Contributors to this thread:
DonVathome 17-May-22
c3 17-May-22
smarba 17-May-22
DonVathome 17-May-22
Straight Shooter 17-May-22
SaddleReaper 17-May-22
17-May-22
Anyone use this? Reviews? It looks like exactly what I am looking for. I never stand and glass and I want lightweight and stable.

17-May-22

c3's Link
I've been using an older 623 for 15 years or so. I have a manfrotto 700rc2 head on it. I also get rid of the extension tube. Bent beat up and looking pretty rough these days, but still the lightest truly stable tripod for filming and spotting I've ever seen or even heard of.

Here's a sample of what you can get with a GH5 on it :)

https://rumble.com/vvg7le-yodellers-son.html

Pretty sure you can't go wrong if you have an angled scope.

Cheers, Pete

17-May-22
Looks good but remember you still have to add a head, most of which are at least a pound, which pushes the total weight up.

17-May-22
I had no clue I needed a head to. Yikes. I thought that was the whole thing. My current tripod is 3.7#

And yes I feel like a moron I did not realize it did not have a head.

17-May-22
My buddy has the Slik 624 and he likes it. I run the Outdoorsman with a pistol grip head with a panner.

17-May-22
Looks like the 624 is probably one of the best options if you truly won’t need to stand. If you reconsider the ability to stand and glass, take a look at the promaster xc-m525c. It will go around 70” and has a removable leg if you really want to be a minimalist and run a monopod.

Regardless of what tripod you go with take a look at the Sirui VA-5 compact video head. It’s pretty sweet.

• Sitka Gear