SteveB 24-Apr-22
Nick Muche 24-Apr-22
Treeline 24-Apr-22
rattling_junkie 25-Apr-22
Nick Muche 25-Apr-22
TD 09-May-22
rattling_junkie 09-May-22
13-Apr-22
I finally made a rebuttal to MOTM, but this video is really for new bear hunters. Even if we disagree I think you'll find some humor in it, even if it's at my expense!

13-Apr-22
Does anyone remember the good old days of the George Chase over the hip shot debates

13-Apr-22
Great stuff!!

13-Apr-22

Helgermite's embedded Photo
Helgermite's embedded Photo
Shiddle

13-Apr-22
Nice video. Thanks

13-Apr-22
I remember the OTH debates they lacked was input from TBM and his tracking spiders.

14-Apr-22
Bou I do remember the tail end of that, I was just a pup.

14-Apr-22
Im so ready for bear camp!

16-Apr-22

16-Apr-22
Thumbs up! See e you early June

19-Apr-22

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
Years ago had George personally show me the shot. I didn't need to use it, but I can see it being devastating. Have no issues with any clean angle to the vitals and don't get fixated on a spot on the outside of an animal, like to visualize where I want to pass though on the inside. By "clean angle" I mean no big bones blocking things. OTH is simply a hard quartering away from an elevated position.

Pic is George holding Court over a monster, he was so fired up.... at the time I think it wound up #2 in NB. No not mine, Elio I recall was the hunters name, good guy. Took all three of us, George, Cory and me, to roll that bugger onto the quad after we backed under him from down hill and even then dug out a hole to make the quad nearer ground level. Cory couldn't sit, had to stand and I rode back down the trail to the parking area over the front wheels to keep them on the ground. G walked back. =D How we didn't break that quad I have no idea.

What a great trip. First time I ever hunted out of a treestand. And met so many good guys, NYBob and his family, Big Jon, several others..... all friends to this day.

You guys are going to have great trips and make memories you'll carry your whole lives, just close your eyes and you will relive them, the sights, sounds, even the smells (went on bait procurement with G every morning at first light while everybody rested at camp) He showed me a bunch about hunting/baiting bears and I was all ears.... every day. He kept mixing up Hawaii and New Zealand for some reason, kept introducing me as from NZ. But didn't matter to me, close enough. What a wonderful adventure.

Good luck folks. Shoot straight.

19-Apr-22
was that the trip where your bear was cannibalized?

19-Apr-22

skipmaster1's embedded Photo
skipmaster1's embedded Photo
You want it to pass through A couple inches behind the crease is just so easy to remember. The one i shot this year in Vt with my recurve didn’t go far at all and the arrow passed through like it wasn’t there. I entered higher because it was a steep downward shot.

19-Apr-22
The middle it where you measure it from has always been the wildcard with that rule of thumb. Always seemed to me like the lungs are where the lung are on about every other animal in North America so just hit them and don't overthink it.

Interested to know if you are a big proponent of large stout mechanical heads for bears. They are bad medicine for them even if the shot drifts back a bit. You can debate them on other species to the end but on bears they are the ticket. Thoughts on that?

19-Apr-22
I'll be there Jim! Bou I Iove mechanicals for bear and deer. But I think this year I want to go back to a fixed. Not because I had a bad experience with mechanicals, I just want to shoot them again.

19-Apr-22
Good job Dave.

19-Apr-22
I believe Jonah Stewart recommends Rage 2 blades for brown bear, so they may be adequate for black bear.

19-Apr-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
A Rage was definitely the ticket on this guy, Matt. He tipped over in about 5 steps, with a severed aorta.

19-Apr-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
Entry
t-roy's embedded Photo
Entry

19-Apr-22
t-roy, congrats on a great Shiddle shot! What size of Rage did you go with?

20-Apr-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
Exit
t-roy's embedded Photo
Exit
Thanks, David. It was a Trypan 2”.

21-Apr-22
I love Trypans, but I hate them opening I'm my quiver. I wish Tight spot or someone else would come out with a double gripper quiver that has the little rubberized dimples in the hood for your broadhead tip. Blades would not come into contact stayed close even when you pushed your arrows in tight.

21-Apr-22
That grizzly photo is awesome.

21-Apr-22
Wow. I imagine there is no more of a sigh of relief moment than watching the grizzy you just shot a second ago with a sharp stick.... go down. Great pic.

21-Apr-22
T-roy, that bear is gorgeous!!

24-Apr-22
Love that bear t-roy!!!

24-Apr-22

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
The rage I used on this grizzly last July entered mid body and exited out his wind pipe on a hard quartering shot.

24-Apr-22
Great video! Good for anyone hunting bears to review…. Gonna save it to my favorites to review again this fall before bear season starts here…

25-Apr-22
Thanks boys. Nick did you use the Trypans?

25-Apr-22
That was a hypodermic but I’ve killed 4-5 animals with a trypan as well.

09-May-22

TD's Link
I missed it the first time around somehow..... but T-roy's write up of his bear hunt is epic. As in wow. Even if you saw it already..... very much worth re-clickin'. Big bear is on my list for sure.

09-May-22
I bought some Trypans NC. They look like a very good head. Hopefully I'll be able to try them out on a big bear in 3 weeks.

• Sitka Gear