INbowdude 15-Jun-22
INbowdude 15-Jun-22
INbowdude 15-Jun-22
Buffalo1 15-Jun-22
bad karma 16-Jun-22
boothill 17-Jun-22
boothill 17-Jun-22
04-Jun-22
Porkapalooza 16 starts 6/9-6/11. Gonna be a good one!

05-Jun-22

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
Have a great time Mike. Hope the weather n hogs cooperate. A blast from the past photo.

08-Jun-22
Looking forward to following along! Good luck and have fun!

08-Jun-22
Wishing ya’ll a safe and successful hunt. Know a good time will be had by all attendees.

Looking forward to a report on the gathering.

09-Jun-22
Have a great time!

10-Jun-22
Have fun, guys. Post some pics.

12-Jun-22
Awaiting a "Bacon Report !"

12-Jun-22
Any updates? Photos? videos?

14-Jun-22
Ya'll must have taken '"maximum capacity" quivers are out to kill'em all or either you ran out of money and can't afford gas to return home!

15-Jun-22
Hope all is well! I often wonder if something happened to the OP when they don't follow up on a thread they started.............................

15-Jun-22

INbowdude's embedded Photo
Sorry guys. My AT&T service on my Iphone 10 just wouldn't get a strong enough signal to do a live hunt, let alone updates. I'll summarize if you don't mind. Group split up between the house and the camp. We had 8 in camp including 3 new folks to the Porkapalooza. None of them are Bowsiters though.

15-Jun-22
Thursday night hunt was the typical hot temperatures with very little wind. The week before the area had seen a lot of rain and while the weather was a bit unsettled, we trucked out to the stands. 7 bowhunters and 1 spear thrower (NO loincloth!) First night Kory (Skeptic) spears a hog (found the next day). Bryce from Texas killed a nice hog at Rattlesnake Ridge, and New York Mike killed a nice hog at 7. I never had a shot. Don't panic, I'm still a weak man.

15-Jun-22

Friday morning we had a light shower early in the morning and Robert from Oklahoma and myself went out. I picked stand 5A and finally was rewarded with a nice 14-yard shot on a fat sow. She ran about 50 yards and piled up. Robert hit one but couldn't find it.

15-Jun-22

At noon we had a pitch-in fish fry. So much good food and Jon & Linda Holmes came through like champs. We ate so much, it was a struggle to get out to the stands for the Friday night hunt.

15-Jun-22

15-Jun-22

Friday night was a flashback to the good old days. Robert killed a 220-pounder, Mike Baughman (Hunt4life) killed a nice hog, and Brian Tabor (Boothill) killed as well. I did a little spot-and-stalk and killed a nice boar with some good teeth.

15-Jun-22

Classic group photo with snouts!

15-Jun-22
Saturday morning a few of us went out and found 2 hogs that had been hit the day before. Ripe does not even begin to describe these hogs. Lesson learned. You gotta hit 'em right and find them fast. No hogs were injured or killed in the morning. That afternoon, the Holmes outdid themselves with a venison steak lunch with grilled jalapenos. Again, we ate more than we should and quite a few folks took naps.

15-Jun-22

Saturday night, most guys went out to the stands. I chose the ladder stand along the pipeline because I really didn't need a third hog. Decided to do a little recon along the creek and after jumping a few hogs, I found one and the stalk was on. I moved in to within 20 yards. I thought the hog was either one NY Mike had hit earlier or it was just dead. Until it lifted its head. I dunno, something just clicked and I went into predator mode. I backed out, dropped the pack and quiver, and slipped around some trees to get a better angle. What am I doing? I really don't need another hog. Yet I drew, estimated the shot at 25 yards, and laying perfectly broadside. Knowing the shoulder and leg were tucked up, I concentrated on the double-lung shot and triggered the release. Boar ran up an extremely steep bank and made it 40 yards. The bastard died in a wet wallow. The last great act of defiance. 180 pound boar with some nice teeth.

15-Jun-22

15-Jun-22

15-Jun-22

8 hunters took 12 hogs with 2 MIA. More hogs might have been shot but some guys only wanted 1 hog (I know, I don't understand it either). Sorry for the fuzzy picture, I tried to get closer but the hogs picked me off and were beating feet out of there fast.

15-Jun-22
A super hunt- Congrats to you fellas !!

16-Jun-22
Great hunt. Glad you all had fun.

17-Jun-22
Always a good time hunting with INbowdude and the rest of the guys. To say it was hot and humid is an understatement. Here is my 2nd evening hog just a mere 150# which compared to a few of the others is mediocre. Thanks to Jon, Linda, Grant and Gage for a great weeekend.

17-Jun-22

boothill's embedded Photo
boothill's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear