Lawdog 17-May-22
70lbDraw 17-May-22
TRnCO 17-May-22
Jaquomo 17-May-22
soccern23ny 17-May-22
70lbDraw 17-May-22
14-May-22

Beendare's Link
A NOAA study concluding that clean air is the actual reason for more hurricane activity in the Atlantic is going to wreck the climate change weenies narrative. Get ready for some whining and hand wringing. Grin

From the article on AP news ( btw, it wasnt top billing…it was 8-10 stories down)

Cleaner air in United States and Europe is brewing more Atlantic hurricanes, a new U.S. government study found.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration study links changes in regionalized air pollution across the globe to storm activity going both up and down. A 50% decrease in pollution particles and droplets in Europe and the U.S. is linked to a 33% increase in Atlantic storm formation in the past couple decades, while the opposite is happening in the Pacific with more pollution and fewer typhoons, according to the study published in Wednesday’s Science Advances.

NOAA hurricane scientist Hiroyuki Murakami ran numerous climate computer simulations to explain change in storm activity in different parts of the globe that can’t be explained by natural climate cycles and found a link to aerosol pollution from industry and cars — sulfur particles and droplets in the air that make it hard to breathe and see.

15-May-22
I am by NO means a chicken little climate change wacko, but the past few years have taught me to take whatever comes from this...."U.S. government study found".....with a molecule from a grain of salt!!!

15-May-22
WW,

Yep. There were studies that said cigarette smoking was safe.

We should always look into how donors are hidden and how peer pressure is applied....

15-May-22
Always take anything the gov't says with a grain of salt.

15-May-22
The researchers did have to interject that they EXPECT climate change to contribute to more instability as it gets worse.

So the science that our climate czar John Kerry relies on is flawed- what a DB.

I find it interesting that many of the climate bigwigs like John Kerry and Al Gore created an industry; carbon credits and are making money through that and nobody says a word. A bit of a conflict of interest don’t you think?

15-May-22
"NOAA hurricane scientist Hiroyuki Murakami ran numerous climate computer simulations to explain change in storm activity in different parts of the globe that CAN'T BE EXPLAINED BY NATURAL CLIMATE CYCLES AND FOUND A LINK TO AEROSOL POLLUTION FROM INDUSTRY AND CARS — sulfur particles and droplets in the air that make it hard to breathe and see."

So what part of that is NOT man-made. Basically the gist of the study is that the warming from green house gasses is partially offset from particulate pollution. So your preferred choice is to produce unbreathable air to keep the climate cooler? Better get used to wearing more than just a mask.

There is more to the study, and even in the re-cap in your link, that confirms human activity IS influencing climate change AND the breathability of our atmosphere.

15-May-22
I think that all the hot air coming from scientists cause Hurricanes.

15-May-22
Human activity IS influencing climate change if you're looking for it...

16-May-22
How much sulphur is in one of those volcanic eruptions?

I wonder how many decades of driving cars it takes to equal the soot from the west coast forest fires last year that blanketed almost the entire western US for months? Millions of tons spread over thousands of miles.

Of course humans are influencing our environment. Its the insinuation by the Climate change folks that if we change our ways- like in this example- cleaner air….it will solve everything and our climate will be unicorns and rainbows.

16-May-22
Does all of this mean that electric cars will lead to our demise faster ?

16-May-22
I reckon this is jiborious. At least that’s what anything claiming science, becomes without a certain Kansas approval. It’s gotta be. Just ask him.

I could truly care less. If it’s true, the burning ashes of the worlds preferred fiat currency, will dirty it back up. So, we are all good eitherway.

16-May-22
The stuff that caused and causes man-made pollution has saved billions of lives. Heat, transportation, electricity, air-conditioning, food production, water treatment plants, housing, medical advancements, etc, etc, etc.

Prosperous civilizations solve problems. Clean energy is a noble goal. Bad idea to screw up America if you want people to invest, risk, study, work, invent, and make progress towards that goal.

16-May-22
"Prosperous civilizations solve problems." I'm pretty certain there is a trade off when you factor in the problems they create.

16-May-22
To quote Newt Dobbs from Lonesome Dove, “Well, I swear”

16-May-22
2Wild Bill - there is always a trade off.

The problems created, however, are from wasteful use and not the production and consumption from a status quo standpoint.

As far as the complete electrification of everything, yeah right.

16-May-22
I'll clean it up true that

17-May-22
Rofl. Damn some of you all are a special kind of stupid. You will do and say anything so long as it denies man's impact on climate change and global warming.

17-May-22
I have never denied mans impact on the environment. I do disagree with the level of impact many proclaim and our ability "fix" the earth's climate with higher taxes and less freedom.

17-May-22
And enter soccer mom. 2 maybe 3 grains of salt will be necessary to alleviate the aftertaste. As he's stirring, just add more salt. Add the shaker for anything from the government on climate change-either way.

Cheers

17-May-22
“Rofl. Damn some of you all are a special kind of stupid. You will do and say anything so long as it denies man's impact on climate change and global warming.”

So, are you saying all the illegals coming over the Southern border are part of the solution to solving climate change?…Who’s the ‘special’ stupid?!!!?

17-May-22
would someone, or could someone, tell me in the last 20-30 years, the name of the person that predicted correctly the current state of our climate?

17-May-22
TR, the excuse they use is that everything was based upon models, and the models are imperfect, but "they are learning more". A common theme whenever actual results conflicts with predictions is, "we underestimated/overestimated the effect of..." Meanwhile temperature recording stations and locations are recalibrated data is cherry-picked, and results manipulated to achieve the desired outcome.

17-May-22
@70... "So, are you saying all the illegals coming over the Southern border are part of the solution to solving climate change"

No.... that's not what I'm saying. What i said is in black and white. Are you retarded?("just asking questions")

I'm being serious.... do you suffer from a mental deficiency not of your own doing? Because only an idiot would read what I said and than ask the question you asked.

You're either being serious with that question and are indeed retarded or it was a rhetorical question and a fallacy designed to derail the topic at hand, in which case you're an idiot.

17-May-22
“I'm being serious.... do you suffer from a mental deficiency not of your own doing? Because only an idiot would read what I said and than ask the question you asked.”

The other day you claimed that there is no crisis at the Southern border. I’m just trying to figure out how you came to that conclusion. But you insist on deflecting and refusing to back up your own statement. Yes… I am in fact a retarded idiot. That’s how I was able to spot your willful ignorance and lack of critical thinking.

Don’t get so defensive… it makes you look like a complete douche- bag! Not to mention it does nothing to bolster your point.

• Sitka Gear