JL 14-Jun-22
JL 14-Jun-22
Smtn10PT 14-Jun-22
pav 15-Jun-22
Scrappy 15-Jun-22
bigswivle 15-Jun-22
HoytHntr4 15-Jun-22
05-May-22
Anyone remember when and how MT issues their refunds? I think it was a check in the mail within a month of so of the drawing. I have been fortunate to not receive any in the last few years, but not this year (and many more, I'm guessing).

05-May-22
When do moose/sheep/goat get posted?

25-May-22
Has anyone received a refund from Montana yet?

25-May-22
Not me...

27-May-22
They probably lost it.

30-May-22
I was on here perusing to find the same information. I do remember it is a check but seems like it shoulda been here by now. They are probably holding our money hostage so they can draw another months interest! It ticks me off I didn't draw but given the totality of the situation maybe it's for the best. I may put in on the alternates list, or buy a cow tag and go later with a different weapon. It kinda ruins the party thing with my brother (his first outa state trip) but we'll figure something out if we can afford it by then. Hope everyone else drew well and hunt it as if it's your last trip. Montana is really trying to drive the working class DIY guys out. If it's not in the mail tomorrow I may have to call about the refunds.

31-May-22
They mailed them Last week.

31-May-22
Thanks Hunter!

31-May-22
Got my nr archery elk tag in mail today

31-May-22
Got my general refund check today. $1108. Cost me $1293 to apply. Pretty spendy rejection.

31-May-22
Montana screwed it up yet again. Folks that clicked for a refund if they didn't get their LE permit are getting a gen tag in the mail as well as a refund in some cases.

31-May-22

Scrappy's Link
Here is what the guys over on hunt talk are seeing.

01-Jun-22
Wow, how will they ever be able to fix that and get those tags back??

01-Jun-22
It looks as though Montana may be issuing tags as well as providing gas money to get out there and back for some individuals. Pretty thoughtful.

01-Jun-22
These people need to be out of work. It's a continuous issue. They're incompetent. What an embarrassment. We should all file a class action suit to have everyone in charge fired & a system that is without fraud put in place.

01-Jun-22
"These people need to be out of work. It's a continuous issue. They're incompetent. What an embarrassment. We should all file a class action suit to have everyone in charge fired & a system that is without fraud put in place. "

Wait until I cash my check and go hunting, then I'm in.

01-Jun-22
Of all the years to draw the gen tag and not request a refund!

13-Jun-22
Hey folks, the latest. I've been on the phone and email with them to understand what's going on. Still not sure that i know, but recieved this today.

Hello-

Refunds did not finish going out until the end of last week.

They were sent to another agency who prints and mails them.

They had to print and mail over 40,000 refund checks. Unfortunately, they went out later than expected.

This is information that is being provided to us, we understand your frustration.

Our Bureau Chief has directed us to wait on sending replacement forms as people have just started to receive their checks.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we have just confirmed they were all just mailed out.

We appreciate your patience.

Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks

13-Jun-22
That sounds like a racket

14-Jun-22
I spoke to one of the license folks yesterday. Yes...the license process seems to have issues every year. IMO...they need to do credit card purchases and then the refunds by credit card to make things easier for folks who want to pay by cc.

The gal emailed me the refund form yesterday....and coincidentally....my refund check showed up right after that. Even the refund form is a cluster....you have to get it notarized before you send it in. It seems folks in the midwest and east coast were the most affected.

On the flip side....the B tag draw was yesterday.

14-Jun-22
I can't speak for all areas In Reg 7....I had to draw the mule deer B tag. The bro didn't draw his deer B tag over by Missoula. The surplus tags, if any, will go OTC until sold out. Edit - BTW...that is for rifle, not bow.

14-Jun-22
I got a refund from FWP yesterday for 4$, check is dated May 16th

15-Jun-22
I received a $4 check today...also dated May 16th. Not sure what that's all about? I drew a big game combo and failed to draw my LE elk permit. Mailed the big game combo tag back on June 1st. When I saw FWP refunds on the envelope...thought WOW, that was quick! No such luck...LOL!

15-Jun-22
Its hilarious, Montana every year says well at least we can't screw up any worse. Then the next year rolls around and they say hold my beer and watch this.

15-Jun-22
Still no refund here

15-Jun-22
Got mine in the mail this morning….finally

• Sitka Gear