KHNC 02-Jun-22
scentman 02-Jun-22
Wildan2 09-Jun-22
KHNC 21-Jun-22
Habitat 21-Jun-22
Ok...Russ 21-Jun-22
KHNC 29-Jun-22
31-May-22
Just bought two 50lb bags of Buckwheat for 137.48!! Seems pretty damn steep to me. First time I have purchased for my farm. Clover is doing pretty decent finally. I will be planting Buck Forage Oats as an overseed in my clover and in a couple of new lanes i have cleared once the buckwheat has matured. That stuff is probably gonna be over 60.00 for 50lb bag as well. Last year it was 37.00 but i used rye grain instead. Hate to see what Rye ends up being. Overpriced as hell im sure. Got a LOT of deer on my farm right now though. Need to make sure they hang around come October. Last year they RUNNOFT'd on me.

31-May-22
Kenny, here in OKC area, I inquired about buckwheat seed earlier this year and was quoted $84/50 lbs. Likely gone up. I hope that $137.48 wasn't for EACH bag! BFO last year was $25/50 lbs from Tractor Supply or $35/50 lbs from a seed company. Won't know if those have gone up until closer to fall.

Lime and fertilizer have hit us big time already getting plots rejuvenated.

Best of luck on your plots.

31-May-22
THanks Russ! Yes, that was for two bags, no shipping. But at 84.00 mine sounds much better! LOL. I hope BFO is reasonable. Did you plant that last year? I used it in SC years ago and it did well. My PH tested 5.5 last year but hopefully has climbed a little since then with the lime I have spread on it.

31-May-22
You got a bargain ! My local feed store charged $95 per bag. Ridiculous !

31-May-22
You guys are funny. Come to communist Canada and buy seed. #1 we don't have half of what you have, #2 it's twice the price, #3 we have about 3 chemicals in total one can use to control weeds.

31-May-22
And soon you'll only be able to protect your crops with a slingshot!

BFOs have been hit/miss on our property in OK. It's very sandy but we've got the pH up over 6 and 6.8 in 2 plots so "should" do better. Will try again this fall if prices aren't just outrageous.

01-Jun-22
Im not even gonna begin to add up the diesel cost to drive 73 miles one way to my farm this year.

01-Jun-22
240$ for a jug of Liberty herbicide. That treats about 10 acres total of my 20.

Fertilizer is 2.5x what it was last year.

Diesel to run my equipment? Forget about it!!

Food plots are getting expensive!

01-Jun-22
This what America voted for!

01-Jun-22
Not all of America.

01-Jun-22
You got a bargain ! My local feed store charged $95 per bag. Ridiculous !

01-Jun-22
Pat Interline is still $99.00 at rural king for 2.5 gallons Generic Liberty. Cheetah is another version of generic Liberty but I don’t know the price.

01-Jun-22
GreenCover seeds has supposedly set up seed drop locations all over to cut down on shipping cost. I can’t speak as to where those locations are but if that is true and you have one in your area they are a fantastic seed source.

02-Jun-22
RIT, There’s no more $99 interline anywhere. It’s now $250 a jug. Same with Roundup.

02-Jun-22
I bought a 50 lb bag of buckwheat for $63 in OH a few weeks ago. Glad I bought it when I did.

02-Jun-22

RIT's embedded Photo
RIT's embedded Photo
I just bought a 2.5 gallon concentrate of 41% glyphosate at Menards a week ago for $89. Rural kings website as of 5 minutes ago still shows Interline 2.5 gallon $99 and I can validate that’s what a guy paid a few weeks ago. Finding it could be an issue though.

02-Jun-22
We have come a long way since Johnny Appleseed;0)

02-Jun-22

RIT's embedded Photo
RIT's embedded Photo
I did check my local elevator and the glyphosate was $200 for 2.5 gallons. Menards actually has 2.5 gallon 41% glyphosate for $80 right now due to 11% rebate.

02-Jun-22
Im heading to the farm this weekend to plant buckwheat and mow my clover. Really sucks to throw away so much fuel money even before the season.

02-Jun-22
My new neighbor is a young man that has a passion for foodplots... he offered to spray and plant about a 1/4 acre on my property. We will be planting focusing on the fall as we have plenty of clover already in our area... he also will be putting in some Egyptian Wheat to make the deer feel secure and deter " night time road poachers".

09-Jun-22
If you don't like the prices imagine what the farmers are paying(and us down the road).My neighbor buys 100,000 gallons of fuel at a time;plants 1400 acres of corn + other crops.When they are cutting;a 450HP combine,three 300 hp tractors and maybe three tractor trailers and a pay-loader at the bunk+ operators.

21-Jun-22
^^^^Is this a massive farm operation forum or a bowhunting forum? Did you hear about the cost of jet fuel at the airports ?

21-Jun-22
We usually buy interline in 250 gal totes

21-Jun-22
Kenny, I'd like to see some pics of your buckwheat as it progresses. We planted a few acres on our property here in OK at the end of May but the deer apparently have been mowing it down. Don't get any over about 1' tall and few have the flowers left. We were hoping it would get 3' or so then overseed, cultipack and spray in the fall. Not sure it's even going to get tall enough to mow. Thanks!

29-Jun-22
Hey Russ, I will probably go down to the farm on the 10th or the 16th of next month. Cant stand not checking my cameras i put out when i planted. Hopefully the BW does exactly what you are talking about. I plan to overseed with BFO and then knock it down as well. By the way, I just found out Buck Forage Oats pricing will be about 37.00 per bag this fall. Not terrible.

• Sitka Gear