Bearman 20-May-22
crestedbutte 20-May-22
Bearman 20-May-22
TGbow 20-May-22
Bearman 20-May-22
06-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo
Gotten to the point that it ain't so much about "me" anymore. Have got a small cabin on a great piece of riverbottom ground. Bowhunting paradise. Have met quite a few women that wanna hunt but just don't have a place or " fortitude to ask "permission". So anyway, a few years ago, I stared invited some to come and hunt. Been a great time. And NO, I aint no pervert. Lol. Have had several women come hunt,stay overnights but my cabin has just 1 bed and a couch. They sleep on the couch (which is discussed before they arrive) lol. Gets a bit cramped as it's only 14x14. Was stranded here last week due to flooding and had some lumber stored so I started this. 8x10 room. Glad I had a bunch of lumber saved.$$. Got this done and will add a few pics as it goes along.

06-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo
Gotten to the point that it ain't so much about "me" anymore. Have got a small cabin on a great piece of riverbottom ground. Bowhunting paradise. Have met quite a few women that wanna hunt but just don't have a place or " fortitude to ask "permission". So anyway, a few years ago, I stared invited some to come and hunt. Been a great time. And NO, I aint no pervert. Lol. Have had several women come hunt,stay overnights but my cabin has just 1 bed and a couch. They sleep on the couch (which is discussed before they arrive) lol. Gets a bit cramped as it's only 14x14. Was stranded here last week due to flooding and had some lumber stored so I started this. 8x10 room. Glad I had a bunch of lumber saved.$$. Got this done and will add a few pics as it goes along.

06-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo

06-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo

06-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo

06-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo

06-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo

06-May-22
Oh boy, I screwed that up. Haha.

06-May-22
Nice looking bucks!

06-May-22
Nah. You did just fine bearman!

06-May-22
Nice bucks

07-May-22
Love it! Nice bucks. Keep up the fine work.

07-May-22
Sounds like a great place! Cool that you’re helping get more women into bowhunting and for all the right reasons!

Looks like a good start to the second room for company! Will be looking forward to the final results.

07-May-22
L@@king Good!

Luv those Bucks

Keep us posted,

Robb

07-May-22
Fu stuff. Congrats on some nice whitetails Dave.

07-May-22
Some dandy bucks for sure. Love the hunting cabin. Good luck on the addition. So much better than pitching a tent for a week.

07-May-22

Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo

07-May-22

Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo

07-May-22
Nice place. As others said - good on you for giving women a place to hunt. Careful walking around in there with that arrow (broad head) sticking out.

Is that a bear hide on the back of that chair?

07-May-22
Making progress. Gotta run and get stuff for the rafters. Yes, small blonde I shot in Saskatchewan bout 30 years ago.

07-May-22
But why only women? Are u sure you’re not a pervert? }}}—————> :)

07-May-22
Nice looking camp!

07-May-22
many rustic cabins are death traps. not saying your is, i can't tell. consider installing a smoke and carbon monoxide detector and make sure you and your guests can escape through a window or door in the event of a fire.

07-May-22
Life is a death trap.

07-May-22
Only advice I have is not to pour concrete around those posts. It’ll rot them much quicker then expected.

07-May-22
Thanks Inshart, I was getting a crick in my neck from trying to ogle those buck mounts ! That looks like a helluva good place to unwind Bearman. I used to have an 18’x36’ on my lease where I could get away from work and telephones, kick back with a drink, burn a steak, and bowhunt. Nothing like it !

07-May-22
Putting up roof sheathing no fun when alone in 35+ winds!

07-May-22
Good to see you've upgraded from Schmidt's light to Busch Latte.

07-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo

07-May-22
Von how do you know the Busch did not come first? Looking good Bearman. If a gal takes you up on spending the weekend with you at your one room deer camp maybe she wanting you to be a pervert. ;)

07-May-22
Ron, I'll take that risk. Only skinny ladies allowed. They can fit out the windows. Lol. I drink whatever cheap. Haha.

07-May-22
‘Sorry ma’am, I’d like to take you hunting but … you wouldn’t fit thru the window in my cabin’. LOL

07-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo
Done for the day. High winds made it tough and I'm kinda whooped. Cold beer is coming real soon.

07-May-22
I took my neighbor gal hunting, she killed an elk the second day, we celebrated with Jameson Irish whiskey, and we ended up getting married..

I want to hear more about that "small blonde" you shot. :-)

07-May-22
Good for you. It’s a tough job but someone has to do it.

07-May-22
I aint doing it for romance. But thas awesome Jaquomo. We all gotta start thinking of our heritage as hunters. Grew up being a greedy bastard and did not sharing with others. Bout 15 years ago I stared rethinking. Glad I did. Have a pile of fun hosting women/kids hunting. I makeit up front, no running water,indoor plumbing. You gotta crap, there's the bucket. You need water, bring some. Lights are propane. Rustic. Food/drinks in a cooler with ice. Simple. I don't want any drama,political talk, or just any negative vibe. So far it's been a great experience. Passi g the torch so to speak. Good day today. Maybe could have done more but fighting the wind kicked my tail. On beer #5 now. Porkchops about ready for the grill.

07-May-22
Instant, thanks for posting the pics right side up. What am I doing wrong? Aint real smart about this stuff, but thanks.

07-May-22

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
My hunting cabin might be more of a chick magnet. ;-)

Seriously, that's really great what you do, bearman. Very admirable. We all need to give back. Good on you, man.

07-May-22
Oh man, that's incredible!! What a beautiful view!. Thanks.

08-May-22
Good on you, Bearman! Good stuff you’re doing!

Looks like leaves on the front steps of your cabin. I’d suggest using rose petals instead, next time ;-)

08-May-22
Very nice and thanks for passing it on!

08-May-22
Love it! Nice bucks. Keep up the fine work.

08-May-22
Buddy that’s awesome I’m jealous…simple man living the life !!!

08-May-22
Thanks fellas. Got an inch of rain. Just quit. Muddy mess but I'm gonna keep at it.

10-May-22
Good on you, but watch out. As the men from Anchorman know you gotta be careful. They can attract bears.

10-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo
Final Y a nice day. Gonna keep plugging along till I run out of material.

Them vermin better appreciate it. Lol.

10-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo
Got the siding done one side.

10-May-22
You are making quick work of that add on!

11-May-22
Are you rolling on bedliner or what is the siding you are putting on there?

11-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo
Plain old Mud. Lol.

15-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo
Done for the time being. Will trim the inside sometime this summer. Got way to much$ into this little addition.

15-May-22
If it makes you happy then good on yah!

15-May-22
How do you get in?

15-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo
Through the front door. Lol

15-May-22
Oh I saw the pic with a window on interior wall. Missed the one wear you added a door there.

15-May-22
John. Lol . I think There is only one door to the cabin. No new door in the new addition

15-May-22
Fewer escape routes for the women …

15-May-22
No RK if you at last pic of it just framed and compare to pic before that. He took window out of back of cabin and added a door to the addition. Seems practical, except now the girls get to choose between the Couch and bed in addition instead of couch or sharing bed with Bear. Without see pics of the ladies if I was Bear I’d just removed the couch. ;)

15-May-22
LOL! You may be on to something

15-May-22
Damn, you fellas are brutal. Lol. The main part is 14x14. Add on is 8x10. 8x10 don't seem like much but sure seems to add alot of room.. Gotta make do with all available space. Spent 2 hours cleaning. Got it perty clean. Done for the day. Drinking cold beer, jambing to "House of Hair" and watching a influx of birds at the feeder. Relaxing.

15-May-22
Nice job on the addition Dave! Looks like a great place to enjoy a beer!

15-May-22
Hope you know my brutal is all in good fun. I l’d trade several bowsiters left nut (not mine though) for a cabin like that.

15-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo
Alls good JohnMC. Haha.

I do have a good core group of women that come to hunt. Best part is, they are truly just just "one of they guys". No feminist, drama,bullcrap. They come to hunt and some withstand cold/snow/wind better then me! I have bowkilled a few deer right out the windows of my cabin and could do so regularly. I have a birdfeeder out back and deer started visiting it last year. It's illegal to "bait" in MN so I can't shoot them at the feeder which is fine with me as I wouldn't do it if was legal. My # 1 buck last year came out following a doe fawn last year. They didn't come to the feeder but I still could do it. Just didn't seem right.

18-May-22
My current wife and I spent our honeymoon bowhunting out of shack in the big woods. I thought that was a good start.

19-May-22

19-May-22

Bearman's embedded Photo
Bearman's embedded Photo

20-May-22
why can't you straighten out your pictures...

20-May-22
Tried to?

20-May-22
You must first take the picture with your cell phone in landscape mode (holding the camera horizontal....not vertical). When you load that horizontally taken picture to Bowsite.....it will be oriented correctly in your post about 99.9% of the time. Yep...your welcome! Give it a try.

20-May-22
OK, I'll try it, thanks. I'm just a dumb bowhunter. Lol

20-May-22
Awesome place you got there

20-May-22
Thank you TGbow.

• Sitka Gear