Old Bow 18-Jul-22
Shawn 18-Jul-22
Cheesehead Mike 19-Jul-22
Elauwit 19-Jul-22
Shawn 19-Jul-22
Shawn 19-Jul-22
10-Jun-22
Kansas results are up.

Are resident tags OTC unlimited? Or is there a cap? Zone restrictions?

Good luck, I’ll be there in November

10-Jun-22
Resident archery is OTC statewide either sex either species without a cap.

Congrats on the tag! Best of luck. What unit?

10-Jun-22
No zone restrictions. As a resident, I can buy a statewide landowner tag for $22.50 OTC and hunt anywhere, in any season.

10-Jun-22
So Residents need to apply for rifle tags? Select a zone?

10-Jun-22
Me and my two buddies drew unit 16.

10-Jun-22
Yes, unless a landowner. The statewide either species tag, for residents, is Archery only.

Edit: Residents can buy an OTC rifle whitetail tag(one buck), but must pick 2 adjacent units...must draw for the Mule Deer stamp. Best bet is to call KDWP and dot your "i's".

11-Jun-22
Uncapped, statewide any season tag Whitetail tags are over the counter for residents. Uncapped Archery only statewide either species are OTC as well. Muzzle loader either species uncapped OTC unit specific.

11-Jun-22
Residents can buy an OTC tag for any season and hunt state wide.

11-Jun-22
Nice...

11-Jun-22
Thanks Kansas for a ticket!!

11-Jun-22
Zone 15 drawn as well

12-Jun-22
Zone 1 for me!! Shawn

12-Jun-22
Any where to see numbers for 2022 yet? I've heard lots more people applied this year.

12-Jun-22
No love for me this year after drawing 3 years in a row.

12-Jun-22
I drew 16

12-Jun-22
No love for me either this year. I didn't have a PP so I was not surprised.

12-Jun-22
Numbers were high enough this year 1 pp may not guarantee you a tag next year. Some areas will be 2+ and possibly no second choice unit.

12-Jun-22
Right around 30K applied, I believe 1 pt will still draw most units next year but if it keeps going I agree 2 will be needed!! Shawn

12-Jun-22
Drew unit 4. Had one PP.

13-Jun-22
Shawn, it will be the trophy units that will get more attention while the western units get less due to drought. Precipitation was so low some wheat only grew 6 inches before it died. Mid may and it still looked like the dead of winter it was so dry. A decline in both populations will also hamper hunters. Remember the last few year emergency grazing and swathing could take place on Crp. This eliminated a ton of cover which was good for rifle hunters.

13-Jun-22
I drew unit 15

13-Jun-22
Kansas was an easy state for me to make the decision to abandon after the corrupt politician liberalized the NR quota years ago. The public used to be amazing, on a par with Iowa before then. But since I got an Illinois LL and can get 2 buck tags/year for $26/each rather than pay Kansas $600 for one? LOL, no brainer despite still having 4 worthless points there. I apply in 8 states today, but cut ties to 3 others with poor values in the last few years. However, for private land hunters KS is still great, as long as they keep rifles out of November.

13-Jun-22
Good to hear Zim. Now if we could just get more folks to think like you..

13-Jun-22
^^^ Sorry Thornton but most people I know are glass 1/2 Full not Empty guys unlike Zim's post. The good ole days are gone forever so I feel it's best to make the best with what you got. See you in Kansas this year buddy. :)

13-Jun-22
I understand the Kansas guys feelings, but there are no doubt some giants to be killed and I can't kill one there sitting in tree in say Ohio which gets even more hammered than Kansas!! Shawn

13-Jun-22
Quinn……..maybe you and Jason could do a semi-live hunt together this year…..;-)

13-Jun-22
If I lived in Kansas I’d want it to go back to the way it was before outfitters, leasing, and being invaded by Texans and east coast guys. No doubt.

But it’s still one of the best deer hunting states in the country, if not the best.

I can’t wait to get back there this November.

13-Jun-22
I'd be glad to meet you Quinn. My offer still stands, especially if I'm hunting that 6,000 acre permission I have out in Gove County. Won't be hunting it though if I shoot that local 200" nontypical I found the sheds to last February. I'll be visiting your beautiful state in November for another mule deer/Elk combo hunt during 3rd rifle if you're around.

14-Jun-22
T-Roy unfortunately that won’t happen. I have a bow tag and will only be hunting during archery season, not rifle.

My tag isn’t good for Thornton’s 6,000 permission either.

Maybe next year we’ll do a 2 for semi live hunt if I’m Lucky.

14-Jun-22
No deer tags in Kansas but got a ticket from the lovely highway patrol in Wakeeney last week. Thanks Kansas! :^)

14-Jun-22
Oh the glass is definitely still full on most Kansas private land these days, but I strictly DIY hunt public. So that's what I was referring to, and where I have better options. I do love no rifles in November though! There will always be quality on private as long as they have that.

14-Jun-22
Kansas is a long drive and they have skeeters and ticks out the wazoo.Also the World Capital for brown recluses…….

14-Jun-22
Quinn, as you know by following my hunts, I bowhunt several months a year usually. That Gove permission is for archery, but I doubt I'll pursue the mulies out there because I actually care about the declining population and I don't want to be part of their demise. This is exactly why I'm probably not going to do my annual NM pronghorn hunt in August. Zim- Public is hard in Kansas, especially for the big ones I'm sure you're after.

15-Jun-22
Thornton, The Muley herd in CO is dwindling too. Have you thought about not going there for rifle during the rut?

Whitetail only for me this year.

15-Jun-22
Year before last, I found 5 bucks in a small chunk of BLM. Biggest one was 170"s, but I accidentally shot a younger buck running, thinking he was the 170". A burn went through the area last year, and afterwards 267 Elk (I counted them). The habitat was destroyed and I saw only does last year and young bucks so I did not shoot one. This year, I will do the same. If I do not see a big, old buck, I will leave them alone.

15-Jun-22
Should run the place like Iowa, NR cannot draw two years in a row. Would kill all this leasing and land grabbing. But would mean less $$$ for the state.

16-Jun-22
I didn't put in because I was supposed to draw a November tag in CA and now I wish I had a KS tag.

Thinking of next year, I'm wondering if anyone knows if you can turn in a NR deer tag in KS and/or Iowa and retain your points and/or get a refund?

16-Jun-22
In Kansas you can’t. Don’t know about IA.

16-Jun-22
“ I found 5 bucks in a small chunk of BLM. Biggest one was 170"s, but I accidentally shot a younger buck running, thinking he was the 170".”

Mistakenly shooting a small buck while running with a rifle? I thought one of the cardinal rules of hunter safety was identify your target?

17-Jun-22
I did identify it. At 320 yards running left to right, I could tell it was a 4x4, just didn't realize there were 3, 4x4s all in the same ravine, at the same time.

01-Jul-22
Does Kansas send refund checks or credit your credit card? This is the first time I didn't draw.

01-Jul-22

Catscratch's embedded Photo
Catscratch's embedded Photo
If it helps any this was part of the email from the state informing me I didn't get the antelope draw.

01-Jul-22
Same here. I didn't have any pending charges. Kansas took all the fees up front. No Visa card credit or check in the mail yet.

01-Jul-22
Ike……….not 100% certain, but I’m pretty sure you can’t turn your points in and retain them, or get a refund back, in Iowa, either.

01-Jul-22
I still drew

18-Jul-22
Has anybody received a refund yet?

18-Jul-22
I have not .

18-Jul-22
Mike I called last week, they are starting to send them out the middle of this week and next week. I drew but not mule deer so I am owed a refund on that. She said refunds will be in the form of a check regardless of how you paid. Shawn

19-Jul-22
Thanks. Maybe they should pay us interest ;-)

19-Jul-22
Has anybody got their tags yet?

19-Jul-22
E- tags are being sent at same time as refunds. Should have them before the end of July. I spoke to Pratt just the other day. They should send interest if you think about it!! 500 hundred grand in hunters money for a few months can add up in quite a bit of interest!! Shawn

19-Jul-22
E- tags are being sent at same time as refunds. Should have them before the end of July. I spoke to Pratt just the other day. They should send interest if you think about it!! 500 hundred grand in hunters money for a few months can add up in quite a bit of interest!! Shawn

• Sitka Gear