carcus 07-Feb-23
carcus 07-Feb-23
scentman 07-Feb-23
Coondog 07-Feb-23
Don T. Lewis 08-Feb-23
Zbone 09-Feb-23
Don T. Lewis 09-Feb-23
25-Mar-22
The Buck 110 folding hunter gutted my first deer.

25-Mar-22
Buck 110 if I had to keep just one, I think.

25-Mar-22
Cold Steel Pendleton Hunter, but I use several different knives.

25-Mar-22
Buck 110

25-Mar-22
Buck vanguard zipper

25-Mar-22
Knives of Alaska,,,,, any question,,,,, My three set, I bought in the early 80s, and has served me well all of this time..... little can compare,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

25-Mar-22
I’ve carried the same Buck 105 I got for Christmas when I was 13. It’s seen 54 seasons and still going strong.

25-Mar-22

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
bigeasygator's embedded Photo
Rotating between a few Half Face Blades. This one is my current go to.

25-Mar-22
My 45 year old Buck 110.

25-Mar-22
Buck folding Hunter.

25-Mar-22
The absolute best knife I have ever used is the argali carbon. And that is saying something…

25-Mar-22
For years I had a Case XX fixed blade that I got as a Christmas present from my grandmother, but unfortunately I left it on the rear bumper one night and lost it.

I now alternate between a Buck 110 that ironically, I found and a homemade drop point knife that a friend made for me several years ago.

I also use an outdoor edge from time to time, but don’t tell anyone :-)

25-Mar-22
I'm a big fan of my P&Y branded Outdoor Edge RazorLite. It's seen a good number of animals.

25-Mar-22
Depperschmidt

25-Mar-22

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Cutco

25-Mar-22
Buck 110 folding and newly acquired havalon. The bucks been put thru hell and never let me down. We’ve been in more creeks rivers and streams and always comes out ready to work. Knifes as old as me and I’ve been carrying it since I was old enough to carry it in the woods. Grandfather got it for me when I was born.

25-Mar-22
Rapala Folding Fillet Knife 5" and Havalon Titan together I can do it all. If I loose one no big deal - pretty cheap.

25-Mar-22

26-Mar-22
Buck 110. Love that knife. Close second 112

26-Mar-22
Yep, Buck 110 Given to me from my step Dad years ago and have a havalon as well.

26-Mar-22
Wayne Depperschmidt drop point with mammoth tusk handle. Aside from being a great knife functionally, it's a piece of art created by a great bowhunter and friend.

26-Mar-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
Buck 102 & 500. (Shown with 503 on top.)

26-Mar-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I'm an Outdoor Edge guy.

Good luck, Robb

26-Mar-22
Buck 105 by my side for 35 years now. I also have the 102 as well when I want to use a smaller knife. I’m sure there are a lot of others I would like, but these have been my go to knives out in the field.

26-Mar-22

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Pine Ridge knife company, Ridgeline Hunter. Cross draw sheath. Holds an edge and easy to sharpen

26-Mar-22
Does anyone not have a buck 110 or two laying around

26-Mar-22
Love my Cutco. Scary sharp. Literally goes through ribs like butter.

26-Mar-22

26-Mar-22

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
I’m a bit embarrassed to admit, I have a case full of custom Randall knives, but my go-to are my Outdoor Edge knives. Just seems wrong. ;-)

Matt

26-Mar-22
Well, you got me. Just ordered a 110 for my son’s birthday on Tuesday. One for me too… ;)

26-Mar-22

bigswivle's embedded Photo
Bought this last year, Montana knife CO, love it.
bigswivle's embedded Photo
Bought this last year, Montana knife CO, love it.

26-Mar-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I always carry my Buck Pathfinder 105 sheath knife in my pack, on every hunting trip, more for sentimental reasons than anything else. I bought it in the early 70s with some money I earned trapping. I still use it some, but use a Havalon knife the majority of the time anymore.

26-Mar-22

Treeline's embedded Photo
Treeline's embedded Photo
The Buck knives are definitely solid.

My go-to knife for many years has been a Wayne Deperschmit. Love his knives! Will keep an edge from start to finish on an elk.

Last year I used that Argali hard to see how far it would make it. Did two elk, an antelope and a mule deer without resharpening…. Impressive!

26-Mar-22
Mora is my go to knife. I have one in every pack I carry. I have a Cabela's Alaskan Guide that I use too.

26-Mar-22

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
Absolutely love the gut hook feature on this knife and the orange color when I set it down. Outdoor Edge here.

26-Mar-22
My Dads WWII Kabar std, issue for a Marine. He shortened it by about 3 inches. The knife has probably been used to field dress over a hundred deer since then. Schrade and Old-Timer were close seconds unfortunately both were lost in the field either during field dressing or a pack pocket that opened unexpectantly. My brother likes his folding Buck knife pictured above.

26-Mar-22
"Does anyone not have a buck 110 or two laying around" I only have one but I do have an old Uncle Henry LB7 which is very similar.

26-Mar-22
I keep a couple of knives on my backpack. One is an Old Timer Sharp Finger fixed blade of which I own several, and a replaceable blade Outdoor Edge folder. I just like the looks of the Sharp Finger and you can buy them for around $10.00. I own a lot of other knives and sets including an engraved Buck 110 that hasn't come out of the drawer in 45 years.

26-Mar-22
I’m a pack rat. I’m also a sucker for good knives. I own several custom knives made by knife makers I really like. I bought them over the years upto about 25 years ago.

Then my brother started mentoring u fee a blade smith in NC. Together, they built their kilns, forges, bought state of the art tooling and such. And, perfected knife making using 01 steel.

So, I have a great collection of superior cutlery for hunting. From skinners to boning knives. And, I’ve kept an older 110 buck, a Ferber interchangeable blade, and a havalon.

I like knives.

26-Mar-22
I carry a Kershaw pocket knife, havalon with extra blades in my pack, victorinox 5” boning knife.

I really like the looks of the knives from Montana Knife Co. I just have no reason to drop that kind of money on a knife when the victorinox that I use every single day will get the job done for $300 less.

26-Mar-22
Mora, with a Buck 110 in the pack as a backup.

26-Mar-22
I’ve got a couple Marbles that I go back and forth on but use my Havalon quite a bit too.

26-Mar-22
Have used several over the years. Started out with an old timer gut-hook. Have settled on a Buck 110. For me it is easy to throw the sheath on my belt and always have it without it being in the way.

I started my son out with a Buck 102 Woodsman based on a lot of good feedback from this site and research of all the recommendations. Smaller than an open 110 and figured the fixed blade would be safer for him than trying to open and close the folder with his smaller hands.

I have used it on deer he has killed, showing him how. I really like the feel of it and it is super easy to clean! I plan on buying my youngest son a 102 Woodsman as well.

26-Mar-22
Outdoor edge for me

26-Mar-22

Jeff Durnell's embedded Photo
Jeff Durnell's embedded Photo
I have some sm/med Queen and Buck fixed blades and Buck, Queen, and Case Trappers and Hunters that are some of my favorites to do double duty for deer and small game because I never know what might wander by. Working on a homemade prototype now, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much yet. Probably my favorite now is a Queen fixed blade from the 50's. Perfect size for field dressing deer, and works fine for squirrel, rabbits, etc. Second one up from the bottom.

26-Mar-22
I always have a buck folder with me, even when I might carry others. My main Buck is a change blade , which is very similar to a 110 but with multiple blades I can change out. I won this at an RMEF banquet in the late 80's. This knife has been with me all over the world, and in every western state. (OK, I never hunted California - is it even a western state?_) I also have a number of fixed blade Buck knives, and knives from almost every other major manufacturer as well. Buck is THE knife for my big game hunts. Bill

26-Mar-22
I have an Alaskan Guide made by Buck that I really like, but the one I’d never be without would be my nearly 40yr old Wyoming Knife.

26-Mar-22

26-Mar-22
I got a Buck 110 for Christmas when I was 12. Used it for 25 years until I stupidly broke the tip off. Reshaped the tip and now it’s my backup to an Old Timer 70t. My dad has a 2 blade non locking Old Timer from the 70’s that has gutted and skinned a few hundred deer. That knife will be passed down to my son.

26-Mar-22

26-Mar-22
Buck 110….didn’t know there were other knives.

26-Mar-22

Heat's embedded Photo
Heat's embedded Photo
Small sample of a few of my favorites. 110 Drop Point S30V, Custom from STIC nessmuk style with elk antler, 113 S30V, 212, Cold Steel Pendleton Hunter

26-Mar-22
Treeline, that's impressive.

27-Mar-22
outdoor edge razor replicable blade knife. for fishing to elk hunting.

27-Mar-22
Havalon gets majority of the work because it is just so easy. Buck Pathfinder 105 is choice fixed blade.

27-Mar-22

This is my favorite knife, although it doesn't get used anymore. It's a sentimental piece. It was my Father's go-to hunting knife, a Buck Pathfinder 105. As you can see from the wear on the blade, my father liked to sharpen his knives a lot. There's no telling how many critters this knife has gutted and skinned.

Matt

27-Mar-22

Here's another sentimental favorite of mine. It was my father's daily carrier pocket knife. I'm not sure what brand it is. It looks like an old Case to me, but I don't think the shield is correct. Again, as you can see my father definitely got his mileage out of his knives.

Matt

27-Mar-22
Been carrying a Buck 110 folder for as long as I can remember. Broke the tip off my original about 3 years ago and broke my heart. Immediately bought a new one. Each time I pull the new one out I remember the original and have a goofy thought to the knife that " you gotta earn your keep now". ( too much time in the bush). Bought some for my fellow elk guides as gifts where I work about 5 years ago and had their names and date put on the blade. I have also been carrying an Outdoor Edge for 3 or 4 years in my pack and use it on elk.

27-Mar-22

KsRancher's embedded Photo
KsRancher's embedded Photo
Outdoor edge replaceable blade. I always carry fixed blade also. I bought a really nice (to me) Buck with a gut hook to go on my first elk in 2011. I wasn't about to use that knife until I was able to use it on an elk. FINALLY, after 10yrs I was able to use it on first elk last fall

27-Mar-22
Whocares, contact Buck and see if they can replace the blade on your old knife.

27-Mar-22
Montana Knife Company Speedgoat. Lightweight and keep a wicked edge.

27-Mar-22
In my search for steel that will hold and edge on multiple animals, I have had some good ones; cpm S3v, Elmax, BG42, S30v- to name some but my current favorite is the S90v Benchmade Altitude and Steep country.

That steel is fantastic and holds a crazy edge.

27-Mar-22
"In my search for steel that will hold and edge on multiple animals, I have had some good ones; cpm S3v, Elmax, BG42, S30v- to name some but my current favorite is the S90v "

S90V is a great premium steel for edge retention. The only steel that I've found that holds an edge longer is S110V. Both of those are a bear to sharpen, but it's worth it for a long-lasting edge, IMO. The only downside is they aren't very "tough" steels, so you have to avoid chopping or twisting with them, because they will chip. It's hard to find knife makers who will use either of these steels because they are so hard to work with.

Matt

27-Mar-22
Cutco with the blaze orange handle so i can easily find it when i set it down

27-Mar-22
The site Knife Steel geeks has some goid charts comparing these steels.

I have a Spydero folder in S110v, its slower to sharpen than the S90v for sure.

A guy really needs the diamond stones with some of these particle steels as the carbides are harder than some stones. I like the Edge Pro sharpener best.

28-Mar-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I liked this knife for caping out around the face for mounting,

Robb

28-Mar-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Then this one for around the eyes and antler bases,

Robb

28-Mar-22

Bowbender's Link
Some guys on Rokslide were talking about this one. Put one in the cart and forgot about it. They emailed me a another 15% off coupon. I figured for $60 what the hell. Seems like a nice knife. The edge did need touched up a bit. But overall I was pretty impressed with it.

28-Mar-22
Grey Ghost, that folder is a Western, says so on the tang stamp.

28-Mar-22
I carry a bench made daily. I have outdoor edges and a havalon but I like to use my little caping knife from Knives of Alaska. At home I use victorinox knifes for the kitchen table and butcher table.

28-Mar-22
"A guy really needs the diamond stones with some of these particle steels as the carbides are harder than some stones. I like the Edge Pro sharpener best."

I agree. I also have a Spyderco folder in S110V. I use the Spyderco sharpener with diamond sticks. Regular sharpening stones won't even touch that steel. It takes some work, but when you get an edge on S110V, it will last a long long time. I've gutted, skinned, and caped an entire bull elk with mine, and it still shaved hair afterwards.

Matt

28-Mar-22
I have a bunch of Anza knives.

Cool looking blades and the steel is manageable enough so that I can sharpen them myself fairly easily which I like.

28-Mar-22
My brother and I get ours from Ontario Knife Co. working mans knife, affordable and quality.

28-Mar-22
Buck 102 for me. I do have an Outdoor Edge in my pack, but always use my Buck.

28-Mar-22
Deerhunter72, fyi I broke my buck 110's tip off in a gators spine trying to severe it. I almost threw it in the swamp. I was so pissed. I'm glad i didn't because you can send it in to buck knives in idaho and they replaced the blade for around 20 bucks(pun intended) and they clean it up good(spa treatment). I have sent many knives to them to fix that had broke springs, broken parts or damaged blades. It was worth it to me because these knives had alot of sentimental value to me also.

28-Mar-22
Been using a buck folding Hunter for years. Need to find something with a more substantial grip. Having arthritis-grip strength issues. I usually just rip the sternum open when dressing a deer. Has become more difficult with time.

28-Mar-22
Basil, Buck used to make soft rubber-handled versions of some of their fixed blade knives. The 602, 605 and 619 were among those. They come up on e-bay but at premium/collector prices. Would love a 605...

28-Mar-22
I have done more stuff with a twenty dollar Shrade sharp finger, many things it was not built to do. About half the blade has been sharpened away and its still in the pack.

28-Mar-22

Bake's embedded Photo
Bake's embedded Photo
My go to is a Bark River Classic Drop Point with desert ironwood handle. I’m a sucker for Loveless style drop points with desert ironwood handles. And pouch style sheaths.

28-Mar-22

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
I'm like WV Mountaineer: "I’m a pack rat. I’m also a sucker for good knives."... Wasn't planned, but somehow my knife obsession has turn into a collection...8^) and seems I have a different knife every deer season (kinda looking for the perfect knife I guess) anyhow this thread presenter Don and I have dealt with knives before (and bows) over on the LeatherWall...

Hi Don, hope all is well... Thought I'd share attached photo of my two recently added to the collection...

Am looking forward to trying the black Glock on a deer this year...

The other I know is not a Ka-Bar, but it was a price is right knockoff and it is a beast to throw on the lawn mower deck to whack small limbs and weeds saving me from a extra trip to the garage to grab a weed whacker or pruner... It's gonna become a beater knife...

Have another coming is the mail right now will show once it arrives in a day or two...

29-Mar-22

Grey Ghost's Link
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a knife obsession. As mine got worse, I started learning about different steels, and the properties that make a quality blade. If any of you are interested, I've included a link to a good article that explains.

Matt

29-Mar-22
I use a lot of my knives. But, if I had to choose one, I go with my Browning Kodiak. I bought that knife 25 years or so ago. You know back before they were made in China. I believe, without looking, that mine was made in Japan. LIke many of the rest of you, I have a lot of knives-a lot. I collect Case. Many I won't use, and they are still in the box.

29-Mar-22
I prefer a folding knife that fits in my fanny pack easy. I hunt primarily whitetails and like a smaller knife. I field dress with a Gerber of some kind with about a 3" blade. I don't know the model but it was a career increment gift from work. Maybe my 5 or 10 year gift. Skinning I use a longer bladed Gerber.

29-Mar-22

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
I usually gut, skin or cape about 50 critters a year. Carry an Outdoor Edge swing blade and a Havalon everywhere and use a skinner made by a local craftsman.

29-Mar-22

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
I bought my first skinner from him 20 years ago, as you can tell it has seen some serious use. Replaced it last year, was starting to sharpen into the bruin etching.

29-Mar-22
$10 mora

29-Mar-22
Leatherman wave

29-Mar-22
Outdoor Edge replaceable blade knives. Like most guys on here I have a box of knives but the Outdoor Edge are just too convenient, cheap, and sharp to use anything else. I've bought several of them so I always have one handy.

29-Mar-22

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I couldn’t imagine having a hunting knife without an orange handle.

Hell, I even use orange para cord

29-Mar-22

fisherick's embedded Photo
fisherick's embedded Photo
Decisions, I may use many different knives but the Buck Crosslock PBS knife is my favorite (center), followed by a Western caper, a Havalon, a Buck 110, etc.

29-Mar-22

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
"Say hello to my new little friend"...8^)

My Vintage Utica Sportsman arrived today Don...

Thanks for the linky Grey Ghost... Yeah, it's crazy how it starts and seems to evolve without intention... It gets in your blood...

29-Mar-22
Bark River Handy Hunter

29-Mar-22
Bake, that Bark River you generously gifted me is a really sweet blade. My wife fell in love with it and confiscated it for "her" knife, and since she seems to kill more stuff than I do these days, it has been put to good use! ;-)

30-Mar-22
I’ve been really happy with a $40 Havalon but I’m sure I don’t skin near as many animals as some of you Animals!

30-Mar-22

DanaC's Link
Ermine, that's a classic looking knife.

30-Mar-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
A few more from the drawer, Lakota Hawk, a fancy Case and a custom I had made some years ago

30-Mar-22
I am with Brad and a few others on here. Cutco with the orange handle. That thing will hold an edge through an entire moose and it has seen it's fair share of them.

30-Mar-22

Here's a set I had made by Phil Wilson out of California. At the time, he was the only knife maker I could find that would use CPM 10V steel. He hardened them to a Rockwell scale of 64, which I think was a little too brittle, because I put a sizable chip in the smaller blade while cutting a thumb-sized willow sapling (admittedly, I was twisting the knife when it happened).. I sent it back to Phil and he re-shaped the blade to remove the chip. Now it's a handy caping sized blade.

Matt

30-Mar-22
Wow. Some of you sure have a lot of 'go to' hunting knives

30-Mar-22
Niche Blade Works, I have several now! Rob McKibbin is a Bowsiter from way back!

30-Mar-22
"Niche Blade Works, I have several now! Rob McKibbin is a Bowsiter from way back!"

I follow Rob on Instagram. His knives are incredible!

30-Mar-22
"K-114" would be an excellent choice.

30-Mar-22
Bowbender and Scentman, I agree 100%!!!!

Scentman, Hopefully Kelly's kids, grandkids and great grandkids all get to take this knife on awesome adventures!!!!

31-Mar-22

RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
I make my own. I currently carry one in CPM Magnacut. Did my Bull last year with it and it performed well. Other steels I like are 20cv, Elmax and s90v to name a few. Sad I just looked and don’t have a picture of my personal knife but will show one in same style. Thanks for all the kind words guys. I really appreciate it

31-Mar-22
That’s nice RJ! What are the specs on that as far as blade length and total length?

Also, thanks for adding the pics back to your other thread. That is another nice knife and a great experience to share with your daughter.

31-Mar-22
Thank you. That knife above is my modified hunter. The blade is .0150 at the thickest point but tapers to the tip and I also taper the tang to take the weight out. Cutting edge is 3.9” long and overall just under 9”. All that said that knife in its entirety weighs in at around 5 Oz All that said…. I am a full time knife maker and I am not trying to sell anything here as I am not a bowsite sponsor so this is for informational purposes only. Don’t want to step on any toes per se.

31-Mar-22
Thanks!

31-Mar-22
Thanks RJ. Do you have a website where we can see some of your knives?

31-Mar-22
Gorgeous knife RJ! You are a true craftsman.

31-Mar-22
I keep a buck 118 on my belt all fall. It was a high school graduation present. I don't like to sharpen knives so I keep it sharp. This fall will be the 50th season for the knife.

31-Mar-22
My favorite knife for years was an old Outdoor Edge Whitetail Skinner knife with the T-handle and guthook. LOVED that knife! Only drawback was it did NOT have an orange handle. (Yep, I left it on a rock after gutting a whitetail and never found it ;-) And apparently they haven;t made them for years.

I swear that T-handle was so good- you could get much more leverage and it was small and maneuverable inside a whitetail's cavity like no other knife!

Now I use one of their fixed blade skinners with the orange handle and guthook and will probably never lose it..........................................

01-Apr-22
Every spring at the RMEF banquet I get that years knife and always get it bloody by falls end. Some were great and some were a one and done. My edc is a Buck 105 I picked up at a yard sale many years ago for $5

01-Apr-22
I always have a buck 105 in my pack. Used to have a 110 too but they are too heavy so I have been experimenting with lighter folding blades. Used a cold steel broken skull last year, it started getting dull on the second elk. Will put it on the Wicked Edge and see how long it lasts this year.

01-Apr-22
Gerber Gator in CPM-S30v steel, with gut hook. Can easily gut 10 deer without sharpening.

01-Apr-22
Yep, Buck 110 Given to me from my step Dad years ago and have a havalon as well.

01-Apr-22

Juancho's embedded Photo
Juancho's embedded Photo
This one that I made a few years ago

01-Apr-22
Dang, Juan, you skin elephants with that? Awesome work!

02-Apr-22
Is my do everything knife. Hatchet , knife, hammer, skinner and survival all in one. Used on many deer down to squirrels and porcupine . I use it almost everyday when I need to split wood for the wood stove at home. I would not fear to use it against a bear in a worse case scenario.

02-Apr-22
I have a Puma Skinner, made in 1967. It's been thru hell and looks it. A birthday present when I turned 13

02-Apr-22

BC's embedded Photo
BC's embedded Photo
Have many but favorite lately is Knives of Alaska.

02-Apr-22
Old Timer fixed 6 inch blade that my Grandpa bought me 30 years ago. I carry other knives but always try to use it for something when cleaning an animal.

03-Apr-22
Blessed with many knives , but really like my OFF GRID backcountry and high end Puma buffalo hunter .

03-Apr-22
Grey ghost, I know the knife says western on it but that shield sure looks like the old imperial knife company shield,I have bought a lot of knives but I always come back to my buck 110.

13-Apr-22

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
The latest editions to my collection, new "Ka-Bar"s...8^)

14-Apr-22
Buck 110 for me, I've had it since I think 1980? Imo not a better knife made

14-Apr-22

Supernaut's embedded Photo
Supernaut's embedded Photo
I Love my Buck knives and my 110 is always on my side but this combo has been in my pack the last around 25 years and has gotten the nod 99% of the time.

01-Feb-23
Used an Outdoor edge flip& zip this year. Seems to be a solid Knife. The nice large rubber grip made splitting the sternum much easier. Loss of grip strength from arthritis & old age has made gripping a lesser handle more difficult. I tried the gutting blade but found I still prefer using 2 fingers to guide the blade. Seemed to hold an edge good enough. Gutted & skinned 2 deer without touching up.

01-Feb-23
I use to carry 4 or 5 different knives. That way I could process a full elk without stopping to sharpen the blades. Now I carry two Outdoor Edge knifes and one Wyoming hunting knife with extra blades. I carry two Outdoor Edge knifes because one time working on an elk the blade release pin broke and I could not replace the blade. I also carry my trust pocket knife, Benchmade Mediator, but that does not usually touch the meat.

01-Feb-23
Buck Pathfinder

01-Feb-23

Don T. Lewis's embedded Photo
A lot of nice knives fella’s I just recently picked up this. Mid 1920’s Marbles Woodcraft. I’m old school. I really like the vintage stuff.

01-Feb-23
I have a few knives, and general carry my coldsteel master or ultimate hunter.always have a buck 112 nearby but it seems everytime I need to gut w deer I reach for my 10 dollar mora knives. They are just so light weight and if I leave it behind its no big deal. One day I'll bust out some of my other knives, I think lol.

02-Feb-23
3-1/2” Yellow handled Case 2 blade trapper. I used it for everything from manicures to cleaning elk.

02-Feb-23

JC3's embedded Photo
JC3's embedded Photo
Can't beat a Canadian style blade with giraffe shin handle slabs.

05-Feb-23

Stickit's embedded Photo
Stickit's embedded Photo
Just finished this. My first attempt at Damascus steel.(100 layer 1095/15N20) I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, although putting an edge on a gut hook style blade isn't the easiest thing in the world to do,

05-Feb-23

05-Feb-23

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo
Had this knife since 1990. A pup chewed up the sheath about 12 years ago so I had to replace it and the old top flap style wasn't available from Buck at the time.

05-Feb-23
A 20 year old Shrade sharp finger, blade most half sharpened away. Not the greatest steel but it's always there, cost $20.

05-Feb-23

Coondog's embedded Photo
MKC Speedgoat
Coondog's embedded Photo
MKC Speedgoat
Coondog's embedded Photo
MKC Stonewall
Coondog's embedded Photo
MKC Stonewall
Coondog's embedded Photo
Coondog's embedded Photo

06-Feb-23
That Speedgoat knife looks like the paracord handle is a nightmare to keep clean. Beautiful but I personally would have a hard time justifying the price as well.

06-Feb-23
Why in the world a cord handle

06-Feb-23
Havalon and or Outdoor Edge for me

07-Feb-23
Cheap $25 mora hunting knife with the orange handle, I've dressed countless animals with this awesome knife

07-Feb-23

carcus's embedded Photo
carcus's embedded Photo

07-Feb-23
Any knife my brother sharpened for me, I can't even sharpen a pencil.

07-Feb-23
Basil, I don’t think twice about ever keeping the paracord clean. It’s a hunting knife; it’s supposed to get bloody.

Bou, the paracord is nice because it helps keep the knife lightweight. You also can untie it should you ever be in a pinch and need the paracord for anything.

08-Feb-23

A little knife can’t do a big knife job. And vice versa. So it’s good to have one of each.

09-Feb-23
Hey Don, where'd you find that cool looking tomahawk?

09-Feb-23
Thanks Gary, I took a hand grinder to an old roofing ax. And made it into a hatchet tomahawk style. Came out not to bad. I’m happy with it.

• Sitka Gear