HDE 05-May-22
DanaC 05-May-22
Lewis 05-May-22
soccern23ny 05-May-22
Ok...Russ 05-May-22
Lewis 05-May-22
Bowfreak 05-May-22
05-May-22
My sister just returned from a wedding in Florida to find a freezer had gone out and lost over 2000 dollars worth of meat and seafood ouch. I have two freezers full of meat and seafood and we spend 3 to 4 months a year at our home in Florida and I don’t want that to happen to me.Any products that anyone uses and trust I sure would appreciate your input Good luck and stay safe Lewis

05-May-22

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
Amazon

05-May-22
The first year my brother went to Arizona (lives in MN) he had his son go over and check on his place. His furnace had gone out and it was 40 degrees - didn't drain the water, so that could have been a real mess.

He purchased a camera that connects to his phone and set it up in front of his thermostat.

I would think you could get some kind of an alarm system that would connect to your phone for monitoring the freezer as well?

05-May-22
I have a simple beeping alarm that alerts when power to the freezer outlet goes out, but if it's a house you're away from for longer times you'll want some sort of system that alerts you remotely.

05-May-22
Amazon

05-May-22
They have ones that connect to your internet wireless that will let you monitor it on your phone. I don't have one and keep saying I'm going to get.

05-May-22
Just something else to think about, if you're away long term, have a plan if the freezer fails.

05-May-22
Yep I wouldn’t want to solely monitor power to the freezer. I bet most freezer fails have power to the freezer cord. Get a system that monitors freezer temp.

05-May-22
That just tells you if your power is out not if freezer is out.You could point a camera at freezer if it has certain lights on it.Another thing is a water alarm.I have a wet floor alarm in my basement mechanical room and it has saved my butt.

05-May-22

JohnMC's Link
Sounds like this is what you are looking for.

05-May-22
So, you're freezer goes out while you're on vacation and you know it from an alarm system because the internal temp is rising but the power is still on.

Is it just for your own ease of mind to know you're returning to a potential loss of frozen stuff, or, do you have a contact to go take care of your problem for you? I guess it doesn't matter if you know your freezer is out if you can't do anything about it....

05-May-22
Freezer failure vs power failure. If the freezer dies, you or a house-sitter have to move the meat. If the power goes out, you could have an automatic generator hooked up ($$$) to kick in.

05-May-22
I have a generac generator that will run the freezer in case of a power outage what I’m looking for is a device that will send a signal to our phones or computer in case the freezer goes out. Thanks all Lewis

05-May-22
I've been trying to find a good one too that I can hear from the garage and that runs on batteries(not plug in)Thermaworks has some but they arent very loud. And the one went off because it got too cold. Would love one with a strobe light too since I dont go in the garage everyday to hear it but would see the flashing light

05-May-22
I think JohnMC's link would work Lewis. "Continuous monitoring and alert notifications all year round without paying a monthly fee or subscription charge." I may get one for my freezers now too - appreciate you taking the time to find this John.

05-May-22
I might just have to get a couple of those I also thank you John and ok Russ for sharing Good luck Lewis

05-May-22
I have one that I thought was going to do what I wanted it to do. It does monitor temperature, but it is simply a bluetooth device. If it has the ability to send you a signal through wi-fi, I am not aware of how to make it do it.

I'm looking for a better model too.

• Sitka Gear