing threads or the "best state to move to" threads? How about this thread? They're interesting and informative topics, but by definition, I don't see them related to bowhunting. You could always try to make a case they are...and maybe they are related in some way??

IMO the best and simplest advice out there is don't click on a thread that does not interest you.....I do that often. If your BDS (Bowsite Derangement Syndrome) prevents you from doing that, then don't come to Bowsite. One can always start their own hunting site and set whatever rules they wish. Maybe that's the answer to those complaining about Bowsite content.

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear