Beendare 11-May-22
JohnMC 11-May-22
'Ike' (Phone) 12-May-22
Mad Trapper 13-May-22
bowhunter24 13-May-22
'Ike' (Phone) 13-May-22
SDHNTR(home) 15-May-22
10-May-22
I usually watch Randy's videos when working out at the gym and his elk videos pushed me into great shape for a Wyoming Unit 7 elk hunt a few years ago but I recently tore my left achilles tendon and my recovery from surgery has me sofa bound. I can only take so much TV but I have to say that the hunts Randy puts on Ytube are fantastic. At the gym I can usually get one or maybe two in while on the treadmill or bike but with all this time on my hands I found I can watch hours of them without getting bored. The hunts, variety, and overall quality make them extremely watchable. No chest pumping, bragging, selfish behavior and good down to earth information My only issue is that I've seen them all so I anxiously check each day for new segments and have actually begun watching his oldest ones over again. Great job Randy and thank you for what you do.

10-May-22
One of the best if not the best out there

10-May-22
I could not agree more. I do the same for workout motivation. I really like Randy's content. Some of David Goggins motivational videos get my ass motivated too.

10-May-22
Totally agree!!!

10-May-22
No doubt Randy is a great advocate for the hunting community. Seems like a stand up guy as well.

10-May-22
Another vote for the great job Randy does!!

10-May-22
Great guy, he reached out to me when I drew a Montana goat tag in 2014, gave me some great intel that led to success.

10-May-22
Same here! I think I have watched all his videos on Netflix and YouTube. Always looking for more.................

Sorry to hear about your Achilles Chris! Hope you have a full and speedy recovery!

10-May-22
Thanks Rut!! Things are going well. The deer are getting even with me!!!

10-May-22
You mean “the Grouse Hunter?”

10-May-22
Sometimes during a grouse hunt an elk hunt breaks out too.

10-May-22
delete double post

10-May-22
Randy puts out quality content the whole family can safely watch.

10-May-22
Griz, You get a partial tear or a rupture? I’ve had a partial for three years now, curious if it’s got to completely rupture before they operate. I watch Randy’s videos for motivation as well. This year I should draw the CO elk unit he burned his points for the rifle tag a few back. I waited it out for archery. But I like watching that video just to get some scenes of 61.

10-May-22
Randy is the best at what he does and a great guy to boot.

11-May-22
Griz I agree! I ruptured my left Achilles On April 9th and had surgery April 13th. Watched lots of Youtube. Good luck on your recovery!

11-May-22
Agree 100%, Randy is definitely one of the best - my hearing is really bad, so when the shows add in music when they are talking, drives me nuts - Randy doesn't do that. Steve Rinella (meat eater) puts out some good you tube vids as well.

When I had back surgery this past October I went to you tube and punched in "Archery Elk Hunts" and watched 100's of DIY guys - lots of shaky scenes and missed shots, but most were pretty good with very little of the "showboat antics" of the TV personalities.

11-May-22
Zim, Partial due to bone spurs on my heels called Haglund's Deformity. The pain was bad enough the surgeon had no issue fixing it before it went all the way. If you have a partial I would strongly advise to get it fixed before it goes all the way. They can retract into your calf and create a host of other problems if they fully tear. In my case the bone spur (the size of a golf ball) was removed at the same time. I'll have the other spur removed when I'm recovered from this surgery.

11-May-22
These achilles injuries should be a warning to the young guys- stretch those calfs!

11-May-22
Isn't he a big BHAer?

12-May-22
Just listened to the Llama episode on Elk101...To funny!

13-May-22
Partially tore my left achiles about 15 years ago on a mountain goat hunt. No surgery, but my left calf is weaker and noticeably smaller than my right calf. Took several months to get back to somewhat normal. Was able to finish the hunt and get a couple of arrows in a goat, but that is a whole other story. Good luck on your rehab and I agree with your sentiments about Randy!

13-May-22
I can totally relate to his story on the too hot chili episode!

13-May-22
Felt like I had sat on a belt sander...LMAO

15-May-22
Love his hunts, wish he would just stick to those! Absolutely despise his how-to and where-to videos! And despise the AZGFD payola fiasco even more.

• Sitka Gear