DanaC 28-Oct-22
bigswivle 28-Oct-22
70lbDraw 28-Oct-22
Tilzbow 28-Oct-22
Grey Ghost 28-Oct-22
Orion 28-Oct-22
Glunt@work 28-Oct-22
14-Apr-22
Will Elon burn it down or will Musk be afforded the chance to make this company profitable?

14-Apr-22
Will be interesting to see, but other than that I don't really care either way. Never sent a tweet or looked at one other than what was already posted by someone else. And even then they're almost impossible to read because the print is so small.

15-Apr-22
Maybe he'll make Pat an offer and reopen the Community Forum ;0)

15-Apr-22
MSM outlets are absolutely loosing it about Elon's plan A and plan B. Shareholders made a good chunk since Musk has come on board. Down little after he said he may not be able to pull it off. Hard to think the board would not sell it for 54-60share. Without Orange Man on Twitter it will never make 70 share again under current management.

15-Apr-22
If he’s going to open it up to free speech vs holding the liberal party line, I hope he ends up owning it. I’ve never been on it and likely never will, ditto farcebook and all the others like that. This and a few other shooting/hunting forums are my social media.

15-Apr-22
If they dilute their shares by selling off shares cheaply to impact his influence and controlling vote. That also harms the company. So win win. So either way it’s the beginning of the end for twitter controlling what content the sheep see.

15-Apr-22
That should happen to Farcebook too.

15-Apr-22

Shaft2Long's embedded Photo
Shaft2Long's embedded Photo
Anybody see that all of the sudden the DOJ and SEC have launched a joint investigation into Musk surrounding his Tesla stock? A deliberate attempt by our Government to shut this guy down because he wants a free speech platform. I don’t know how we get this back under control.

Another share holder has also stepped in and purchased more shares so Elon isn’t the largest holder anymore.

What ever happens I love the Boss move that musk made by stepping in like this.

15-Apr-22
The market doesn't seem to think the deal will go down. Twitter stock price actually fell almost 2% after Musk announced his offer. I think Musk's plan B is to sell his shares for a tidy 15%, or so, gain, if his plan A doesn't work.

Matt

15-Apr-22
I would love to be a fly on the wall if they did sale. All the little snow flakes would just instantly melt.

On the other side if it did sale how in the world would he get all the snowflakes out. Walk around asking folks are you a snowflakes? The ones that have a melt down over being asked would be fired on the spot.

15-Apr-22
He may be the biggest sole share holder, but he doesn't control squat, there is a group, that is combined over 30%, that group is essentially a single unit as they all own each others stock, and twitters, and tesla.

None of them will do anything to tank any of their major holdings. Money first for those guys.

Musk will NOT own twitter, but he can be a major influence.

15-Apr-22
The Board has a legal requirement to sell as a fiduciary to shareholders as I understand it.If he sells it will tank the stock.

I think this is the best way to control social media and free speech.It will change it all or they will fail continuing biased censorship and election interference.People are sick of it.Let the free market handle it not the Government.

15-Apr-22
As I understand it, the board has no fiduciary obligation to accept Musk's offer, if it finds that the offer is not in the best interest of the company. The Business Judgement Rule gives the board a wide latitude to make that determination.

The other issue is Musk would have to finance the purchase, somehow. He only has $3 billion in available cash according to Bloomberg. The other $40 billion would have to be financed either thru selling Tesla shares or borrowing the money. I'm sure he could come up with the cash, but does it make financial sense? I'm not so sure.

IIt will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Matt

15-Apr-22
Twitter is uncomfortable being called out by someone like Elon who isn't an easy target for the left.

So, I'm glad he's making waves. His point is allow free speech and be transparent about what content gets promoted and what gets censored. Normal people don't see that as controversial.

15-Apr-22
He should spend what it takes to plant malware into all of them. Twitter, Facebook, Faceplant. What ever the other platforms practicing Marxism are.

Zero day their A$$ There is no such thing as a firewall from nation states any longer. So I’m sure he could get it done too.

15-Apr-22
No,? Twitter stock rose substantially upon Musks reveal he purchased a huge stake. The stock fell when the Board refused his offer of 54.00 share to buy it. Musk purchase took twitter from a Cap of 29 Billion to a 40 Billion cap. Not sure where you get Twitter lost $ after Musk told the world he bought the stake?

To my thinking, if you took half a truckload why not take the whole thing? So, Twitter board says they will devalue stock for major shareholders (sell it on cheap to current shareholders) if Musk buys more than 15% of Company. OK, fine. I think that is what you"ll see. Musk grab a bunch of big boys in Tesla, his Aerospace and Sat constellation and each purchase it in small 10-12% chunks and if he so desires and complete the Takeover.

Take a look at Twitter from 2015 to today. Really crappy managed company. Lost what, 20% over that time.

15-Apr-22
The sale will not happen. So many bad takes and misinformation on this thread it is hilarious.

15-Apr-22
It must be a good thing all the liberals are apoplectic

15-Apr-22
I see now the Twitter board did the "poison pill"

15-Apr-22
I wish he'd buy a few fighter jets instead and smoke Russia's arse!

16-Apr-22
Twitter BOD opened itself to massive lawsuits due to fiduciary obligations of its shareholders. The entire BOD actually owns just 77 shares of stocks. Their poison pill to prevent Musk from buying the company hurts the majority shareholders.

Link: https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/04/16/twitter-board-of-directors-own-almost-no-shares-of-stock-in-company-elon-musk-notes-their-economic-interests-are-simply-not-aligned-with-shareholders/

Twitter Board of Directors Own Almost No Shares of Stock in Company, Elon Musk Notes “their economic interests are simply not aligned with shareholders”

In the ongoing public battle over Twitter as a speech platform, one actual user of Twitter, Chris Bakke, wanted to see who exactly these Board of Directors are, who are attempting to stop Elon Musk from purchasing it.

Chris Bakke then noted how little of the actual stock is owned by the company’s Board of Directors. Sans Twitter Founder Jack Dorsey, the combined ownership of the entire board equates to 77 shares of stock, worth around $3,200 bucks.

The Board of Directors [SEE BoD LINK HERE] consists of academics, tech executives, business and policy wonks, and a random baroness who doesn’t even use the service. These are the people who are making fiduciary decisions for all Twitter stock owners without any financial stake in the decisions they make for the company...

continued at link

16-Apr-22
Twitter Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) has announced that that Taliban spokesmen will be able to maintain accounts on its social media platform.

Ex president of US is banned from Twitter.

WoW!

17-Apr-22
I'd be in favor of opening it to all, with the rule that nobody can block others from their threads.

17-Apr-22
Rocky- Twitter is a private company. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with it. Sure seems many “conservatives” were outraged with Kaepernick. Trump even said to fire him over his freedom of speech. Both the Twitter censorship and Kaepernick kneeling have underlying similarities with free speech. Both Trump and Kaepernick have a right to express themselves but Twitter and the NFL have a right to ban/fire them.

Either private companies have to right to run their companies they way they want or the government interferes. Which is it?

Shouldn’t the free market settle this?

I do get your point but it seems there is hypocrisy on both sides on this issue.

17-Apr-22
That would be a nice if were true. Twitter went Public many years ago. This is how you have Public shareholders and how it's on the Big Board on the Street. You must be confused with how the Left is describing "Musk wants to take TWTR private"

Twitter had and has massive issues. Both from a disconnected board and shareholders who may have their shares devalued which may in fact be even be legal.

To muddy the waters a little more it is reported Vanguard just bought a huge stake in the company. This company maybe torn up in a fight between large stake holders who fight for or against free speech. Either way it goes the little blue bird is not going to fly as it did in the past.

17-Apr-22

KSflatlander's Link
Being publicly traded does not make it subject to the 1st amendment. If it’s not the government it’s in the “private” sector…publicly traded or not.

17-Apr-22
Its a Public Company period. If its Traded and subject to rules and regs on the Street for all intensive purposes its a Public Company. Free speech lies some where for pundits a lawyers to figure out, I agree.

17-Apr-22
The comparison to Kapaernick is flawed. Try again.

17-Apr-22
I think Musk is just blowing smoke, like he did when he claimed he was going to take Tesla private. He's already walking back his offer, claiming “I am not sure that I will actually be able to acquire it.”

Matt

17-Apr-22
People on here laugh at conspiracy theories yet when the government interferes with Musk nobody finds that odd. So no conspiracy theory involved with Covid but the government not wanting free speech no big deal? This deal could never happen simply because the government doesn’t want it to period.

17-Apr-22
Spike, exactly how is the government interfering with Musk?

Matt

17-Apr-22
Not sure the guy who puts his satellite constellation bandwidth on loan to a nation fighting for its very existence, builds the best electric vehicle on the planet and builds his own space program makes a habit of Blowing Smoke.

He is a Private person and if he should chose to purchase this Company there are several ways he could do it. The threat by TWTR to sell devalued stock to current large stakeholders is probably not even legal on the Street. Takeovers happen all the time. Dorsey was no fool be step aside as he knew the wheels would eventually would roll off or into deep mud. Which, they apparently have done so to speak.

17-Apr-22

spike78's Link
Well Matt the former Chairman of the SEC sure thinks so but maybe you are correct because they fought so hard to suppress free speech so they must want to give it up now without a fight. A couple billion to Twitter would sure fix that problem or maybe some threats idk. Eh never mind the government has never threatened anyone so I’m just talking crazy ;)

17-Apr-22
Musk has since accused the SEC of harassing him with "roving and unbound" investigations, in a bad-faith effort to punish him for criticizing the government and exercising his constitutional right to free speech under the First Amendment. Yeah your right I guess they will just stop now.

17-Apr-22
“Its a Public Company period. If its Traded and subject to rules and regs on the Street for all intensive purposes its a Public Company. Free speech lies some where for pundits a lawyers to figure out, I agree.“

Obviously you don’t understand the the 1st amendment or the difference between a publicly trade company and the government. The SCOTUS defined “we the people” as me, you, and corporations.

17-Apr-22
Are FB, Twitter, Instagram and MSM big enough to influence the outcome of an election in a free country?

Don't forget, each one of these companies were started by one or a handful of like minded individuals that still wield substantial power within them. Do you believe it's ok (left or right) for so few to make decisions for the rest? Like Dorsey or Zuckerberg?

Extreme power always yields corruption and eventually subjugation to an ideology or economic penalty. Money earns power and power earns money. And together they run rough shod over the rights and benefits of the underlings.

Don't expect less of Musk (eventually).

No entity should ever be allowed to grow to a position of total domination in it's arena.

17-Apr-22
When KS, you say You I will address that as referring to myself.

In Spikes article above when the SEC chairman referred to GVT, his context is "this current GVT". Not quite sure how Shadow Banning people of different color or stripes benefits anyone one way or the other except to further divide people.

Its very rare to see an guy of Elon's standing in the world to fight for the little guy, the guys without a voice, the oppressed. For him to even care about what SM is doing to our country and the world in the broader perspective is unheard of in people of his means. It gives many hope that the playing field can be leveled in the Twtr and Meta Sphere.

17-Apr-22
Your post or Spikes article still do not change the fact that publicly traded private (non-government) companies can ban others from their services as long it is not discrimination of a protected class.

It is a free market. Start your own social media company that doesn’t ban Trump. Which is exactly what Trump is trying to do. I thought conservatives wanted smaller government and a free market?

17-Apr-22
Ok Guy, now I see. Its 45 who your afraid of coming back to TWTR but not the private citizens who are shadow banned and not the TWTR algorithem's that do not equally share the message to their following and connections. How does this benefit anyone other than the side who says "its mine to do with what I want". Which is for a lack of a better analogy "i will take my ball and go back home".

17-Apr-22
Rocky- you never answered the question.

Chunky- I could care less about Trump and Twitter. I don’t use Twitter, Facebook, or any of the other social medias. Personally, I think they are all a net negatives to society. Your assertion that banning Trump from Twitter is somehow equivalent 1st amendment rights in the public domain is way off.

17-Apr-22
the Musk offer and subsequent hand wringing is a glaring example of hoe Free Speech in the US is effectively dead on many of the mass media outlets.

We are effectively so polarized that to entertain another contrary opinion gets a blood curdling shriek.

I applaud Musks attempt…..just like I was happy when he showed the CA gov Newsome what an idiot he is.

17-Apr-22
Musk has since accused the SEC of harassing him with "roving and unbound" investigations, in a bad-faith effort to punish him for criticizing the government and exercising his constitutional right to free speech under the First Amendment. Yeah your right I guess they will just stop now.

17-Apr-22
Regardless if Elon gets it or not, just by trying he is showing the world how biased the media is in America is. Now that he is looking for allies chances are eventually he'll get it. Then the left in this country including the media will see what free speech is.

17-Apr-22
This business model will not do well going forward. Musk and a partnership could turn this around. That BOD is not dealing in shareholders best interests or should I say the vast majority them anyway.

18-Apr-22
From my perspective the more important issue missed in private company vs government discussion is the status of Twitter and other platforms under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996. In simplest terms Twitter and others have declared themselves legally into the same category of public telecommunications companies (ie your phone company). In doing so they are simply a conduit or forum for whatever their users say rather than being content owners/moderators. It is a huge distinction in the law because it means the company is not currently liable for the harm content may cause. When the platform starts moderating content beyond what the law requires and starts into issue advocacy then those lines begin to blur creating a question of whether the platform truly is an open forum or is actually responsible for the content. If these companies lost that immunity they would almost immediately cease to exist from the flood of lawsuits claiming damages from the content (imagine if anyone who gets flamed can sue for damages and you get the idea). Right now they play a very narrow line trying to suppress content the employees or board members don't like for whatever reason while continuing to claim public utility protections. Musks actions are highly likely to push this issue to the forefront regardless should he succeed.

18-Apr-22
Yes Burt are friend from KS turned toward GVT while he was Triggered by the thought of 45 coming back to TWTR. I would agree section 230 and internet SM sites are not compatible. This protection will likely be modified in 2023. To much protection and not a level playing field for folks who have been damage by the Big Tech companies.

Was very telling to hear Dorsey come out and criticize the BOD for even mentioning the Poison Pill and devaluing TWTR stock.

18-Apr-22

RonP's embedded Photo
RonP's embedded Photo

18-Apr-22

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
4nolz@work's embedded Photo

18-Apr-22
So now Twitter can/could 'rig elections' ????

Damn, that's power.

18-Apr-22
Dana, if not for a concerted effort on the part of Big Media, DT would be your president right now. So, I guess the short answer to your question is "Yes."

18-Apr-22
We have seen the power of Twitters editing the message; pushing the false Trump/ Russia collusion …and claiming Hunters laptop was Russian fake news, for example. One study had 16% of voters changing their vote if they knew this stuff was real.

Thats a powerful platform.

Man are the liberal Dems afraid of Free Speech…now the DOJ is investigating Musk…thats how corrupted the Biden admin is….investigating a guy for wanting free speech. Sickening how far we have fallen.

18-Apr-22

spike78's Link
Thanks Beendare for being this to my attention boy that didn’t take long I almost thought Grey Ghost may have been correct. Oh Matt?

18-Apr-22

ChuckY's Link
Better yet look what Jack says.

18-Apr-22
Oh Spike? The DOJ investigation into SpaceX's hiring practices started over a year ago, long before Musk's recent attempt to acquire Twitter.

Here's why I think the board will reject Musk's offer. First, they implemented the "poison pill" strategy shortly after Musk made his offer public. That, in itself, means the board isn't in favor of the acquisition.

Second, Musk's offer is 26% below Twitter's 52-week high share price. There are over 1700 individual and institutional investors in Twitter. If it goes private, only 500 investors could typically remain as shareholders. That means a lot of investors would be forced to accept Musk's $54/share offer. Many of them are likely to have a cost basis is their shares that is higher than Musk's offer, so they would be forced to take losses, with no other recourse, other than possible lawsuits.

Lastly, compared to its peers, Twitter is a loser of a company. Their net profits are a negative 4.36%, compared to Facebook's positive 33%, for example. And their user base is tiny compared to FB (400 million for Twitter, 3 billion for FB). Musk's acquisition might gain a few users, but I suspect many would also drop out. Since Musk will have to finance this acquisition, most likely by leveraging Tesla stock, he'd be throwing good money at bad. Tesla's stock price would tank, IMO. Of course, none of that may matter to Musk. This is a political deal for him, not a financial one. He's even stated so.

I have no dog in this hunt besides general curiosity. I don't use any of the common social media platforms. Personally, I'd like to see all of them go away. Life was much better without them, IMO.

Matt

18-Apr-22
Dorsey knew TWTR was falling. Guess you did not read the article above. This company is a bust in its current form and management. But. . . . in Musk's pocket this company could easily run to 100/share or more. The one and only reason TWTR had those highs near 80/share was because of 45. Look at the dates. Right at the last days of 45 policies Mid Jan 2021 . . . . .

Musk could take this dog and merge 45's Truth Social into it and it would sell for 150/share. Just putting him back on would really bring out the new age woke people in huge numbers. Yes, Elon knows exactly what he's doing and TWTR BOD would do well to let him have it. Section 230 code will get changed in 2023 quite possibly and this dog will never hunt again .

18-Apr-22
Twitter shares were still trading north of $65/share in Oct of 2021. Pretty hard to claim 45 had anything to do with that. Like I said, Musk's acquisition would leave a lot of Twitter investor bag holders. And, since the company would be private, very few investors would realize any gains from a Musk-owned Twitter.

Now, I see there is a private equity firm hinting at countering Musk's offer. My prediction is all this chatter and speculation will run the share price up to around $55. At which point, Musk will dump his shares for roughly a 40% gain, then laugh all the way to the bank while Twitter's stock price tanks.

Matt

18-Apr-22
If I were Musk I would just sell my shares and let everyone know it and the stock would dump and give a big FU.

18-Apr-22
Musk has just announce if his bid/offer succeeds the BOD will receive zero in pay, saving of 3 million dollars. Which would seem to indicate they would receive stock options in compensation. This is a very shrewd concept and to reveal this publicly is very cunning. It also tells just how serious he is in obtaining this company.

Rogan weighs in on Musks offer.

My thinking if he was was going to take his profit and head to the cashier he would have done so when BOD invoked devalued stock options for preferred shareholders. This drama like Mr Rocky has said will happen slowly under a carefully adapted plan.

Under 45 TWTR did very well but after and before TWTR did very poorly. Down 18% from the end 2014 to today. Most of the real gains were realized during 45's admin, take that away and the Musk bump you have a good money down the rabbit hole.

19-Apr-22
Looks like the Equity firm Apollo (look them up) wants in on the TWTR buy out / takeover. Wonder if they have talked to Musk? looks like this may happen.

19-Apr-22

ChuckY's Link
a very interesting development in the TWTR saga. No sign of Elon running away from his purchase.

25-Apr-22
Its somewhat uncharted ground but social media sites have a shelf life. My kids poke fun at Facebook because it's for Boomers. Maybe in 10-15 years Twitter takes a back seat to something new. I would likely sell while it's hot if the number is right. I watched a guy pass up millions on a small business he started in his garage because he bet his next product would be just as big. Technology in the industry changed and he rode it down below zero.

25-Apr-22
Done deal.

25-Apr-22
Looks like crow for supper for a few on here!

25-Apr-22
Great news for sure.

25-Apr-22
Money talks. Always has. And, always will when it comes to selling out. At way higher then you bought in.

25-Apr-22
"The sale will not happen. So many bad takes and misinformation on this thread it is hilarious.".....Matt

Still laughing Matt? You like your crow medium of well done?

25-Apr-22
It will be shocking if Musk actually takes TWTR private, crow for dinner. I thought for sure his investment was activistic in nature (akin to when he tweeted about taking TSLA private and that never materialized) and his initial offer did not appear to be bonafide based on premium/lack of committed financing. Seemed even more unlikely once alternative bids were rumored coupled with the adoption of the poison pill package.

Edit: Woods Walker, just saw your last comment. My career involved providing financing for acquisitions of public companies, so I have insight into how these transaction traditionally evolve that most posters on this board lack. Like I said above, I am really surprised this deal has legs as it did not go down in a standard or even professional manner. Elon Musk's success has come in part from being unconventional, so kudos to him if he ends up pulling this off. I think it will be for the good.

25-Apr-22
Yes

25-Apr-22
LOL! All it took was 3 words Matt.....I WAS WRONG.

But like so many other "experts" here, you're not capable of that. Not laughing now, huh?

25-Apr-22
The left is already having a meltdown. I bet the ocean rises four feet from all the snowflakes melting.

25-Apr-22
I wonder if I get un banned?

25-Apr-22
Does this mean we could see "mean tweets" again?

25-Apr-22
I’m happy if it’s a done deal but I’m not exactly sure if it’s a good deal for Musk. That’s ALOT of coin!!!!

25-Apr-22
Now some other rich bastard has to buy or start a ESG free bank. Biggest scam plaguing our world today.

25-Apr-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Powerball is at 421 million currently. Just to put into perspective you would have to win that more than 100 times. Not pay taxes and powerball actually payout full amount. To have what musk is paying for tweeter.

25-Apr-22
Trump says he won't be back on Twitter.

Going to stick with his own TRUTH Social.

25-Apr-22
Well no kidding. Trump has a lot riding on the platform he created.

He will eventually be back though. I would be my bottom dollar on that

25-Apr-22
They should’ve been concerned with their mental health a loooong time ago! They’re late to that party.

Taking bets on truth social merging with twatter?

25-Apr-22
Well the woke-ies can be happy about one thing....twitter is now owned by an AFRICAN AMERICAN! Let's hear if for equity!!!!

26-Apr-22

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo

26-Apr-22

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo

26-Apr-22
"In May 2018, Musk and Canadian musician Grimes revealed that they were dating.[419][420][421] Grimes gave birth to their son in May 2020.[422][423] According to Musk and Grimes, his name was "X Æ A-12"; however, the name would have violated California regulations as it contained characters that are not in the modern English alphabet,[424][425] and was then changed to "X Æ A-Xii". This drew more confusion, as Æ is not a letter in the modern English alphabet.[426] The child was eventually named "X AE A-XII" Musk, with "X" as a first name, "AE A-XII" as a middle name, and "Musk" as surname.[427] Musk confirmed reports that the couple are "semi-separated" in September 2021; in an interview with Time in December 2021, he said he was single.[428][429][430] In March 2022, Grimes said of her relationship with Musk: "I would probably refer to him as my boyfriend, but we're very fluid." She further revealed that their first daughter, Exa Dark Sideræl Musk, nicknamed Y, was born in December 2021..."

(From Wikipedia) (which Musk may buy next week...) (can't make this stuff up...)

26-Apr-22
So what your saying Dana is your poor whittle snowflake is melting

26-Apr-22
I wonder if he isn't planning ahead for the Democrats "wealth tax" plans.

If the value of twitter goes down (and with the current marginal tax rates at 37%) the government would end up covering 37% of every dollar in value that it drops. And since it will be privately held, Musk has pretty wide latitude in manipulating what it's value is. It's easy to play games with that. He could create a "wealth loss" of whatever he wants. Sell 1 share at $1 and that's it's new value.

It gets even better if marginal tax rates go up. The dems would love to return the highest marginal tax rates to 70-90%. If they did that and passed the wealth tax then the government would be basically insuring every investment made by the very rich. It would reduce their % at risk to 10 - 30%. Pretty good deal if, for every million bucks you invest, you are only risk for $100 grand.

26-Apr-22
It's been a great meme day!

26-Apr-22
Scrappy, all I'm 'saying' is that this guy is kind'a 'out there' ;-)

26-Apr-22
Wow Did you get that off Twitter or Bitter? Glu

Shawn (Glu) - read to the bottom, it's off Wikipedia ;-)

26-Apr-22
The Twitter lawyer that did some of the editing; Hunter laptop, Trump, etc....broke down crying on a video chat today- she knows she is GONE!!!

Maybe the 1619 foundation needs another $250k a year woke attorney.

Musks Tweet today said it all,

"Suspending the Twitter account of a major news organization for publishing a truthful story was obviously incredibly inappropriate" 2:56 PM · Apr 26, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

27-Apr-22

kentuckbowhnter's embedded Photo
kentuckbowhnter's embedded Photo

27-Apr-22
Twitter is no doubt a giant cess pool but I gotta say, I miss some of 45s mean tweets, even though he’s his own worst enemy on Twitter.

27-Apr-22

Norseman 's embedded Photo
Norseman 's embedded Photo

27-Apr-22
He already said he was going to turn the headquarters into a homeless shelter since none of them show up to work anyway. Guaranteed it moves to a more tax friendly business state.

27-Apr-22
Darn sure WON'T be Illinois then!

27-Apr-22

KSflatlander's embedded Photo
KSflatlander's embedded Photo
I just looked at the POTUS Twitter 5 minutes ago and it says 21.5 million. I smell Magyar fake news. Azelkhntr and Shawn should move in together.

28-Apr-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

28-Apr-22
It would be refreshing if Twitter isn't controlled by the leftist like Facebook and 90% of the main stream media.

28-Apr-22
And they thought Jan 6 was an "insurrection"! They keep this s**t up and Jan 6 will seem like a love-in.

30-Apr-22
Interesting development, the lead atty responsible for dumping Trump, the NY Post, Zero Hedge and deleting references to Hunters Laptop to influence the election Victoria Gadde broke down in tears after Musks buyout was announced.

No wonder, NY Post reports she made $17m last year. It looks like she will get a $12.5m severance….plus stock.

Its pretty lucrative being a liberal progressive that plays the way the Democrats like. .

09-Jul-22

Matt's Link
Looks like Musk has backed out of the agreement to buy Twitter. Who could possibly have predicted this (spoiler alert: not Woods Walker)?

It will be interesting to see whether Musk is required to pay the $1B break-up fee. While the reversal was based on his belief that there was an excessively high % of fake accounts, it was reported he already waived diligence so the result could not have been used as a basis for terminating the tender offer.

If anyone was watching the divergence from the tender price to the actual share price since Musk made the offer, it would have been clear the street felt there was a high probability the deal would not go through. In most acquisitions, the target share price approaches and stays very close to the tender price once the acquisition is announced until consummation. When the actual share price is significantly below the tender price, it generally means the market is ascribing a high level of doubt the transaction will actually close. TWTR closed at $36.81 yesterday as compared to a $54.20 tender price (~30% discount to the tender price).

09-Jul-22
I like this take on it - "Somewhere, probably in their mothers' basements, the CEOs of Gab and Parler are mopping their brows in relief."

09-Jul-22
Give me a little bit of odds and I'd take this is not over. It would not surprise me if Musk still buys but at a fairly significant reduction in price.

09-Jul-22
"...all the gold haloed users."

Explains much. Thanks for the clarification. >;-)

28-Oct-22
This didn't age well remember Matt when you said this would never happen?

28-Oct-22
Surely the grey ghost wasnt wrong....was he?

28-Oct-22
So, will Trump return to Twitter or remain with his Truth?

28-Oct-22
So, will Trump return to Twitter or remain with his Truth?

Musk will need him to return

28-Oct-22
We’ll, At least now the Twitter employees are getting a taste of what the nursing industry went through when they refused to get vaxed!

Buh-by now! Good luck finding another cushy gig like THAT again!

28-Oct-22
I’m curious how long it’ll take certain media outlets to drop out of using Twitter. I don’t follow any national media but I do follow local media for getting local updates and given the large percentage of liberal leaning media I can see some dropping off of Twitter now that Elon owns it.

28-Oct-22
"This didn't age well remember Matt when you said this would never happen?"

I'm not sure if that's directed at me. I didn't think it would happen, and until about 3 weeks ago, it appeared I was correct. Let's review. Musk makes an offer that the board accepts, then he backs out of his offer, so the board files a lawsuit against him, then Musk decides to honor his original offer 2 weeks before the court date on the lawsuit. Not exactly a sure thing deal. BTW, Musk ended up paying about $3 billion more than the company is currently worth.

But, if it makes you feel better, I was wrong for thinking it wouldn't happen. You got me on that one. LOL!

Matt

28-Oct-22
it wasn't toward you it was towards the poster Matt

28-Oct-22
People are concerned there won't be enough censorship. Just another day in upsidedown world.

• Sitka Gear