ARROWONEPY 23-May-22
molsonarcher 26-May-22
Adam B 26-May-22
Shawn 26-May-22
Adam B 26-May-22
Chief 419 26-May-22
MOBEN 26-May-22
08-May-22
Is Iowa now making you buy a hunting license in order to apply this year? I tried getting on to apply and backed out of the transaction thinking something was wrong but I guess I'm not surprised. New $$ grab effort.... TODDY

08-May-22
They didn’t give you an option not to accept the license if not drawn?

08-May-22
Nope, said I must also purchase to continue or something along those lines. I'll try again later but thought I'd ask if anyone knew for sure.

08-May-22
Wait until tomorrow and see what the web site says. I started today as well but only wanted to purchase a point and no place to do just that. Called a biologist I know and he said wait until monday. He also said he was not sure of this but figured it just wont update until tomorrow. Shawn

08-May-22
You can do a point only, I did mine yesterday.

08-May-22
I bought a point only today…

08-May-22
Thanks! I'll try from my actual computer tomorrow. Tried twice with my phone and got the same message.

09-May-22
Like Kota, point only today also.

09-May-22
Once you login, don't click the "Nonresident Deer Applications" link. It will ask you to add a NR hunting license and there is no preference point only option available. Use the "Hunting and Fishing Licenses, NR Deer Preference Points" link instead.

09-May-22
I tried Friday to buy a point and couldn't find it either... I'll check again now and see if it works. Yes, the point app is now available and shows up. Done deal.

09-May-22
Of all the states I have to pay nonrefundable money to, Iowa is one I don’t mind the $50 donation for. I even joined the IBA to support their agenda. Last state in the country fighting off special interest groups & corrupt politicians wanting to exploit the resource. Still no guns in November and no crossguns for able bodied hunters, despite heavy Ravin pressure. IBA doing a hell of a job when every other state threw in the towel. Banking my 5th point this year, until NR’s bust down the door on the IL public property I’m focusing on. And that is inevitable. They eventually find every square inch available here. Just a matter of time.

09-May-22
I just purchased points for my son and I. It’s tough owning 250 acres across the border from me and waiting that long for an archery tag. We wouldn’t have it any other way though.

09-May-22
I burned my 6 points today. Come on zone 5.

09-May-22
Like Kota, point only today also.

09-May-22
I drew again!!!

Sorry….I couldn’t resist;-) Good luck to everyone in the draw!

09-May-22
Is there a middle finger emoji for T-Roy? ;)

09-May-22
??

10-May-22
I bought a point also, it was $60 bucks. I like this better than having to buy a hunting license for 3-4x this cost and then not getting drawn. What a racket.

10-May-22
Point here. Log in and click on the licenses button on the left, not the deer tags button on the right.

I should be in Iowa again next year.

11-May-22
Like this kota-man?

Haha!!

Sorry t-roy!!

Robb

11-May-22
Bought my first point this morning, I know a guy that has some decent spots.

11-May-22
Thank you Robb…:):):)

11-May-22
Bought my fifth yesterday Kyle. If you need someone to test those decent spots next year, hit me up. :)

11-May-22
Troy, you very funny!!! What license do I need to go cougar hunting at your place??

12-May-22
#10 point for me

12-May-22
I bought number 2 point yesterday. 5 should get you any zone you want but 10 is insane. Why keep buying a points? when 6 will get you any zone for sure! Shawn

12-May-22
Why would you buy 10 points?

13-May-22
Seems like a total waste of money although I don't know how Iowa dissolves points after a certain number of years of not applying? The only reason I can see one buying that many points would be because he started applying long before he was wanting to hunt and couldn't quit or would lose what he had?

13-May-22
Points never expire and all the points are gone with a successful draw.Im sure the State loves the money.

13-May-22
You don’t lose your p points in Iowa until you draw a tag.

13-May-22
He could have drawn twice already. LOL. At least he's supporting the IDNR I guess.

13-May-22
MAX POINTS!!!

13-May-22
Iowa’s web is confusing I have 5 pp n want to apply for an archery licenses What do I have to buy? I don’t see any entry for archery

13-May-22
I've done the point thing out west. I'm done now. I live in Iowa & what they do to NRs on points is bad. Good luck to those who draw.. My hunting area has sucked the last 3 years.

13-May-22
How so, ahunter76?

IMO, Iowa’s draw is probably the most fair of any state. He who has the most points, draws the tag. I don’t like that they allocate a much higher percentage of the overall tags per zone to gun hunters, but overall, I think they’re very fair to nonresidents.

13-May-22
I'm born and raised and educated iowegian.Ive been a NR landowner/house since 1986.I think it's a good system the earlier loopholes are closed.Ill die an Iowa resident.

14-May-22
On the phone today trying to purchase an archery tag. I have 5 PP. On hold for 30 mins. When someone took my call she couldn't tell me want I had to buy! So she told me I will need to be transferred to the DNR. She transferred me.... Oops the DNR is closed on Saturdays.. This is 65 minute info the call. I called back & ask to talk to a supervisor... Got a guy named Jon. Very helpful & knowledgeable.. 20 mins later I bought what was needed. So, $660 for required tags, 5 PP'a at $60 each. Only $960 to hopefully draw an archery tag for the great state of Iowa. Wish I could spend the $960 to hunt Iowa every year... Its only money...

14-May-22
Iowa does it right!!I hope they keep it the eay it is for a long time. Great deer everywhere in the state and public is incredible!! Shawn

17-May-22
Just moved to Iowa back in December. been hunting Iowa as a NR since 1999.

19-May-22
To clarify what I said-Our point system is good, it's the "cost" of points that I feel are high since "most" seem to need 5 to draw.. I did the points many years for out west. Good luck to those who draw this year..

19-May-22
ARROWONEPPY did you submit the DNR form to change your status? I know they have been confirming residency by in person visits after a few cases of misrepresentation(not implying you)

22-May-22
I'm in--------->

Good luck, Robb

23-May-22
4nolz I will look into that. Thanks for the heads up

26-May-22
Just bought point number 2. Got a few years left to get a tag.

26-May-22
Just bought point number 5.

26-May-22
Adam you will draw any unit you want next year I would think!! Shawn

26-May-22
I hope so, gotta start putting a plan together where to hunt. Been doing some other hunts but I’m ready to spend three weeks in November hunting giants!

26-May-22
I just put in for Point #4. An outfitter sent me an unsolicited advertising email yesterday. He want’s $8,500 for a whitetail hunt. I unsubscribed to keep from getting his spam again.

26-May-22
If you buy a license and dont get drawn, your money is refunded in the summer

• Sitka Gear