Glunt@work 14-May-22
Cornpone 14-May-22
Missouribreaks 14-May-22
Bearman 14-May-22
JohnMC 14-May-22
Bou'bound 15-May-22
wyobullshooter 15-May-22
14-May-22
Good thread active on poaching. But thought I would try a different one about ideas on "what's harsh enough, no doubt they stop forever, and deters others from even thinking about it?" A 1 yr no hunt or puny $10-50K fine is nothing. I have my own ideas, but want to hear yours! End poaching!

14-May-22
Public flogging

14-May-22
Cant stop it. There will always be those that want to kill the kings deer

14-May-22
Poaching is stealing, right? There used to be a very effective punishment for stealing. However, poaching for antlers and poaching for food are two very different crimes in my opinion. The guy who spotlights a 180" whitetail at night and the guy who shoots a doe in his backyard because he can't otherwise provide for his family certainly deserve different punishments. One is pure greed. One is survival.

14-May-22
If inflation keeps going poaching may very well get popular. Not for horns.

14-May-22
I think Overland hit it. There are degrees of poaching just as there are degrees of murder.

14-May-22
And poaching has many forms. If a bowhunter, or scoped crossbow hunter, takes a shot 5 minutes after, or before, legal shooting time, that is poaching. I think this is fairly common, has anyone else heard of others doing such a thing?

14-May-22
By definition, a "poacher" is someone who shoot animals illegally. Under that definition, myself and 99.9% are/were poachers. Think about it! Think about EVERY SINGLE thing you've shot and say every thing was totally legal. Heck, I shot a muskrat years ago, wasn't "by law" sposed too. Never had a watch when I was a kid. Did I ever shoot a deer a minute late?, don't know but odds are, yep. Shot a woodpeckers that was pecking holes in my siding. Poaching, yep. Shot a coon outta season that was destroying my birdfeeders, poahing, yep.. Sped once in a 55mph zone. Was doing 56.

14-May-22
Have you seen the punishment for any crime these days? Most of the time they are a joke. It seems a lot of time poachers get it worse than someone that steals your truck.

15-May-22
hell if we can't figure out how to stop people from killing dozens of humans in a grocery store not sure what the solution for poaching would be or how much prioritization it will get in the grand scheme of things

15-May-22
^^^^ That. It’s simply stunning how fast our country/ the world is going down the crapper.

• Sitka Gear